hey folks,

Hope that i can get a solution. I have a laptop with mobile a mobile Sierra Broadband card with 3G and the service is ok! not great but ok. i had it for a couple of months now and the 3G is not fast at all, even with all bars. I use it for business purposes and it comes in handy. To get to my point my co-worker has the Iphone w/3G and he tethers it to his laptop and his 3G is lightning fast, his downloads are very much faster than mine and my laptop has 3gb of ram and is faster than my co-worker. Is there a way that I can make my 3G faster or tweak anything in settings to get my $60/month worth.

any advice would help. Thanx Guys and Gals
    CrackMan Bquick
    09-26-08 08:21 PM
    How old is your card? Is it rev.0 or rev.a? If it is rev.0 you may need to upgrade your card to allow for higher 3g speeds, or at least that's my understanding of it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-26-08 09:11 PM
    How is he tethering with an iPhone? I didn't think there was a way to do that since they don't have a plan for it so it can't get the right APN's
    09-26-08 09:27 PM
    he uses a program he downloaded from the internet to tether. don't know the name. i watched him use it today and i was amazed at the speed. I pay $60 a month and he uses his phone for 3g. How do i check what rev i have?
    09-26-08 10:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD