Well this is completely off topic, but I'm curious as to if anyone has any tips on studying for classes. I can't seem to find a good way to and we all know (no sarcasm) that CrackBerry has some of the best and brightest! I'm always looking for new ways of trying things, so I thought that I would turn to this community.

Thanks everyone!
    03-10-15 02:35 PM
    I'll start first: read the chapter before the the lecture.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2267
    03-10-15 02:41 PM
    Another one: use a recorder with professor's consent.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2267
    Skatophilia likes this.
    03-10-15 02:42 PM
    Read over lecture materials before going to class and go over the materials taught by the profs on the same day again when you get home. During each hour of studying, give yourself a 10 or 15 minute break but during those 50 minutes just make sure to not let your phone or other non relevant study materials keep you distracted.

I would say manage some time for the gym or some other physical activities because once you get into the routine, you'll feel great as you'll choose to eat healthier food choices and studying becomes less stressful.

Posted via CB10
    Umaima_B_Dia and Skatophilia like this.
    03-10-15 02:50 PM
    Devide your material in chunks... your brain remembers what you read first and last... so you must find a way to lure it by repeating, espeacially what you read/learned in the middle of your learning session ;-)

Workhorse: BlackBerry|Q10, SQN100-3, OS 10.2.2.1531; Power Workhorse: BlackBerry|Passport, SQW100-1, OS 10.3.1.2480; Germany.
    Skatophilia likes this.
    03-10-15 02:57 PM
    Read over lecture materials before going to class and go over the materials taught by the profs on the same day again when you get home. During each hour of studying, give yourself a 10 or 15 minute break but during those 50 minutes just make sure to not let your phone or other non relevant study materials keep you distracted.

I would say manage some time for the gym or some other physical activities because once you get into the routine, you'll feel great as you'll choose to eat healthier food choices and studying becomes less stressful.

Posted via CB10
    And what about for classes that you have no motivation for?
    03-10-15 04:28 PM
    What I find works is to rewrite class notes. I write on lecture slides/paper in class, and when it's a test soon, I type them up. One long stream of bullet points.

Posted via CB10
    Johberry and Skatophilia like this.
    03-10-15 04:51 PM
    LoL this could be a tough question to answer. Could you give an example of what the course might be? For subjects like biology and psychology, I never bother reading the textbooks lol. I just read the lecture materials and practice on lots of tests & exams from previous years.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by nhanken; 03-10-15 at 10:43 PM.
    03-10-15 05:01 PM
    LoL this could be a tough question to answer. Could you give an example of what the course might be? For subjects like biology and psychology, I never bother reading the textbooks lol. I just read the lecture materials and practice on lots of tests & exams from previous years.

Posted via CB10
    Haha 2 classes. One is organizational behaviour, the other is introduction to information systems. Just so long and dry and those type of classes that are common sense but for some reason you need to know them anyways....
    03-10-15 11:19 PM
    Drawing things out (if need be) supplements rewriting notes.

Case in point, most of tonight:
    Tips on studying?-img_20150311_012931.jpg

Posted via CB10
    Skatophilia likes this.
    03-11-15 12:30 AM
    Study dates with friends always works for me.
    But I recommend handwritten and creative notes on the spot. It helps with memorizing and remembering.
    Skatophilia likes this.
    03-11-15 07:19 AM
    What I do is take notes during class and read from those. I do some research on the net to try and interest myself.
    But reading from notes definitely helps, as long as they are thorough.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-15 10:08 AM
    What I do is take notes during class and read from those. I do some research on the net to try and interest myself.
    But reading from notes definitely helps, as long as they are thorough.

Posted via CB10
    This is exactly what I do too and it's one of the reasons I never buy textbooks. If I read the lecture materials and want to know more about hemoglobin for example, I just Google and read about it and jot down some notes if I don't know what it is.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-15 12:12 PM
    Thanks everyone, I will try it and hopefully it will make a difference! Because my GPA is a lot lower than I would want it to be. Lol
    Last edited by Skatophilia; 03-11-15 at 09:50 PM.
    03-11-15 07:42 PM
    Thanks everyone, I will try it and hopefully it will make a difference! Because my GPA is a lot lower than I would want it to be. Lol
    Always set up higher GOALS!
    So you're on the right path!
    Good luck!

Workhorse: BlackBerry|Q10, SQN100-3, OS 10.2.2.1531; Power Workhorse: BlackBerry|Passport, SQW100-1, OS 10.3.1.2480; Germany.
    Skatophilia likes this.
    03-12-15 09:20 AM
    What mainly works for me is to just read the book and take notes. I sometimes just take notes from lectures and use that for tests, which I do quite well.
    I sometimes listen to some classical or calming electronic music while reading, but it doesn't work for everyone.
    03-12-15 06:46 PM
    What mainly works for me is to just read the book and take notes. I sometimes just take notes from lectures and use that for tests, which I do quite well.
    I sometimes listen to some classical or calming electronic music while reading, but it doesn't work for everyone.
    I use cheesy 80s music...
    03-12-15 07:22 PM
    I'm probably the worst because I can really multitask; I watch movies while studying otherwise I'd fall asleep especially late at night. I wouldn't want to recommend this to anyone especially the OP!

Posted via CB10
    03-12-15 09:18 PM
    Studies have shown that working in an environment with more ambient noise improves focus and and the ability to sustain your concentration. Also, plants and music help calm you.
    So head down to the park!

Posted via CB10
    03-13-15 08:27 AM