totally off-topic:

anyone know if Terminator Salvation (movie) will be in IMAX theaters??
    I just saw Star Trek in IMAX (first time seeing a movie in IMAX). It was amazing. Not to mention, since I'm in SoCal, it was during the 4.7 earthquake last night...an added "feature" to the IMAX experience. :P

imax.com doesn't mention anything about it, and when I googled it, there was mention of it earlier in the year... but blogs about it currently.

Anyone know?
    05-18-09 06:26 PM
    Terminator will not be in IMAX. Night at the Museum is next, then Transformers in June, Harry Potter in July. Any other questions? ;-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-21-09 12:14 AM
    Star Trek in Imax was amazing... But it only got a two week run due to Night at the Museum, so today is the last day...
    05-21-09 04:54 AM
    Terminator is awesome! Really good action movie.. Promise you wont be dissapointed.
    05-21-09 10:53 AM
    Yeah, but IMAX knew about the short time between releases. Star Trek really isn't my thing, but I agree, it looks good. Ok so I'm looking at the new digital IMAX, not true IMAX, but it still looks (and sounds) awesome! My favorite part of starting it... is the Transformers trailer.

05-21-09 10:58 AM
    Terminator will not be in IMAX. Night at the Museum is next, then Transformers in June, Harry Potter in July. Any other questions? ;-)

Source

Source 2

Source #1
    The Terminator Salvation news keeps coming, and if you trace the threads back, almost all of it is rooted in that big press event from Wednesday past. This bulletin tells us that the film is being released in the IMAX format, lately something of a box-office draw as well as some kind of badge of honor for a big budget action film. Most interesting factoid, however, is not that the film will be released upscaled and on the big-big screen, but that McG apparently would have had the movie filmed in the format, all but for one key creative decision.

Apparently, McG wanted the very fabric of the film to embody the distressed, post-apocalyptic aesthetic, so he and cinematographer Shane Hurlbut decided to use dead stock. I’m not sure there’s much dead IMAX stock lying about and, even if there were, I don’t personally think the IMAX folks would be too keen about Hurlbut running anything but the best of the best through their precious cameras, however little they’d actually have to worry about.

I can’t detect much of this beaten-down grain and “colour fail” look in the trailers so far, even in their most HD formats, but that could be down to my display or even the way the footage was digitized and treated in the preparation of the promos.

Either way, I’ll deliberately be skipping this film in IMAX and settling for a standard presentation, though - of course - on a decent sized screen. I’m not convinced by IMAX presentation at all. I don’t like the 1.44:1 aspect ratio nearly as much as 1.78:1, 1.85:1 or 2.35:1; I don’t want any of the screen to be outside of my field of vision at any time during the film; I don’t want to pay the premium; and I’ve seen some pathetically puny IMAX screens, anyway.

I appreciate the PT Barnum side of cinema, I really do, but I just can’t get it up for the IMAX sideshow at all. It does nothing for me.
    Source #2

Will we get to see the film in IMAX?

McG: I wanted to shoot the film with this dead stock [old film that has been distressed to give the movie a desaturated look]. Therefore it wasn't conducive to shooting it in IMAX format. But we're going to bump it up to IMAX. We are going to bump it up, and it holds up very nicely, and it looks and sounds that much more impactful. But one price we had to pay for making those choices was that we didn't shoot in IMAX
    Last edited by mjneid; 05-21-09 at 12:07 PM.
    05-21-09 12:01 PM
    Transformers will be in IMAX?! That will be dumb hot : D
    05-21-09 03:52 PM
    Is GIJoe coming out in IMAX?? Now thats gonna be the best movie ever!
    05-21-09 04:46 PM
    Hmmm... I am pretty sure Terminator really won't be released on IMAX... Unless I missed that e-mail. Or maybe they're keeping that information from me. We'll see.

05-22-09 12:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD