I share my car with my sister and between us, we have 3 BlackBerry phones.

My previous car stereos could only connect one phone at a time and needed to go through a pairing process every time I wanted to connect a different phone to the car stereo.

This proved to be really tedious and resulted in only my phone ever being connected. Which totally defeats the purpose of having a Bluetooth stereo in the car.

Does anyone know of any car stereos that can simultaneously connect more than one phone? Or at the very least, be able to pair via NFC instead of having to go through the stereo's menu every time we want to change the connection?

Posted via CB10
    10-21-14 06:06 AM
    Wow! I think Cadillac is going to introduce an NFC enabled spot in the car to charge and pair, but I don't think any such stereo existing

Z10
    10-21-14 06:15 AM
    Why do I feel like no one else has this problem of carrying more than one phone and not being able to pair both at the same time to my car stereo?

Is this a first world problem? :O

Posted via CB10
    10-21-14 06:35 AM
    My ford cmax doesn't connect to all devices however I can select which device to connect to on the screen so there's only like a 7 second gap between music playback from different devices.

Not sure what actual stereo it's using but it's part of the ford sync package

Posted via CB10
    10-21-14 06:50 AM
    OK, after loads of research, I've found out that JVC's latest range of built in Bluetooth stereos can connect 2 phones simultaneously and can automatically connect to 5 phones without having to re-pair each phone.

They seem to be the only company to be publicising the ability to connect 2 phones at once. So there's the solution!

Posted via CB10
    11-05-14 03:56 AM
    Thanks for the tip!

? Posted with the brilliance of my Z30 ?
    11-05-14 04:25 AM