I'm in the process of trying to get my z10 sold (anyone interested??), I am waiting for my z30 to arrive but of course if I sell it within the next day or two I have to send it before I get the 30. Can I begin the process of "device switch " and then close the app on my computer and continue when I get the 30? I know the first step is connecting the existing device, then u unplug and then connect the new one.
    Option B: I have the latest (att) update on my z10, when I get the z30 I guess I can do the upgrade on it through BlackBerry since I won't be able to do it through att. Then I'm assuming I can just do a restore from back up as well. Any suggestions?

Posted via CB10
    08-15-14 11:53 AM
    I'm pretty sure device switch is just a backup and restore all at one time so it's easier.

Don't quote me on it tho..
    08-15-14 12:00 PM
    I'm pretty sure device switch is just a backup and restore all at one time so it's easier.

Don't quote me on it tho..
    Right, but the restore and backup you have to have the same OS and build on both otherwise it won't work. I'm assuming thought that the update I did through att .2179 and the one I do on the z30 will be good enough so I can do a back up an restore with no problem??

Posted via CB10
    08-15-14 12:04 PM
    Right, but the restore and backup you have to have the same OS and build on both otherwise it won't work. I'm assuming thought that the update I did through att .2179 and the one I do on the z30 will be good enough so I can do a back up an restore with no problem??

Posted via CB10
    Same OS or higher. You can't restore to lower OS versions unless you modify the file.
    08-15-14 12:07 PM
    Same OS or higher. You can't restore to lower OS versions unless you modify the file.
    Right. And I don't wanna have to modify anything...lol...so to cover my ****, I'll just back some stuff up on my SD card, and my Google email account for contacts. It's mostly for contacts and password keeper anyways. The apps I can download again if I have to

Posted via CB10
    08-15-14 12:17 PM
    I did a backup of my Q10 before I got my unlocked Z10.
    When I got the Z10, before I put the backed up data on it, I was prompted to update the OS to 10.2.1.2977. This is a later version than on my Q10. Once I did that I restored my Q10 data to the Z10.
    I did not have to have my Q10 around to do it. You really don't need to use the "switch device" option.

Posted via my Q10 or Z10
    08-23-14 10:27 PM
    One other thing. I don't know if it is necessary, but I always remove the SD card when I back up the phone. I prefer to back up the SD card separately. I use an adapter and plug the SD into the computer. Then make a new dated folder to back it up to. At the same time, I can drag and drop new stuff onto the SD card.

Posted via my Q10 or Z10
    08-23-14 10:46 PM