Jim Rome
    D!ck Vitale - The Billy Mays of sportscasting
    Billy Packer
    Lennox Lewis - they should never allow him near a microphone
    Larry Merchant
    07-16-09 08:15 PM
    Man, I miss Mark Grace... One of the all-time greats... It was a joy watching him play every day... And I'd take him as a Cubs announcer anyday...

Oddly, you got Gracie, we got Bob Brenley...
    Grace the 'color man' may do well in the clubhouse with 'the guys' as a storyteller and prankster...and if he wasn't constrained by the limitations of 'G-Rated' television standards that skill in 'the room' might make him more effective; as it is now he's boorish, inane and stunts development of any flow to the telecast with his input.
    As a player I love what he did for the D-Backs, I always tip my cap to the Cubs for their mis-handling of his contract which allowed him to be the buffer the D-Backs needed against the numerous hard cases on the team that year.
    This thread is about sportcasters that people can't stand...and he sucks at announcing. So I can't stand him.
    I'll trade him for BB any day of the week.
    07-17-09 12:15 AM
    I'm a Laker fan, but I can't stand Majic Johnson being on a broadcast team.

I think he's set an all-time record for hand signals in a single broadcast. His analysis sucks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-17-09 01:03 AM
    Brett Mossburger (sp?) That jackhole can relate any play in college football to a time when Michhigan did something similar to beat/score on/otherwise annoy Ohio State.

Damn I just got a little angry thinking about him.
    07-17-09 07:27 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD