Here me out..

I know I have always wanted to try the new phone that just hit the market - iPhone, Android, Windows, Blackberry. But, I cant..

I cant rent one from my carrier. Sure, I can return in and swap out for another one within a certain period but really, is that really enough time to try a phone?

What if there was a "Red Box" for cell phones? You pick the phone, pick your carrier, swipe your credit card, get the phone, insert your SIM and go.

Theres a rate - Daily maybe? Weekly?

If you like it - Keep on using it at the rate agreed upon.
    Dont like it - Return it and snag another one.

Would something like that be possible? Would something like that interest you?

Discuss.
    07-10-13 12:57 PM
    Interesting concept.. definitely a high startup cost to have all these phones in all these vending machines though. Then there's the issue of every phone needing to be cleared when they come back for privacy reasons..

Seems like something that might be a better as a carrier program, where each store had a few of each devices as loaners, most already have a few where you can get one if your device goes for repair, but maybe expand it to one or two of every model and charge a fee to let people borrow and test them for a week or 2.. sell them off at a discount when the device is no longer current.
    07-10-13 01:32 PM
    Maybe partner with Gazelle who is always buying back phones?

Heck, how about a Black Box..with nothing but Blackberry devices to "try".
    07-10-13 04:15 PM