I recently sold a couple of items on Ebay. The first item was a 16gb Playbook with FREE shipping! Upon reviewing my fees that ebay charged me was $11.34 for just selling the playbook ($85.00 Cdn). Upon further review, the fee was charged in U.S. Funds! Just wanted to warn people as I really don't feel this is very fair. If you calculate the percentage rate, it's way over their advertised fees and my emails of a dispute on fees go unanswered (3 days) and when I call (3 times) they either put me on hold and forget about me or they disconnect during the phone conversation or pretend to transfer me and then hang up on me. Then I try to call back and I cannot get a free code and have to call long distance. Its really not worth the hassle to sell on ebay. Oh and then they put the buyers payment on hold for 21 days because I need to sell a minimum of 15 or 25 (can't remember which) items internationally, meanwhile I sold it to someone inside my own Country! On top of that, I noticed they included a fee on my free shipping of $4.21. I wonder what paypal fee they are going to charge me since ebay and paypal are one and the same. Will be checking my paypal account shortly. Just wanted to say...check your invoices! I am taking off auto pay to ebay for invoices now too! What a shame!

Q10 with Telus on 10.2.1.2141
    02-23-14 11:08 PM
    Darn sorry to hear that; I prefer to sell locally through Kijiji or Craigslist. You could have done it through Crackberry market place too.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-14 11:17 PM
    Paypal is something like 4%
    Ebay and paypal fees are ridiculous now, is barely worth selling, most seem to opt for facebook groups to sell,

Posted via CB10
    02-26-14 12:39 PM
    I recently sold a couple of items on Ebay. The first item was a 16gb Playbook with FREE shipping! Upon reviewing my fees that ebay charged me was $11.34 for just selling the playbook ($85.00 Cdn). Upon further review, the fee was charged in U.S. Funds! Just wanted to warn people as I really don't feel this is very fair. If you calculate the percentage rate, it's way over their advertised fees and my emails of a dispute on fees go unanswered (3 days) and when I call (3 times) they either put me on hold and forget about me or they disconnect during the phone conversation or pretend to transfer me and then hang up on me. Then I try to call back and I cannot get a free code and have to call long distance. Its really not worth the hassle to sell on ebay. Oh and then they put the buyers payment on hold for 21 days because I need to sell a minimum of 15 or 25 (can't remember which) items internationally, meanwhile I sold it to someone inside my own Country! On top of that, I noticed they included a fee on my free shipping of $4.21. I wonder what paypal fee they are going to charge me since ebay and paypal are one and the same. Will be checking my paypal account shortly. Just wanted to say...check your invoices! I am taking off auto pay to ebay for invoices now too! What a shame!

Q10 with Telus on 10.2.1.2141
    Unless you are a vendor, it's never a good idea to sell off one or two random items on Ebay.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-14 01:18 PM
    The last time I sold something on ebay, the fees were decent. But 11% fees deserves a phone call with an explanation from ebay for sure. I am hoping it's just an error, otherwise, I will never sell anything on ebay again. Just have to put aside an hour for the call. Its like calling a cable or internet provider now adays. Takes so long to straighten out a bill. Think some streamlining should be done on their end to rectify overbilling!

Q10 and Z10 with Telus on 10.2.1.2141
    02-27-14 09:21 PM