SERIOUS QUESTION FOR HEALTH AND SAFETY!
    While sleeping do you keep your blackberry near your head?
    I heard putting phones near your head could cause cancer, just wanted to know if a blackberry is safe or is it possible(Natural) because of the radios?
    I personally don't wanna risk my life getting cancer but I end up keeping it plugged near me :/

Z10STL100-2 With OS10.3.0.140 !
    03-30-14 05:41 PM
    I'm paranoid too. I put it lower down.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 05:42 PM
    I keep it by my head kinda on the nightstand. I could move it further away but then I can't see it.
    I want numbers that can be projected on the ceiling in bedside mode! LMAO.
    03-30-14 05:50 PM
    I don't usually keep phones in the bedroom.

It's tropical here, just like Hawaii, so no heating required and we leave the door open all night, so I can hear the alarm in the morning.

Zzzzwiped from a Zedevice....
    03-30-14 05:57 PM
    http://articles.mercola.com/sites/ar...ety-tips.aspx#!

This article is creepy!
    And this is awful! Even in pockets! :'(
    Men in particular may want to reconsider carrying their cell phones on their belts or in their pocket, in close proximity of their reproductive organs. In addition, you have a number of other sensitive organs in that general area, including liver, kidneys, colon and bladder?all of which are susceptible to radiation.

medic_28 likes this.
    03-30-14 06:19 PM
    This isn't something that is new or anything.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 06:29 PM
    I do keep it close for the alarm in the morning, but it's mostly in a corner of my bed, not too far away from my ear

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 06:33 PM
    This isn't something that is new or anything.

Posted via CB10
    Yes but I never thought it would be true.
    I wonder if any of this is included in the safety precautions guide that came with the phone.

03-30-14 06:40 PM
    I use my as my alarm and keep it across the room. Forces me to get up and walk across the room to turn it off. Use to be a habitual snoozer...or shut off and go back to sleep completely.

Posted with my BlackBerry Q10 on VZW from Philly
    03-30-14 06:43 PM
    I keep it next to my head lol. :/

But I do have bedside mode on (w/ all connections off). Is that ok? Or is it still bad? :/

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 06:45 PM
    Mine is in the cradle on a night stand two or three feet from my head. Auto off kick in at 2:30 am on weekdays and 3:30 am on weekends. I figure it's gotta help a little ...
    03-30-14 06:50 PM
    Mine is in the cradle on a night stand two or three feet from my head. Auto off kick in at 2:30 am on weekdays and 3:30 am on weekends. I figure it's gotta help a little ...
    Mee too.
    I think this is way better than putting it next to our head.
    03-30-14 07:11 PM
    I use a real alarm clock.
    03-30-14 08:35 PM
    I wish i have an alarm clock. Now the BlackBerry serves the purpose.

Considering to put it under my ****.

It's not a phone, it's a ?
    03-30-14 08:38 PM
    for the vibration?
    03-30-14 08:42 PM
    Here's another similar thread:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-level-766653/

And here are some quotes from the said thread:
    The RF emitted by cell phones, wifi hotspots, microwave ovens, power lines, etc is non-ionizing radiation. It is non-mutagenic. It cannot cause cancer. The worst it can do is make cells get warm (like a microwave oven. And that's only in extremely powerful concentrations). That's it.
    Cell phones do not produce ionizing radiation. Radiofrequency radiation can be measured as Specific Absorption Rate in watts per kilogram. Ionizing radiation exposure is commonly measured in Sieverts or milliSieverts. I could not get the link to the first FCC article to work so if anyone else has trouble here is a partial quote. Note that the FCC says quoting one number for SAR is pretty meaningless "Many people mistakenly assume that using a cell phone with a lower reported SAR value necessarily decreases a user?s exposure to RF emissions, or is somehow ?safer? than using a cell phone with a high SAR value. While SAR values are an important tool in judging the maximum possible exposure to RF energy from a particular model of cell phone, a single SAR value does not provide sufficient information about the amount of RF exposure under typical usage conditions to reliably compare individual cell phone models. Rather, the SAR values collected by the FCC are intended only to ensure that the cell phone does not exceed the FCC?s maximum permissible exposure levels even when operating in conditions which result in the device?s highest possible ? but not its typical - RF energy absorption for a user"
    From the BlackBerry Z10 Safety and Product Information:
    If you wear your BlackBerry device on your body, always put your BlackBerry device in a BlackBerry device holster equipped with an integrated belt clip supplied or approved by Research In Motion. If you do not use a holster equipped with an integrated belt clip supplied or approved by RIM when you carry your BlackBerry device, keep your BlackBerry device at least 0.59 in. (15 mm) from your body when the BlackBerry device is transmitting. When using any data feature of your BlackBerry device (for example, email messages, PIN messages, MMS messages, or browser service), with or without a USB cable, hold your BlackBerry device at least 0.59 in. (15 mm) from your body. Using accessories that are not supplied by or approved by RIM might cause your BlackBerry device to exceed radio frequency exposure guidelines
    Posted via a RFG81UW device
    03-30-14 10:15 PM
    No need to fear monger in this thread. If there really was a health risk I doubt these phones would be on the market.
    03-30-14 10:45 PM
    Bedside mode or airplane mode is the best.

But I prefer to keep it a little away no harm

Posted via CB10
    03-31-14 12:06 AM
    No need to fear monger in this thread. If there really was a health risk I doubt these phones would be on the market.
    Alcohol and cigarettes are "on the market". Also McDonald's is still in business.

Posted via CB10
    UnlimitedEra and Breezygirl8 like this.
    03-31-14 01:49 AM
    This are good reads about EMF related cancer myths:

http://skepticalteacher.wordpress.co...-cancer-myths/

http://hps.org/publicinformation/ate...equencyqa.html

http://www.who.int/peh-emf/publications/facts/fs226/en/

According to the WHO article, "SAR of at least 4 W/kg is needed to produce known adverse health effects in people exposed to RF fields in this frequency range". A BlackBerry Z10's SAR is 1.07 W/kg in both head and body, even well below FCC's 1.5W/kg limit. As of now there is still no hard evidence to support the theory of having cancers due to using your smartphone.

southlander likes this.
    03-31-14 03:25 AM
    This are good reads about EMF related cancer myths:

http://skepticalteacher.wordpress.co...-cancer-myths/

http://hps.org/publicinformation/ate...equencyqa.html

http://www.who.int/peh-emf/publications/facts/fs226/en/

According to the WHO article, "SAR of at least 4 W/kg is needed to produce known adverse health effects in people exposed to RF fields in this frequency range". A BlackBerry Z10's SAR is 1.07 W/kg in both head and body, even well below FCC's 1.5W/kg limit. As of now there is still no hard evidence to support the theory of having cancers due to using your smartphone.

I had a friend who died from brain cancer of a Nokia phone, that's why I'm freaked out.
    His doctor warned us not to put our phones near our heads(Body in general) when asleep, he also recommended leaving it in the living room away from us.

03-31-14 05:22 AM
    I sleep with my phone under my pillow
    03-31-14 05:40 AM
    I had a friend who died from brain cancer of a Nokia phone, that's why I'm freaked out.His doctor warned us not to put our phones near our heads(Body in general) when asleep, he also recommended leaving it in the living room away from us.Z10STL100-2 With OS10.3.0.140 !
    Brain cancer can arise from different sources, not just radiation. Phones emit a very low radiation and is regulated by an authority, eg. FCC. If a phone doesn't pass this requirement, it probably won't see the light of day. Radars which we know are thousand times more powerful than your phone are even "incapable of overexposing personnel to recommended standards". So the said doctor's statement can be very hard to believe after all this documentations.
    03-31-14 06:11 AM
    You are aware that the sun causes cancer right. Are you going to stay inside for the rest of your life.

There are some claims but no proof that a phone can cause cancer. Too early in the history of tech for that.

Posted via CB10
    ronfc and jaydee5799 like this.
    03-31-14 06:49 AM
    Because our governments don't allow products for sale that harm us?

Uh, yeaaaahhh.

Via CBZ10 10.3.1.140 baby
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    03-31-14 06:53 AM
57 123