Is it possible to catch it from the Storm? And what's the best way to disinfect the Storm without damaging it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-02-09 08:24 AM
    no way, it is impossible !!
    05-02-09 08:27 AM
    14. Can the swine flu virus live on inanimate objects? If someone with swine flu touches a doorknob, then I touch it, could I get swine flu?

Flu viruses can live on inanimate surfaces. So theoretically, you could get swine flu from touching a doorknob that was just touched by an infected person. However, that's pretty unlikely, according to Dr. Arthur Reingold, head of epidemiology in the School of Public Health at the University of California, Berkeley.

"I personally would not have a major fear of environmental contamination," he said. "Virtually all influenza is transmitted from sneezing and coughing."

Schaffner agrees, adding that flu viruses don't survive in large numbers on surfaces. "A doorknob isn't a warm, nourishing environment for a virus," he said.

Swine flu: Your questions answered - CNN.com
    05-02-09 08:30 AM
    Wow, someone is paranoid... American media fear mongering at its finest.

05-02-09 08:33 AM
    We can not call it swine flu anymore as it is not transfered pig to human but human to human. It is also very offencive to the pigs.

05-02-09 09:55 AM
    ::Oink Oink::

Poor Piggies...

Egypt had a field day with them.

As far as I'm concerned, that's a major waste of food.

Sure, some will eat them, but a very very large portion of Egypt does not eat Pigs.

PETA must be freaking out.
    05-02-09 10:36 AM
    dont let no one use your phone and dont talk dirty on it either
    naw seriously aslong as you wipe it down you should be good
    05-02-09 11:02 AM
    If you reall� want to protect yourself, just find a nice cottage in the middle of nowhere. Oh, and I'll take good care of your Storm. But don't ever leave the cottage. If you run out of food just eat the cleaning supplies.

Seriously, its ridiculous the attention this is getting. The flu kills hundreds a year, this has killed 1 person in the US. Get over the fear. Wake up. Think for yourself. I just wish the real stuff would get more attention.

05-02-09 11:15 AM
    I think it's unfair to come down on the OP and treat this as if it were a dumb question. Many people wonder, have the same fears, but lack the nerve to ask; he just decided to ask. There's nothing wrong with that.
    05-02-09 11:21 AM
    I just wish the real stuff would get more attention.
    Like this?

A McNuggets "Emergency" - March 3, 3009

And This?

Man Calls 911 In Burger Beef - February 9, 2009
    05-02-09 11:22 AM
    Scandalex I don't know that we were all comming down on him. I wasn't. Just making light of the situation. For anyone with preexisting conditions this could be fatal. For healthy people u should be just fine just a little sick for awhile.

05-02-09 11:32 AM
    Here's the real answer. Your Storm would have to come in contact with the virus, which basically means that you have to let someone use it who has the virus. Either that or set it somewhere that has the virus. Basically that means that if the phone comes into contact with the virus then you probably already have too. So, keep your Storm, your hands, and your tongue to yourself and you should be OK.

And yeah, I wouldn't spend too much time and effort worrying about it. If you're gonna get it, you're gonna get it. Treat it like any other illness...be aware of it, but don't freak out about it.
    05-02-09 03:43 PM
    So, keep your Storm, your hands, and your tongue to yourself and you should be OK.

Darn, there goes my Saturday night.
    05-02-09 05:48 PM
    the storm could easily transfer the virus or any handheld device for that matter, the infected simply has to sneeze or get a some spit onto your device and kabaam
    05-02-09 09:36 PM
    So i guess putting up a picture of ice cream on my storm then passing it around so everybody can have a lick is out.....
    05-03-09 02:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD