02-18-11 09:16 AM
- CrackBerry KevinCrackBerry FounderSo you've made your way over to the Rehab corner of CrackBerry.com...that can only mean one thing - You have a crazy blackberry story to share with us!
Take some time to tell us your best BlackBerry Use & Abuse story. When the CrackBerry.com Confess Your Addiction & Win Giveaway draw takes place, we're also going to take the author of the best story from this thread (as judged by the Crack Team and some of our site sponsors) and offer them a special reward.
Last edited by Kevin Michaluk; 04-05-07 at 11:28 AM.03-13-07 10:42 AM
- Well let's see where to start, I had a 7250 that had the following done to it and it still worked when I gave it to my son.
1. Ran over by a fully loaded gravel hauler semi when it fell out of my holster while running across the freeway.
2. Dropped in saltwater while fishing in Florida, had to dive in real quick and dive deep to get it before it ended up at the bottom.
3. Baby daughter at the time was playing with it in the back seat and it went out the window of our car doing 80mph on another vacation.
4. Dropped in tub when giving kids a bath, didn't notice it until we drained the tub 1 hour later.
5. Fell down/actually kicked down 15 flights of concrete stairs by some kids after it fell out of my holster, as I was chasing them, they were kicking it further down the stairs.
6. Dropped more times then I care to count.
7. Fell off roof of house onto concrete driveway, 14 ft exactly. Battery cover and Battery popped off and after I put them it, it worked just fine, just scuffed up some.
8. Stepped on by a horse while visiting my aunt and uncle at their farm.
9. Was used for 2 shots as a target by my son's friends one day with their paintball guns. My son used it to call my wife and had it with him on the Deck so I could sleep and one of his friends grabbed it, set it up and shot the back of it twice with his paintball gun.
---------End of Abuse that I can remember, still recoverying from a stroke so memory isn't that solid -------------------------
Last edited by audit01; 03-13-07 at 02:16 PM. Reason: spelling issues.03-13-07 11:34 AM
- My wife said when I get home tonight that she'll help me put the rest up that she can remember that happened to it. It was the first BB that my son was given until it quit working.
edit: Adding to the list as my wife messages me what she remembers.
Last edited by audit01; 03-13-07 at 02:17 PM.03-13-07 12:21 PM
- What there is more?...............
Okay so my BB story started way back when i couldnt have a Data Tariff but still had a BB. A glorified walking Calendar .....that was a 7290. I loved it, but after many frought moments with my Service Provider i went through loads and loads of phoneds, including a B&O Serene, Nokia 8800, P910i eventually i went back to a 7230. From the 7230 i quickly obtained a 7290 again.....until i had a 8700g. That particular 8700g has been in and out of my hands probably 5 times . I sold it and rebought, swapped phones for it and eventually the person i had sold it too said:
"enough, just have it back".
Then i came across 15 x 7290 and 4 x 7100t on eBay. They were bought by my boss (who doesnt even like phones) for 150 for the lot....I reloaded OS 4.1 on all of them and sold some on, gave some away to friends, made some money, and then finally i got a 8700f ( i like the bronze/silver colour). The new 8700 has had Telstra OS/ O2 OS (4.1.477) loaded.....and now, my wife has an 8700g..and hers pings more than mine....
So anyone want to buy a Moto KRZR K1 as new? Shiny Silver? Really good phone...honest03-13-07 03:36 PM
- Here's what happened to mine just last night, my wife decided to do a load of laundry and didn't check my pockets of my 5.11 pants. My 7250 was in there when I went outside and forgot to take it out. It went through the washer and dryer, not once but twice because of a coffee stain she was trying to get out.
I SWEAR that when I get my 8703e that I will treat it like it's the golden ticket to the biggest lotto payoff ever.......03-14-07 10:27 AM
- it was only a week ago, i will never forget it as long as i live though. I had just got back from a little R&R from work, i had went to vist some friends out of town. My Blackberry always keeping me in the loop was right by my side.
The weekend went well i arrived back in town and i tried to make a call which is not something that i do alot. and i could not hear. i started to freak out i could not hear the conversation. i turned the speaker phone on and it worked turned it off, no sound i was concerned. but not overly i was still under warranty with cingular and knew that i could have the replacement the next day. i have to use the phone part at work so i had to pull out and old LG phone that i had. that night i tried to manage, but i kept scrambling towards my computer to check for new messsages. and this was just sunday night. i went in to work the next day concerned that i would not be able to manage without it, i was right it was unbearable i missed everthing it seemed like the room was spinning and i was sitting dark cornner watching. The next day i got the new berry in and was hyped to have it i cradled it . i rushed home and plugged the original berry up to the usb (aka life support) to pull her information off and then plugged in the new berry . I was back and ready to run the world!!! it was like the feeling you get after you take a shot of tequila! WHoO HOO .... I have been ok ever since, but i know now more than ever that i can never be without my berry at any cost!
MY NAME IS DAN and i am a BLACKBERRY ADDICT (2.5yrs now)03-21-07 03:26 PM
- i am using a pearl. i was in an 8700c and had scroll wheel withdrawls and about went nuts with the sure type. lol then i switched to the Peals. It was worth the switch though i was haveing to carry 2 phones prior to the cingular bbs having push to talk capabilities. so it was nice to consolidate. Why do you ask?
Last edited by dhughes86; 03-22-07 at 04:41 PM.03-22-07 04:36 PM
- I asked because of this statement:The weekend went well i arrived back in town and i tried to make a call which is not something that i do alot. and i could not hear. i started to freak out i could not hear the conversation. i turned the speaker phone on and it worked turned it off, no sound i was concerned. but not overly i was still under warranty with cingular and knew that i could have the replacement the next day03-22-07 10:17 PM
- Let me ask you this i am with Cingular (the new at&t) and i have a ton of trouble with the push to talk button sticiking. i have seen the posts other places where they say to change the key in the screen and keyboard settings but my issue is that the button hangs after the 2nd or third push. it is weird. well more agravating than anything. have you heard of this issue?03-23-07 10:46 AM
- I haven't heard of this specifically on the Pearl, but my friend had an 8800 that had the same problem. His left convenience key was very different from mine, and you really had to push hard to get it to work. I think it was defective. If it doesn't seem to work right, do a warranty exchange.03-23-07 02:30 PM
- This is not to crazy. Last Friday night at 7:50 pm my 7100i was in my front pocket of my pants when I tripped and fell into my dressser. The corner of the dresser is very sharp and pierced the faceplate shoving all the buttons down as far as possible. My service provider has been jerking me around for so long that I now have a brand new 8703e and a new service provider. By the way, once I took a screwdriver and pried up the housing, it would still make calls using the scroll wheel. The end button is beyond repair so I did a battery pull to end the call. The 8703e is the best!!! I love the full keyboard (no more not-sure type) and it feels solid. Some of the newer blackberrys don't feel so tough. I think this one could take a beeting also, but since I am in love with it and totally addicted I will take better care.04-04-07 07:29 AM
- I love getting my emails and do yahoo messaging on the Pearl I feel naked without it.
The worse thing I did was last week I forgot the phone in the bathroom and was running late for work. I teach btw. Being late for work is something I have not done in all my years of teaching. So I decided to go back home to retrieve the phone. Talk about being late because of a BB. My principal ask me why I was late so I told him the truth. He just smiled and told me to go attend to my class.
I was a happy camper though. I know I will be worrying about it if I didn't have it with me so it was worth it. LOL04-05-07 09:13 AM
- New addiction story for me... i was in my 3 year old daughter's room last night playing with her and her Etch-a-sketch. I was supposed to be helping her draw a picture when I receieved a BB Messenger notification. I grabbed the BB and then my daughter told me "Daddy put that bwackbwerry down"
I couldn't stop laughing.04-06-07 06:51 PM
- the bb addiction affects not only me and my work but almost all my family (well except my wife )
We started the BlackBerry thing at my company with a beta version of BES 4.0 and some 7230 devices. Since that day I have not been without my BlackBerry. I work in IT and getting my email notifications always and everywhere is essential. Or working on a windows server screen using vnc on the BB to fix a problem while on a sailing boat. It was such a relief and feeling of freedom when there was no longer the need for a notebook and WLAN in my living room while watching TV. Or think of meetings. Fumbling with the BlackBerry below the table was much easier than typing on the notebook without drawing too much attention. Even the coffee breaks or restroom visits did not break the information chain anymore. Going for bike ride during lunch break? No problem the BlackBerry was taking care of the right moment to return...
My 12 year old son loved the device from the beginning and was asking me to be allowed to play with it all the time. He even beat me in brickbreaker...
My 10 year old daughter uses it to chat with some of our friends in google talk while we are driving in the car.
My 4 year old daughter loves to play CirclePopper...
My wife loves to say: Put that thing away...now!
I tried to break my 7230 by dropping it while biking - no chance.
I tried to break my 7290 by dropping it while getting out of the car, trying to catch it and accidentally kicking it with the foot all over the street - no chance. It only lost some of the blue color...
Well I thought I would have more luck breaking my 8700 when I first saw it, but it resisted all my tries.
Now the 8800, being a perfect MP3 player and therefore even more often with me, gives me more chances to break it and it looks more fragile...we will see.
Am I addicted? Yes I am.
My 8800 as NAV system on my bicycle:
Last edited by oppiTronic; 04-16-07 at 05:12 AM.04-13-07 04:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD