What Apps came on your device free are the first to be sent packing?

For me its social nightmares first,
    facebook, no thanks
    linked in, what a nightmare
    drop box, more like drop a bomb
    twitter,the fact everyone I know leaves creates a feeling of unease.
    Free apps with phones feels a bit like giving a kid a present and also a selection of hand wraped handgrenades also to play with.
    keep hearing lost in space �DANGER Will Robinson�
    02-24-15 04:05 PM
    I've had no issues with either Facebook or Twitter apps.

Via my Z30 on the Telus network
    02-24-15 05:32 PM
    I wanna delete the amazon appstore. Why is it mandatory? Dangerous slippery slope of pushing apps we dont want and cant delete? Smells just a touch too androidy to me. But its just a phone and it still lets me keep data turned off unless i want it on, but i really liked 10.2 and am feeling just a bit leery and trying to be open minded that its all ok ... so far. I let this stuff bug me too much. I dont want to see BlackBerry sell out and of course i could have just said no to this update if i had been paying attention.
    02-25-15 12:30 AM
    I wanna delete the amazon appstore. Why is it mandatory? Dangerous slippery slope of pushing apps we dont want and cant delete? Smells just a touch too androidy to me. But its just a phone and it still lets me keep data turned off unless i want it on, but i really liked 10.2 and am feeling just a bit leery and trying to be open minded that its all ok ... so far. I let this stuff bug me too much. I dont want to see BlackBerry sell out and of course i could have just said no to this update if i had been paying attention.
    Don't sign in to your amazon store, and hide it in a folder of stuff u don't wanna see, it won't consume data or push things to you etc.

It cannot be removed because BlackBerry is telling you u can install apps from here without having to explain the whole android compatibility thing to people with less technical interest. U simply can't remove the app source.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 12:34 AM
    What Apps came on your device free are the first to be sent packing?

For me its social nightmares first,
    facebook, no thanks
    linked in, what a nightmare
    drop box, more like drop a bomb
    twitter,the fact everyone I know leaves creates a feeling of unease.
    Free apps with phones feels a bit like giving a kid a present and also a selection of hand wraped handgrenades also to play with.
    keep hearing lost in space �DANGER Will Robinson�
    Hate facebook too, and I use twitter as a source of "breaking news" as many news sources in my country are going in that direction, it's platform agnostic and saves them from developing apps and distributing the while all this is for free.

Now having them come free on your phone is because less and less people are technically involved with their device, they want to on it minimal set up and ready to go. And nowadays the list you gave with weather and travel and a couple of more have become the bare minimum for a phone to be considered "smart" (note the quote plz)

The easier the "out of box " experience is the better.

Heck if BlackBerry manages to use "sign in using your BBM" with there party popular sites like facebook twitter Gmail etc... that would make life easier for BlackBerry users, And all BBM users.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 12:40 AM
    I uninstalled pretty much the same apps as you did. I organized the other apps that I "might" need, so I don't have to look at them.
    I think it's pretty silly having Twitter and Facebook on there as a default, especially when the Facebook app isn't all that great.
    02-27-15 01:33 AM
    Can you not delete with Sachesi? Never really tried. As one person said. don;t log in and put it an *Unused* folder or another good name *Crap*.

First thing I do is make an App folder and toss stuff like Phone, Hub, Assistant(redundant) and crap like settings and setup and help tutorial. Never to be opened again.
    02-27-15 01:42 AM
    Facebook.....Gone. Twitter......gone. I use LinkedIn on the pc.

" I do not think that word means what you think it means. "
    02-27-15 09:49 AM
    I believe you can uninstall any apps with sachesi. Give it a try. I myself uninstalled storymaker that way

Posted via CB10
    02-27-15 10:07 AM
    I believe you can uninstall any apps with sachesi. Give it a try. I myself uninstalled storymaker that way

Posted via CB10
    Thanks I'll try that when i can do the laptop thing. Previously there was very little you couldnt delete from your phone, even facebook.
    02-28-15 10:36 AM
    Apparently you can "re-install" using the APK from Amazon.com, apparently then you can tap, hold and bin it... :-)

�   "Oh Classic, you are the fairest here so true. But Passport is a thousand times more powerful than you..." (no offense, Classic is a great device, when it's charged)   �
    03-02-15 02:36 PM
    Apparently you can "re-install" using the APK from Amazon.com, apparently then you can tap, hold and bin it... :-)

•   "Oh Classic, you are the fairest here so true. But Passport is a thousand times more powerful than you..." (no offense, Classic is a great device, when it's charged)   •
    Not no more. At least not since March 2 - 2015 @ 7:28pm AST
    03-02-15 05:28 PM
    Why, though? Why push integrated android on us, instead of deletable? If i backtrack to 10.2, will it be just like it was? I also lost pandora and sirius functionality with this update. My 'thing' with a phone is just talk, text, and music, maybe browsing if im stuck somewhere with time to kill. And pictures.
    Its like as of a week ago blackberry isnt blackberry anymore. Well kinda but not really. Did we lose privacy with this too, for the privilege of installing android apps that we werent going to install anyway? How do you see what forced permissions are on headless apps?

Will this hybrid OS be the wave of the future? Can we no longer opt for pure blackberry?

My native version of Slacker still works, though!
    03-04-15 03:33 AM