I know all you BlackBerry like to drive and text and email I have a website for you it is call drivesafe.ly
    10-16-09 10:40 AM
    Yea I love how the government makes decisions for you. You should be able to choose if you want to text,talk or wear your seatbelt. Its new world order starting its pretty scary. If you read the bible its says people will start to make choices for you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-16-09 10:44 AM
    yeah, here in NC they're putting in a texting/email while driving ban starting Dec 1st.
    10-16-09 11:05 AM
    In MO you can't text and drive unless you're 21+, how much sense does that make?
    10-16-09 11:07 AM
    yeah, here in NC they're putting in a texting/email while driving ban starting Dec 1st.
    Those laws are so stupid because there's no way for the cop to prove whether you were texting or calling someone/answering a call.
    10-16-09 11:08 AM
    Those things are so stupid because there's no way for the cop to prove whether you were texting or calling someone/answering a call.
    If he gets on crackberry.com he can probably figure out how to look through your sent messages/call log. Unless you deleted it really quick
    10-16-09 11:11 AM
    Those laws are so stupid because there's no way for the cop to prove whether you were texting or calling someone/answering a call.
    yeah. I'm expecting a full cell phone ban to result from it. I don't really have a problem with the texting/emailing though since it's taking attention from the road. I'm definitely guilty of doing it. Now if we can just get rid of those who paint their nails and do their makeup while driving.
    10-16-09 11:19 AM
    In MO you can't text and drive unless you're 21+, how much sense does that make?
    <Sarcasm> This make so much sense!!!! </sarcasm>

10-16-09 11:20 AM
    They can go to the cell phone company and get your records showing if there was any activity at a certain day and time, what cell towers were being used, etc.

When the Metrolink train crashed in Chatsworth, some teens reported that they had been texting the train engineer at the time. They checked the records to verify the allegations, and they were found to be true.
    10-16-09 11:22 AM
    Yea I love how the government makes decisions for you. You should be able to choose if you want to text,talk or wear your seatbelt. Its new world order starting its pretty scary. If you read the bible its says people will start to make choices for you.
    The government does make a LOT of bad decisions for us, but banning cell phone use while driving isn't one of them, or would you also like to see drunk driving be legal also? People using cell phones (texting, emailing or even talking) are paying much less attention to the road and are just as much of a threat to innocent people as drunk drivers.
    Forcing us to wear seatbelts is absolutely wrong though, as my not wearing a seatbelt doesn't put anyone else in danger and therefore should be MY choice. People using cell phones while driving are a danger to EVERYONE, mainly because they're too stupid to use good judgment while driving. NOTHING is more important than keeping your eyes on the road while driving and being totally alert, yet people think they're invincible and can do other things while driving, then wonder why they got into an accident.
    Totally banning cell phone usage while driving would be the smartest thing to do. There is absolutely no rational argument against such a law. There is absolutely no need to use a cell phone while driving, period.
    10-16-09 11:43 AM
    They can go to the cell phone company and get your records showing if there was any activity at a certain day and time, what cell towers were being used, etc.

When the Metrolink train crashed in Chatsworth, some teens reported that they had been texting the train engineer at the time. They checked the records to verify the allegations, and they were found to be true.
    What if you hadn't pressed "dial" yet? That wouldn't show up on the records now would it?

Originally posted by NoahFecks
    There is absolutely no need to use a cell phone while driving, period.
    What if there's an emergency? Or you have to reschedule where you were meeting someone? Or a bunch of other important things? If talking on a cell phone while driving was to get banned nationwide I believe there would be a major uproar.
    Last edited by jabbs1; 10-16-09 at 12:18 PM.
    10-16-09 12:13 PM
    I guess I understand the 21+ part, as soon as you hit 21, you have an unbelievable set of driving skills.
    10-16-09 12:16 PM
    Haha right... I'm 24 and I'm not even sure I should be able to listen to the radio and drive! ridiculous laws...
    10-16-09 12:19 PM
    I guess I understand the 21+ part, as soon as you hit 21, you have an unbelievable set of driving skills.
    LOL if that was the case then you would get lower insurance rates and be able to rent a car at 21 instead of 25. That texting at 21 years old law is so dumb IMO.
    10-16-09 12:21 PM
    I don't think it should be a law, but texting while driving is dangerous. No matter what age.
    10-16-09 12:27 PM
    It makes alot of sense to ban texting/talking while driving unless an emergency, but sometimes hard to prove. Its alot easier to text with one hand on a t9 than full qwerty anyways.
    10-16-09 12:32 PM
    It makes alot of sense to ban texting/talking while driving unless an emergency, but sometimes hard to prove. Its alot easier to text with one hand on a t9 than full qwerty anyways.
    Unless your using a storm, then its quite difficult.
    10-16-09 12:33 PM

if your mother/father/daughter/son/sibling was killed because someone was paying more attention to their text messages than the road ahead of them how would you feel? Some laws are in place for your safety! If people followed them we would be much safer. Unfortunately we have idiots that choose not too and something so simple as texting while driving can shatter not only your life but others as well. Seriously is it really worth it? you're willing to DIE or KILL SOMEONE just to send a text message?
    Last edited by rogelio1017; 10-16-09 at 01:58 PM.
    10-16-09 01:05 PM
    if your mother/father/daughter/son/sibling was killed because someone was paying more attention to their text messages than the road ahead of them how would you feel? Some laws are in place for your safety! If people followed them we would be much safer. Unfortunately we have idiots that choose not too and something so simple as texting while driving can shatter not only your life but others as while. Seriously is it really worth it? you're willing to DIE or KILL SOMEONE just to send a text message?
    Yes that part makes sense, but isnt this a free country? so many laws and regulations, We lose freedom more and more every day with these laws.There are Tickets for everything you do now..
    10-16-09 01:15 PM
    I guess I am ok with talking but with a handsfree device. Texting and email.....not a good idea. What we need is real good voice control and speech recognition. Then you listen to or compose a txt or email without taking your hands off the wheel.

10-16-09 01:18 PM
    I think the laws are reasonable. For those that need to make phonecalls on the go, they invented affordable bluetooth headsets for a reason. If you're too ghetto for that, put the phone on speakerphone and set it aside on your lap or something.

Texting while driving is a different story. My friend was texting while leaving school and just a couple minutes into it, totaled her car. She blamed her car for having faulty brakes.
    10-16-09 01:25 PM
    What if you hadn't pressed "dial" yet? That wouldn't show up on the records now would it?

What if there's an emergency? Or you have to reschedule where you were meeting someone? Or a bunch of other important things? If talking on a cell phone while driving was to get banned nationwide I believe there would be a major uproar.
    An emergency - yes. NONE of those other things are so darn important. Why isn't getting home to bed drunk just as important - you need your rest, don't you? Amazing 15 years or so ago, folks survived quite reasonably well without cellphones to reset appts.
    10-16-09 01:36 PM
    Text and driving has been banned in the state of Massachusetts since October 1, 2007. It shows that the accidents that were caused by text and driving had increased from 438 in 2007-2008 to 527 cases in 2008-2009. Do you notice the irony?
    10-16-09 01:40 PM
    People are gonna do it no matter if it is illegal or not...sadly I do it &try to be careful, but really you can't be careful when you are trying to text and drive.
    10-16-09 01:44 PM
    Text and driving has been banned in the state of Massachusetts since October 1, 2007. It shows that the accidents that were caused by text and driving had increased from 438 in 2007-2008 to 527 cases in 2008-2009. Do you notice the irony?
    I live in Rochester, NY. NY passed the cell phone ban in 2001. It was the first state to do it. However, the ban allows using your cell phones with hands free devices. Also, there are allowances for calling doctors, or emergency services.

At first, everyone was just warned. Now police will pull you over and ticket. My friend was ticketed and it cost him $200+ with all the fees, etc.

I wonder what the law enforcement's take is on apps like VLingo for texting? Technically it's hands free.
    10-16-09 02:03 PM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD