:-) !! ROFL True!

Nice.

If they couldn't supply the UK and Canada, it would have to be!

We shouldn't even stop at that step! Just start saying it IS a sellout in the US! Sales are a bit low (specifically: 0) but, that was only due to shortages from unexpected demand!
    no, you don't make inventory for the US if you know you don't have sales in the US, it is a lot easier to make a gazillion phones than to sell a gazillion phones
    02-10-13 09:33 AM
    Just ask the guys who estimated PlayBook sales. Not production or shipments. Sales.
    02-10-13 09:35 AM
    I think the Surface RT never had tremendous sales because consumers were aware that the Pro would be "Coming Soon", I know that's why I waited (although I ended up with a Note 10.1 instead ). I think the Surface Pro is going to be a huge hit. Despite the negative reviews (of all things STILL comparing it to an iPad lulz), the hardware speaks for itself. A complete, full running computer in a tablet form. Battery? I'm sure it still will last as long as most laptops unplugged anyways, so to me that's a moot point. Sure, it might not last as long as a conventional tablet, but convential tablets can't run near the same software either. Personally, I think it's a great idea, and will only get improved upon in the time to come.
    Many say that |Rickroller, and hey, it's possible there is a fanbase out there, but it is still a highly flawed product in my opinion, and I cannot fathom anyone "objectively" buying one. My first thought about it was BATTERY.....that after all IS why we don't have PC class processing in tablets/phones and MS didn't solve this. The critical point of ultra-portability is battery life....when it's as bad as Surface, I can't see anyone being happy. Is it for "productivity"? Full windows??? If you want to be productive, why have a limited life, small screen, (OH, sorry for the low resolution remark forum members! I was thinking of RT) , bad keyboard, and unbalanced surface, when you could have a real ultraportable!!

The only real advantage, is yes, you can convert between tablet and notebook....otherwise it falls far short in both categories. Is that important enough to make up for it's big shortcomings?? I can't see it. I actually think some of the other manufacturers have more compelling tablet/notebook offerings as well, though they dont' have Surface's high profile.

In terms of sales...we will see...I think it will be another flop.
    02-10-13 09:40 AM
    I was considering the surface products but then read the battery was really really bad. PLUS for $250 I've got a playbook with a keyboard which is almost as good as surface.
    02-10-13 09:42 AM
    Is this based on you using it or on reviews?
    Only reviews so far nj, I have used RT, but not the pro. In terms of design, I thought both flawed from the beginning. Of course the major catch to Surface pro being 1.battery and 2.price....since the final product was worst-case for both according to reviews, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone - even if MS weren't the bane of all good-hearted people...and I an unapologetic MS hater ;-)
    02-10-13 09:43 AM
    shhhh.... do you hear that? on the wind?

zuuuuuuuuuune.......

Sounds like the voices of other Microsoft products that've flopped.

Have they made any hardware thats been successful without taking massive losses? (like the xbox)
    02-10-13 09:53 AM
    shhhh.... do you hear that? on the wind?

zuuuuuuuuuune.......

Sounds like the voices of other Microsoft products that've flopped.

Have they made any hardware thats been successful without taking massive losses? (like the xbox)
    The zune is great, if they still sold it, I'd definitely buy another. Xbox took a loss for the first couple years, it's quite profitable now.

0/10 for your troll.
    02-10-13 10:02 AM
    i played with one last night for a while. Its nice, very quick and it provides much better use of the windows 8 UI since it touchsreen. The keyboard was ok but certainly would take getting used to. Over all when it comes down to it i think the price is just too much for what you get. I could have got a nice asus 13' ultrabook for cheaper and that probably was lighter too. MS is pushing the envelope trying to maybe changes in how the world operates but its just going to be slow.
    02-10-13 10:05 AM
    I would prefer a Macbook Air 11" than this tablet
    02-10-13 11:12 AM
    i played with one last night for a while. Its nice, very quick and it provides much better use of the windows 8 UI since it touchsreen. The keyboard was ok but certainly would take getting used to. Over all when it comes down to it i think the price is just too much for what you get. I could have got a nice asus 13' ultrabook for cheaper and that probably was lighter too. MS is pushing the envelope trying to maybe changes in how the world operates but its just going to be slow.
    This thing boots to a login screen in 5 seconds. Never had an ultrabook (I have had three) that did that. It IS very expensive (but cheaper than the upcoming Lenovo Helix). This thing is actually pretty cool.

I ALWAYS want more memory and more storage, but compromises are made every day. Will this replace a great laptop? I don't know. My pilot objective is to find real use cases for it. And not rely on reviews to tell me how will it will perform.

@Morlock, stick to raves about the BlackBerry. More credibility that way.

Posted from a Surface Pro 128GB..
    02-10-13 11:33 AM
    This thing boots to a login screen in 5 seconds. Never had an ultrabook (I have had three) that did that. It IS very expensive (but cheaper than the upcoming Lenovo Helix). This thing is actually pretty cool.

I ALWAYS want more memory and more storage, but compromises are made every day. Will this replace a great laptop? I don't know. My pilot objective is to find real use cases for it. And not rely on reviews to tell me how will it will perform.

@Morlock, stick to raves about the BlackBerry. More credibility that way.

Posted from a Surface Pro 128GB..
    suposedly this boots to windows in 2-5 seconds also but i didnt test it.
    02-10-13 11:49 AM
    Overpriced junk
    02-12-13 02:56 AM
37 12