Couldn't agree with you any more....

on the same note i want you to read this....

Last night I caught my daughter, who is 12, sexting, words only, to her "boyfriend". I put a stop to it reeaal fast and her mother had an extremely harsh talk with her about the dangers of crap like that. Heres my question. Is there a way to set her phone, once she gets it back from being grounded, to not be able to delete messages and voicemail without a password. Also, is there a record of sms conversations kept somewhere in the vaults of tmobile land? Her phone one of them slide to the side deals with the tiny keyboard. Any help is greatly appreciated!!
    from another forum i read, and reply on....

do you see something servilely wrong?
    Simple Solution
    09-18-09 05:18 PM
    Careful...you might regret trying to jam your opinion about my post down my throat.

Who's judging anyway? I'm just vaguely voicing my opinion (to the world) about how damn dramatic this forum has become lately. Seriously, it's worse than Oprah.

BTW, this is America...I say what I want! Lol

This is OT? OMG, I thought it was Eric Estrada's MySpace page! Pffft...please.....

Oh and the only thing I read about this topic was the title of this thread.

Careful? What's gonna happen? Nothing, so don't threaten me. I didn't jam anything down your throat. I asked you a question, and the answer is this: People can discuss what they want, as long as it's not in violation of forum rules. Yes, you can say what you want, and so can I. So...I said it.

*drools*
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-18-09 06:27 PM
    Some kids need a good swat on the rump to get them to listen sometimes.
    As for kids getting caught doing things they know they should not be doing. If they break the rules, they pay the price. And that price should be more than counting to 10.

I think the main thing that is a problem with a lot of families, is the kids know that if their parents say they are going to do X if the the kids do Y, that X never happens, no matter how many times they say it will. And they grow up knowing just how to control mom and dad, because they know how to make them cave in to whatever they want. The tears, the pleading or the slamming doors start, and it quickly gets on the parent's nerves and they decide that not hearing them whine, is better than telling them no.
    09-18-09 07:57 PM
    Tlynn....chill. I didn't threaten you. I'm just not one of these guys that is gonna let you b**** at me because you wear the "Opinionated Woman" badge. Don't single me out just because you feel the urge to talk down to someone. That's something you need to save for your boyfriend.

*sprays on some crazy chick repellent*
    09-18-09 09:37 PM
    I think the main thing that is a problem with a lot of families, is the kids know that if their parents say they are going to do X if the the kids do Y, that X never happens, no matter how many times they say it will. And they grow up knowing just how to control mom and dad, because they know how to make them cave in to whatever they want. The tears, the pleading or the slamming doors start, and it quickly gets on the parent's nerves and they decide that not hearing them whine, is better than telling them no.
    My bro had to stop taking my niece out to eat at McDonalds {playzone areas}. Not because of the way his own daughter was acting but because you'd have no idea just how badly it infuriates him to see other parents pleading with the children that's it's time to leave. Children check to see where the parents are, "Oh they haven't left yet so I'll go back and play until their ready to go".

When my bro says it's time to go, he grabs is stuff and walks out the door. My little niece looks out to see who's left and realises she's all alone. She drops what she's doing and books it after the family {sometimes even tripping over other children}, he's never laid a hand on her. You should see the looks he gets from the other parents. Like he must be some abusive twisted dictator to have gained that kind of control over his child, others have actually looked at him in disgust. When the parent drops an order it's the child that must comply.

To see what goes in these restaurants where the parents says it's time to leave. Just how confusing is it for the child to see and yes you will see that the children do in fact check that nobody's made ANY attempt to go. My bros so annoyed by seeing how other parents send out mixed signals to the young and impressionable he's refused to take his own daughter back to these fast-food playzones, even though his child responds on command.
    09-18-09 10:50 PM
    My bro had to stop taking my niece out to eat at McDonalds {playzone areas}. Not because of the way his own daughter was acting but because you'd have no idea just how badly it infuriates him to see other parents pleading with the children that's it's time to leave. Children check to see where the parents are, "Oh they haven't left yet so I'll go back and play until their ready to go".

When my bro says it's time to go, he grabs is stuff and walks out the door. My little niece looks out to see who's left and realises she's all alone. She drops what she's doing and books it after the family {sometimes even tripping over other children}, he's never laid a hand on her. You should see the looks he gets from the other parents. Like he must be some abusive twisted dictator to have gained that kind of control over his child, others have actually looked at him in disgust. When the parent drops an order it's the child that must comply.

To see what goes in these restaurants where the parents says it's time to leave. Just how confusing is it for the child to see and yes you will see that the children do in fact check that nobody's made ANY attempt to go. My bros so annoyed by seeing how other parents send out mixed signals to the young and impressionable he's refused to take his own daughter back to these fast-food playzones, even though his child responds on command.

What your brother does is admirable. But sadly enough, she will soon be in school with those children and they act the same way and sometimes worse in school.

I remember many many years ago when I was in 5th grade. I was told to throw out my gum. I did the whole, throw out half a piece thing----got caught of course. My teacher made me stand in the corner for 15 min. Man those were the longest 15 min of my life. I did not want a boy in my grade who lived on my block to see me. He would have loved nothing better than to tell my parents as soon as his foot stepped on that block. Once they found out I was in bigger trouble. You know what happens if some renegade teacher has a child stand in the corner now? I say renegade cause every teacher I know is afraid to do it. The child will go home and tell their parents what the teacher did. There will be no discussion of what the child did to earn their stay in the corner. The teacher will either come back to the school with said child immediately or call the principal immediately. the teacher will then be reprimanded by the principal and will have to write an apology letter to the parents (and perhpas the child). Now, what message has this just sent to the child---I can do whatever the **** I want and the teacher better not say anything to me.

I once had to have a meeting with my principal and a student because the parents claimed their son felt like I did not like him because I rarely gave him a sticker for completing his homework, and that is why he was doing poorly in my class. They overlooked the simple fact that he only completed 1/2 of 4 homework assignments given weekly. when I brought this to the attention of all involved (i had proof), they did not want to talk about homework, according to them the damage was already done---he feels like I didn't. Do you know how many teachers I had that I did not like or did not like me? NOt once did I ever tell my parents--heck I wanted to keep them out of all my business. For the record, I had a lot of business as a child .
    09-19-09 01:01 AM
    I believe whenever a child is hit with an object (belt, wooden spoon, etc.) it's abuse. I'll be 40 in a few months and I still flinch when my husband picks up his belt to put it on.
    09-19-09 01:16 AM
    I believe whenever a child is hit with an object (belt, wooden spoon, etc.) it's abuse. I'll be 40 in a few months and I still flinch when my husband picks up his belt to put it on.
    personally I like it with a belt, chain, cuffs...

Oh wait...wrong...err..yeah...
    09-19-09 02:25 AM
    Kids need to be spanked every once in a while. Not like beating, but a swat on the rear isnt going to hurt them.
    09-19-09 02:47 AM
    this is the 21st century folks. spanking is way outdated. i hoped generation Y would come to their senses
    Explain this. Maybe the sterilization of society's norms, laws, acceptance, tolerance and allowance towards how to raise children has changed towards frowning on spanking and such..but why?

The prince got spanked and such as a little tadpole; I turned out ok. I don't get where the 'outdated' notion comes into the picture just because its the 21st century. If its for the very reasons I stated abovem I think that's sad..we're turning into an ultra-paranoid society even when it comes to the 'appropriate' ways of dealing w/ children.

It's simple..spankings are ok (there shouldn't be any notion of 'outdated' about it)..things shouldn't change over some parents who don't know when and how to appropriately apply spankings and such. The majority of parents are good parents who know how to apply moderation, tact and reasoning when it comes to disciplning their children I think.
    09-19-09 10:01 AM
    Alright people, I think we are done with this.
    09-19-09 10:14 AM
86 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD