On the subject of the universe, I believe it's selfish to think that we're the only planet with intelligent creatures. I'm not a UFO freak, nor do I believe in "alien abductions," but really, there has to be other life out there. It's too highly improbable that out of the vast expanse, this planet's the only one.
    And most likely, if they're as developed as us or anywhere close, they're wondering the same thing.
    We probably couldn't co-exist, though. The rules that apply to this planet, this galaxy, might not apply in others.
    04-24-09 11:51 AM
    I agree sodakitty, I am always surprised at the look I get when I say that. We can�t possibly be that arrogant to believe we are the only organisms in this infinite universe. Life has to exist in some form .
    04-24-09 01:12 PM

I don't really know what I believe. I guess I am more or less agnostic. I think I believe in God, but I am firmly against religion. Which is fun since the wife is Catholic. Ahhhh good times.

Has anyone ever seen the movie Defending Your Life (1991) I think I believe that more than anything else. Odd? Of course it is.....it's me.
    04-24-09 04:28 PM
    Hmmmm...this thread took an interesting turn. OP asked for a count, not a crack on Christianity. Such is life.

So, here's my final answer:

Let's be real, so we won't be fake. "Opinions" don't need to be respected. People should be respected. So, to say in essence, "I think you're an ignorant, misguided, brainwashed individual, but I respect your opinion" is sheer madness, not to mention utter foolishness.

So, it's best to say, "I disagree with your take on creation vs. evolution, but I respect you as a person", if that is indeed the case. Or, don't even bother to say anything.

Secondly, I don't debate with athiests, and really anyone else, regarding the existence of God. There is enough evidence before me, everyday. God's existence is not dependent on whether we believe He exists or not. He's not Santa Claus.

Thirdly, it's a waste of time going back and forth with the, "Well...if God exists WHY DOESN'T HE....*insert whatever you think God should be doing*. Human beings are made in God's image, and we've made the mistake of trying to make Him in our image. God does not have to give man an agenda, for us to check off.

It's one thing to have open dialogue, with folks who are in a place where they're seeking and genuinely want to understand the beliefs of another. It's another thing to spend precious time trying to work with folks, who clearly have no interest in bringing anything to the table, except presumption, cynicism, and negativity. Am I talking about you? If what I said applies, yes I am. If I'm not, then move on to the next line...

There are some intelligent folks who believe in God, scientists included.

Peace.
    Last edited by Tlynnsmith; 04-24-09 at 11:46 PM.
    04-24-09 11:44 PM
    I think you're an ignorant, misguided, brainwashed individual, but I respect your opinion

I didn't think this was getting to out of hand... Believe what you want. No �diot on a computer 4000 miles away is going to make me think any differently. Already heard it all at work you beleive what you want, I'll believe what I want, and that guy over there will believe what he want's
    04-24-09 11:54 PM
    Tlynn, I just wanted to take a moment to commend you for your intellect. Your statements on respect are admirable, and your faith, regardless of if I or others agree or not, is respectable.
    May the powers that be bless you, should that capability exist, and may others be so fortunate to posess an equivalent state of mind, and such faith in those things that mean the most to them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-24-09 11:58 PM
    Thirdly, it's a waste of time going back and forth with the, "Well...if God exists WHY DOESN'T HE....*insert whatever you think God should be doing*. Human beings are made in God's image, and we've made the mistake of trying to make Him in our image. God does not have to give man an agenda, for us to check off.
    Always the voice of reason, always articulate and thoughtful. You rock girl!!!
    04-25-09 12:02 AM
    absolutely nothing can be gained from a discussion such as this. nothing. beliefs are such a personal thing.. i dont really discuss them with anyone, because they are my beliefs. i guess i really didnt need to post anything, but i did.
    04-25-09 02:19 AM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD