Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By howarmat
  • 1 Post By DocDRM
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default [Theatric]Skype for blackberry confirmed by Homeland

So I was watching the latest episode and noticed the Damien Lewis's character having a video chat on skype with a bb curve!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,917 Global Posts

Default Skype for blackberry confirmed by Homeland

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think the Curve even has a front-facing camera. This just seems like a little cinematic detail to me.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    Passport (10.3.1.1016) | Z30 (10.3.1.821) | Lumia 1020 (WP8.1, Lumia Cyan) | Surface Pro 3 (256GB i5)
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    28AA7FFB

Default Re: Skype for blackberry confirmed by Homeland

Plus it doesn't make any sense that Skype builds an app for a dead platform
    CrackBerry Abuser

but why go out of the way to use the skype logo? i dont think this means anything, but is still weird.
    CrackBerry Master

Quote Originally Posted by chrysaurora View Post
    BlackBerry has always supported Yahoo Messenger, Windows Live Messenger, Google Talk (chat) etc. So, I think the "Skype" field that has been spotted is simply because Microsoft has shutdown Windows Messenger and switched to Skype as their messenger. So, the Skype is the new windows messenger. So, just because there is a Skype field, it doesn't mean that RIM is giving us ability to voice/video chat using Skype. It could be just text-based-chat like we used to have in Windows Messenger. No voice, no video.

That said, I wish they'd allow full Skype (with video and voice). It may not be most-used app but it's one of the most downloaded apps on other platforms. People want it even if they don't use it much. And for RIM to succeed, it's important that they support as many top-downloaded/top-voted/most-used apps at launch. They haven't released a new phone in over a year and have had plenty of time to work on their new QNX based BB 10. So, I hope they get it done in-time. If top-app makers are not keen on developing for BB 10, RIM can do the development for them. RIM already develops the Facebook, Twitter etc app internally. It could do the same for Skype, Kindle, Netflix, Hulu etc.
    I posted this in another thread. Thought it'd be appropriate here.
    Dear BlackBerry,
    1. Fix Contacts App (at the bare minimum: create 2 options - clear all links and disable auto-linking of contacts)
    2. In your advertisement/commercials, please advertise "Android Player" as one of the features (you could show/print Android logo and advertise limited compatibility)
    3. Support Google Play / Google APIs in Android Player so Google Now, Maps, Hangouts/Voice work flawlessly or convince Google to develop NATIVE apps for BB10.

omg its not real its just for TV.
    ~Matt
    OnePlus One, Nexus 5, Z10 LE, White Lumia 521, 32GB Nook HD+ & 16GB PB, 32 GB Dell Venue 8 Pro
    @howarmat
    Tre Lawrence likes this.
    Between Realities

Global Posts
    12,862 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by howarmat View Post
    omg its not real its just for TV.
    LOL.
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    28A006EA

That's just cinematic, don't believe everything you watch on TV... I just watched Men In Black... Do you think Aliens that going to invade earth?
    Curve 8300 -> Curve 8320 -> Bold 9780 -> Torch 9860 -> Bold 9900 -> Z10
    iPad 1 -> iPad 2 -> Playbook 64gb
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,809 Global Posts
    PIN
    nacle of phones: BB!

Okay Hariss, you don't really count as A CrackBerry newbie based on join date, so you are hereby penalized with a timeout of no BBM for 7 days for using such a provocative thread title that is purely fictional and uncalled for. Bad Berry!
    It was recently pointed out to me that SugarSync was still in my signature, and no longer available for free. It was a nice (free) ride, SugarSync, but I'm seeing Box and Dropbox now, via BB10 integration.
    kazmi likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Uuh, guys... I'm pretty sure hellium is kidding.
    Blatant placeholder signature.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    23A09773

Yeah, he must be on Verizon!

Skype mobile

Global Posts
    35,490 Global Posts
    PIN
    pin:tang

Welcome to rehab. OP, no TV for you, ONE WEEK!
    WAPers do it With A Passion

Z/Q Warrior °•.¸¸.•°` `°•.¸¸.•°` `°•.¸¸.•°` `°•.¸¸.•° `°•.¸¸.•° Born to ™ °•.¸¸.•°` `°•.¸¸.•°` `°•.¸¸.•°` `°•.¸¸.•°` `°•.¸¸.•° Upgrade Guide

BB10 - If you don't, kittens will die .................................................. ......................................Kevin - "I call you the PITA I love"

Global Posts
    35,490 Global Posts
    PIN
    pin:tang

Hold on! This just in folks......

RIM has been secretly busy working on a revolutionary device!

WAPers do it With A Passion

Z/Q Warrior °•.¸¸.•°` `°•.¸¸.•°` `°•.¸¸.•°` `°•.¸¸.•° `°•.¸¸.•° Born to ™ °•.¸¸.•°` `°•.¸¸.•°` `°•.¸¸.•°` `°•.¸¸.•°` `°•.¸¸.•° Upgrade Guide

BB10 - If you don't, kittens will die .................................................. ......................................Kevin - "I call you the PITA I love"
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    261 Global Posts

Can the Verizon exclusive Skype app just do audio, or video as well? (Video only from the caller obviously).

One point to add though, Homeland producers wouldn't have inserted this unless both RIM and Skype paid them to advertise.
    Last edited by koroshiyax; 12-03-2012 at 06:01 PM. Reason: Added point
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default blackberry

what model is that blackberry?
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Skype will be the external device that you attach to BB10 according to my friend who know someone who develop the device.