OK so heres the 411, Im employed by AT&T right now, well on December 23rd i was suspended from work, still employed just suspended. Basically means vacation with no pay, which is like ****. but any ways, i havnt really heard a solid answer back from my boss as to whats going to happen, so i thought id look for another job, well funny story, I had an interview with AT&T for another position, Im currently a national Field rep, and this new position is a retail sales consultant. Well anyways i got the job and start Feb 9th, however my old boss doesnt know this and my new boss doesnt know im suspended, so what do i do? Ive also had another situation arise, i was also offered my old job back as a cell phone repair tech at a mom and pop cell phone repair store and unlocking store. My current position is with ATT in San Diego, and this new job is with Cellular one (This area wasnt bought out by AT&T) in Kentucky, kind of rural area, but not completely rural, Well im assuming if my new boss finds out im suspended than thats a no go and i loose, however if things work out where my old boss lets me back on, then i dont see there being any issue, however this is where the other issue arises. I LOVED my old job, awesome boss best guy in the entire world, like a second father to me, i LOVE repairing and unlocking phones and talking with customers, however with this new job i would be selling ATT Products such as TV, wireless, DSL, and home phone, and they are 100% against unlocking and what have you. and its not repair, its just Sales, so now i dont know what to do, any ideas would be greatly appreciated sorry for this long novel lol, but thanks anyways.
    01-17-09 07:00 PM
    Yeah...I saw that episode on Law & Order CI. Goren gets suspended with no pay and goes undercover with a drug dealer. Dont worry. ATT will hire you back, just like Goren, or maybe not.

What does somebody have to do to get "suspended with no pay" in the cell phone business?

claire
    01-17-09 07:16 PM
    Call your old boss and tell him you have had another job offer and need to know if you are going to get your job back.

If he was such a great boss, why did he suspend you with no pay?
    01-17-09 07:32 PM
    somebody who made a stupid mistake such as myself, just needs to let someone else use their employee discount lol
    01-17-09 07:32 PM
    ok sorry for the confusion, my old old boss the one in Kentucky is the awesome boss, my new boss(Rather my present boss) well shes kinda flaky and doesnt return calls or text messages or emails, and shes very by the books thats why i got suspendid.
    01-17-09 07:52 PM
    ...and shes very by the books thats why i got suspendid.
    I would suspect that ATT does not have a personal policy that allows an employee to be suspended without pay. Ask her to review that section of the employee manual with you.

If there is a policy that covers this, you must be enuff of a screw up that she was compelled to use the policy.

Sorry

Maybe you should go back to Kentucky and hack phones. Good Luck!

claire
    01-17-09 08:06 PM
    i got an idea...always worked for me. work for yourself and be your own boss. It's hard to fire yourself!
    01-17-09 09:15 PM
    Well its also hard to employ myself when your only 19, never been to college and dont have much money, i think i like the Kentucky idea is best so far, i find that happiness is much more rewarding than money, moneys not bad its great to have, but money cant buy happiness, just things that temporarily make you happy lol
    01-17-09 09:51 PM
    I would own up and apologize for the mistake and be honest with your new AT&T boss and ask them for an honest answer as to whether or not you can start the new job before you settle on Kentucky. The worst thing that he/she will tell you is you can't have the job.
    01-17-09 10:15 PM
    LIE ABOUT EVERYTHING! Blame it all on your boss, tell them that she made you do it, and then quit before they have a chance to fire you. Then its off to Kentucky.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-18-09 12:40 AM
    Kentucky job without a doubt, happiness is much more important than job title or extra cash

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-18-09 07:08 AM
    Remember, you cant collect unemployment if you quit.

claire
    01-18-09 12:39 PM
    Well im not to worried about unemployment, I just looked at my last paystub, and it says pay period 12/16-12/31 Whats funny is i stopped working on the 23rd. So who knows I may end up with a surprise in the mail tommorow. and if so then maby this whole thing isnt bad, its like paid vacation lol. im just havinga miserable vacation though lol, many choices that need to be made, but i suspose its just a part of growing up. But im still leaning towards the Kentucky jobs, im just remembering all of the fun times i had out there. I know this may sound absurd, but common i get excited when i see cell phone repair parts, either A: this makes me a complete nerd, or B: this just confirms that Kentucky is the place to be even if its in the sticks. All i know is that its better than San Diego, i HATE the People and Attitudes of everyone out here. What happened to Simple happy people? not to mention SOUTHERN Cooking, If theres one thing the South has to offer its cooking, its the BEST!
    01-18-09 12:55 PM
    I have been to Kentucky and the folks are very nice. At the end of the day you have to do what you love. I would be honest though and share with all of them what is going on with you. If this suspension was your first "bad" thing with the Company, I don't believe it should be held against you. Also, if there is a corporate Human Resources, I would contact them and discuss your issues.

Go with you heart.
    01-18-09 01:33 PM
    Howdy Kingdom, when you say you were "suspended" does that mean until "We get back to you." or "You are suspended for the next 6 weeks."?

As for the other offers, take them if you want or not, but factor in moving costs as well as setting up utilities and deposits as well, if you have to move.

Money can't buy you happiness, but being happy should not put you in a hole so deep, that no amount of money can help you dig yourself out of it.

Southern cooking is great and all that, but I have found great southern cooks, in all parts of the US, and some really bad southern cooks in the south. For me, it takes a bit more than deep frying and breading to be good southern food.

As for Simple Happy People, their everywhere, you just need to slow your own life down enough to notice them.
    Last edited by BlkBear; 01-18-09 at 04:37 PM.
    01-18-09 04:33 PM
    You do realize you work in the telcom industry and are making rather negative comments about your boss.. that isn't your real picture in the avatar, is it?

...just saying. You might NOT have a choice if she sees this.
    01-18-09 06:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD