What a rip off. Local event at the civil center in town, tickets are 9 bucks each. The CONVENIENCE FEE (Per ticket) is 5.50! The stupid fee is almost as much as the tickets!

What gives?
    01-18-09 02:36 PM
    The CONVENIENCE FEE is for all the folks (according to Ticketmaster), that don't want to drive down to the local events ticket office to buy tickets, plus the website to show you which seats have been sold (or on hold until they are sold).

And for the most part it's pay the fee or take your chances at the Box Office, which means only buying when it's open, and often only in person, or not seeing the show. And it's really too bad some events are ONLY sold through Ticketmaster making it a big pain in the rump roast.
    01-18-09 04:15 PM
    60% isnt a convenience fee, its extortion! Its as if ordering online is some new magic thing.
    01-18-09 04:24 PM
    True, but they have ya ham strung if the local event does not offer in person/online/phone advamce ticket sales. And most events don't have the staff to take phone orders. So TM gets to do it to save the event and venu that hassle factor I suppose.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-18-09 11:18 PM
    The fee is also the same for everyone, right? It's obviously stupid to pay it if you live there, but considering where you live (as well as the other mentioned factors), it may not be so close to extortion. Some people may want their tickets without having to drive several towns over. Still expensive though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-19-09 06:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD