Well! Halloween is just around the corner!! So what is your fav scary movie?

For group of ppl: I love *The nightmare before Xmas *with friends over glass of wine.
    For a date or just very few ppl: * nightmare Japan: contemporary japanese horror cinema, Ju-Rei: the Uncanny, and Apartment 1303 *

What are yours?
    09-21-08 07:58 AM
    Well, this isn't really "Blackberry Discussion" but, "The Gate". Loved it when I was a kid.
    09-21-08 08:11 AM
    Oupsy! Post on the wrong place? Can You tell that i am still new. sorry!
    09-21-08 08:17 AM
    I've seen so many scary movies it's almost impossible to say which one(s) were the scarriest. I'll toss some out there. Halloween (original, I haven't seen the remake yet), friday the 13th (1st one), the sixth sense, dark water, alien and aliens. That probably covers some of them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-23-08 11:41 AM
    About as "Off topic" as possible.

You want a scary movie? Check out Thirteen Days.

Thirteen Days (2000)
    09-23-08 11:46 AM
    About as "Off topic" as possible.

You want a scary movie? Check out Thirteen Days.

Thirteen Days (2000)
    09-23-08 11:46 AM
    The original 'Salem's Lot w/ David Soul... CREEP OUT! The little kid floating at the window and scratching on the glass asking to be let in....
    09-23-08 12:28 PM
    I haven't seen a good scary movie in a really long time. Most of the ones made in the past ten years suck. The last one that even freaked me out a little bit was that one that was filmed in the woods with a crappy camera in first person. I don't remember the name right now.

09-26-08 10:03 AM
    The last one that even freaked me out a little bit was that one that was filmed in the woods with a crappy camera in first person. I don't remember the name right now.
    "Blair Witch Project"
    Wasn't even slightly scary to me. The ending was LAME!
    09-26-08 10:30 AM
    Nightmare on Elm Street, the Original Texas Chainsaw Massacre, The Exorcist, Evil Dead, The House of a Thousand Corpses...
    09-26-08 12:55 PM
    Oooo... Almost forgot...
    "Wolf Creek" - Need I say more?
    09-26-08 01:08 PM
    El Orphanto. Gotta watch it with subs but give it a chance. Its awesome.

09-26-08 01:18 PM
    Eh

The Orphanage was okay
    09-26-08 07:14 PM
    My wife loves horror and scary , yay for me. We went to see a prescreening of Descent. OK it got a little lame with the underground "people," but those scenes when the women were squeezing through those tiny spaces were too frightening, and then the earth moved -- wow, sh#t my pants! Then the close-ups of their faces and the dirt and dust in the air? Man! We almost left it was so scary. My pulse was racing and I could barely watch.

And how about the Ring I and the Grudge I? I think they're still making some pretty good scary movies.

09-26-08 07:33 PM
    Oh yeah, I forgot to second Prada's vote for The Exorcist. At that time, it was the scariest movie I had ever seen. The whole plot of Satan taking over the little Reagan's body and bringing the priest in to battle for her soul! Too evil!

09-26-08 07:47 PM
    The original 'Salem's Lot w/ David Soul... CREEP OUT! The little kid floating at the window and scratching on the glass asking to be let in....
    I'm adding this one to my netflix queue. I haven't seen it in ages but I remember that scene though. Creepy for sure.

09-27-08 11:10 PM
    My fave scary movies are Halloween, Nightmare on Elm Street & Black Christmas (the originals). But if you want to see something that will totally mess you up, although not a true horror movie is The Girl Next Door (based on a true story) & if I remeber correctly Irreversible or something like that. Its a French film shot in reverse sequence.
    09-28-08 11:56 AM
    for me the best horror movie of all times has to be the exorcist
    and the shinning
    09-28-08 04:39 PM
    Ditto:

Exorcist, The shining, Salems Lot

I actually busted the remote control (re)watching The Exorcist. My wife walked up behind me in the pitch dark to ask me some simple question.
    She said "hey baby.........." which was about the time I jumped and flung the remote across the room and against the wall.
    09-28-08 06:24 PM
    My fave scary movies are Halloween, Nightmare on Elm Street & Black Christmas (the originals).
    To me, those aren't scary at all. Gross out movies really don't do anything to me. A movie that has to rely on as much blood and gore as possible to try to scare you, really isn't all that frightening to me.

Now, a good psychological scare, like The Shining....
    09-29-08 09:14 AM
    Ok I'll give you The Shining. Those were just the first ones off the top of my head.
    09-30-08 03:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD