Good Morning, jdoc! I figured it was time you had your own dedication thread, too. You have been a credit to CrackBerry and deserve a little recognition from the family.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-10-09 10:29 AM
    G_d that guy is such a . Always dispensing advice like he's the Doctor around here. Who the heck does he think he is, doesn't he know I play the doctor on CrackBerry? And that avatar, ever since he changed it, I just want to slap the out of him. That was the thing I loved most about him.
    Ah, jdoc you know I'm just kidding. Well except for the avatar, that needs to return. I'm thinking of starting a new Genie thread too. Get the old gang back together. Something exclusive for those that really enjoy creative writing. I'll let the rest of your fans have at it now. Catch you later doc!
    05-10-09 10:55 AM
    I'm honored. Muchas Gracias. I should probably be embarassed. They tell me that people of my *cough* stature shouldn't be on here. I think that's crap. I love you guys (no Bud Light, please)

Oh you mean this avatar:

My first Avatar on here was El Kabong...

I try to dispense with the advice dispensation but it's not in my disposition to not dispense advice, so to speak...

I doubt I have many fans...

Be gentle. I'm just an old country Doctor.. you know, Like McCoy on Star Trek.
    05-10-09 11:35 AM
    Get your head outta your a$$.... Can you believe this guy?

Whateva! I do what I want!
    05-10-09 11:38 AM
    Which head and whose a$$?

*thread closed* lol...
    05-10-09 11:40 AM
    Your head, outta your back-side... I thought it was written clearly the first time

Naa, it'd just be a warning Back-space, stop bothering people... Jdoc, stop swearing...
    05-10-09 11:43 AM
    I think jdoc is the shiznit.
    And you totally need to have gone through med school to understand that.

05-10-09 11:44 AM
    Word not found in the Dictionary and Encyclopedia. Did you mean:
    Zhizn Shiza Shion shin

Stop talking like a gangster...
    05-10-09 11:50 AM
    05-10-09 11:55 AM
    Hehehe.
    So hey, jdoc, gotta ask. What's your opinion on RAI after multi-focal papillary carcinoma of a multi-nodular thyroid? There are so many pros and cons on getting it vs. not. My endocrinologist left it up to me. What's your take?

05-10-09 01:39 PM
    Since I am NOT an Internal Medicine doctor, nor an endocrinologist or surgeon, anything I say will be just what I can research about the subject or remember from medical school.

I must caveat what I say that this is neither a solicitation for, nor advice of any medical treatment and you should seek the advice of your own health-care professional in all health related matters. What you are about to read is merely my opinion.

I do know that you have to do some prep-work such as changing medicines and maintaining a strict low iodine diet before, during and for a certain time after treatment which can be tricky.

Other than that, if you are worried about ectopic (not-in-the-thyroid) thyroid tumors, there is no better way to make sure you get at all the tissue that might be causing problems.

As I read it, over 95% of patients are satisfied with this treatment, but so are they similarly satisfied with surgical resection.

In other words, if you are hyper-thyroid, it will cure your condition, but 80% of the time you will eventually become hypothyroid.

Hypothyroid, is in the top 10 most common "diseases" in US primary care, and probably number 5 or 6 behind diabetes, hypertension, heart disease, chronic pain, and anxiety.

It is easily treatable with a single, daily pill (yes, there are supplements, but they are not as well regulated as synthroid, sorry) and if it is the price of making sure the cancer doesn't come back... it's not a high price IMO.
    05-10-09 01:58 PM
    What's up doc? It's about time someone created a tribute thread for you. Been a tad busy myself working on my house.,
    05-10-09 02:23 PM
    Hey jdoc! Welcome to your own thread!

05-10-09 02:56 PM
    I figured he deserved a good one. He was one of the first people to answer one of my early threads. I was glad I could make a good one.

It's nice that he keeps it real, so many docs running around with their gasholes so tight they can call dogs for a mile in any direction.

05-10-09 04:05 PM
    You've popped a couple good threads out of your gashole recently, my plastic King.
    05-10-09 04:08 PM
    Well, I've got more on tap. Got one for weezer, and a couple of the others hanging around.

05-10-09 04:30 PM
    Thanks BK, nice to have a regular member doing the dirty work. Can't wait to have fun with 1 2 weezy!
    05-10-09 04:38 PM
    j-d-o-c, cool cat, we've never spoken, but a cool cat
    05-10-09 04:48 PM
    Jdoc, would you mind if I PM'd you? :3

05-10-09 07:33 PM
    Of course not.. PM away oh kitty of soda.

Oh and tight gas-holes.. you are squeaking up Carol64's alley...

Where is the hotness herself these days? Just baking in sunny Florida... Le sigh.
    05-10-09 09:53 PM
    Don't know her, I'm afraid. Is she someone I should, or avoid?

05-10-09 10:28 PM
    no no no.. lol. She and I started here about the same time. Ask Kanga.. we used to rule the Genie thread.

She is a GI nurse, on call for the ER and all around sweetie...
    05-10-09 11:47 PM
    Ah, ok. That's good to know.

05-11-09 12:30 AM
    She hasn't been around here for a while, but I BBM her from time to time.
    05-11-09 11:57 PM
    I saw her post in one of the OT threads earlier today, so she is definitely around. LeX's thread sure took off like a shot today. Trying to figure out who I'll set up tomorrow, though.

05-12-09 12:37 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD