I am currently a California community college student. I screwed up pretty bad at my currently community college, there is one not too far from the one I currently attend. I struggled pretty bad with math and science but did fine in other subjects.

I would like to know if I was to transfer from one community college to another-rather than starting as a new student-would they transfer everything I have taken from my currently community college to the one I would be transferring too. I am a bit shy and too ashamed to contact my own community college about this matter so I was hoping to get some insight here on the forums.

As a side-note, I would like to add that running the numbers, hypothetically I could try to fix my GPA at my current college, but realistically it would be tough, achievable but tough, my transcript would still look pretty spotty which I worry may ruin my prospects for transferring to a 4-year college
    Last edited by cl8baller; 06-11-13 at 02:26 PM. Reason: Sidenote
    06-11-13 02:22 PM
    Depending on the college, they generally accept credit for classes you have a C or better in. Go talk to your program coordinator or admissions counselor, they can give you all your options. Be open with them, it's what you're paying for. As for a 4-year, worry about an Associate's first. If you get things worked out and raise your GPA a bit, participate in a club or two, or get in on a research project on campus, you'll have no trouble finding a 4-year when the time comes.

Posted via CB10
    06-13-13 11:17 PM