Firstly, thanks for stopping by and reading this thread..

My good friend has a 6 year old son who has type 1 diabetes. She is not the type of person who undertakes half marathons,full marathons etc. In fact, she claims that running 100 metres is tough. A few weeks ago she announced that she had entered herself into this year's Great South Run (Portsmouth, UK) taking place in October, in aid of Diabetes UK In recent days, they have announced that they will be funding research into a type 1 vaccine which would be great news for everyone, not just my friend's son.

I am hoping that Crackberry members around the globe will be willing to sponsor my friend in raising as much money as she possibly can. You can donate in various currencies, not restricted just to people in the UK.

So if you are able and willing to sponsor her, here is her JustGiving page which details more of her son's plight: Run For Type 1

She and I will be most grateful for any forthcoming donations

Many thanks
    Yohei

EDIT: It is now possible to sponsor my friend by text in the UK. Text NKLJ77 �1 to 70070. It is also possible to sponsor her more by replacing �1 with �2, �3, �4, �5 or �10
    Last edited by RojoYoda; 03-07-13 at 04:43 AM. Reason: Included text donation details
    03-05-13 03:26 PM