Seriously...

I'm not sure how I feel about this:

Earth atmosphere collapse puzzles scientists - Technology & science - Space - Space.com - msnbc.com

The only thing I can take refuge in is the fact that something similar to this happened 40+ years ago.
    07-16-10 04:27 PM
    07-16-10 04:50 PM
    Yea, the Sky is falling!! AHHHHHH
    07-16-10 05:16 PM
    The once great United States of America at one time held 3 years of grain in reserve for its citizens in case of a natural disaster. Don't worry, there is enough food in stores across the country to last the population now for 3 days. Hungry when the bottom drops?
    07-20-10 12:42 PM
    Now available at TBL, for those who need to get a grip:
    07-21-10 05:35 AM
    Sometimes in my bed at night. I curse the dark and a pray for light. And sometimes, the light's no consolation.
    07-21-10 08:09 AM
    I'm constantly terrorized by "night emissions" which cost me a lot in cleaning bills. I never even stopped to consider the sky.
    07-21-10 10:14 AM
    I heard that means you need to get moar then!
    07-21-10 10:17 AM
    Radius, you wouldnt have that problem if you'd quit eating tuna before bed and allowing the cats to sleep with you.

plus all of those cans are bad if you arent recycling. I hope that tuna is dolphin-safe
    07-21-10 10:20 AM
    Let's not forget that NASA scientists and a whole host of other experts were assuredly predicting that the Sun was ramping up for "unprecidented levels of solar activity"... Which scared the crap out of everyone and they even made a little movie called "2012" which used that as the causality for DOOOOOOOOOM!

Then, the Sun threw them the finger and sat there and did nothing. Business as usual.
    "Gee - I guess we don't understand the glowing orb of nuclear gas in the sky as well as we thought - have to run some more models... Yeah, that's it..." Was the general response of the scientific community.

In other words, the Sun, our planet, pretty much everything in our solar system has been chugging along fine - even managing to support a variety of life for the past FEW BILLION YEARS or so - but we think just because we've seen something that hasn't been observed by us in the past what?... 100 years or so since we've had instruments capable of measuring the Earth's outer atmosphere reliably... That something "Weird" or "Horrid" is going on.

Maybe once every 20,000 years, the Earth's outer atmosphere naturally contracts and turns into a fine particle mass of sugar frosted cereal flakes. Prove me wrong. Let's see the data. You Can't.

Business as usual. DOOOOOOM!!
    Everyone Freak Out. Yadda Yadda.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-23-10 04:21 AM
    Ahhhhhh DC, how I long for the good old days of frosted flakes, instead of the enviromental flakes we have now.
    07-23-10 04:49 AM
    Indeed, Wulf - Lol. Been a while, glad to see you and TBL still kickin.

07-23-10 05:05 AM
    Thanks DC! Always great to see you.
    07-23-10 05:11 AM
    For goodness sakes, get a room!

07-23-10 06:06 AM
    Can I haz a 3 some?
    07-23-10 06:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD