That's all fine and dandy you MAY or MAY NOT get more information about something that has been hundreds of times before you, but don't forget that we have rules also. Not to attack the mods but it seems like some allow this to happen.

Use a Descriptive Title
    This rule is simple; help us to help you. When you create your thread / post, think of it as if 'somone else' is reading it. With that in mind, make your subject lines related to the content of your post. Having a subject line of 'help' or 'now what', will not really help others later when they do a search for a particular issue. So, try to be a little more creative. Example: “My Pearl will not show myFaves icons” or “How do I use BB Maps on my 8100”
    Use the Site Search and Forum Search
    If you have a basic question that needs answering, depending on the specifics, there’s a good chance the answer might already be posted in the forums and/or elsewhere on the site. We’ve assembled a lot of the basic blackberry FAQs on the site, and with the forums growing daily there is a lot of knowledge accumulating in the database. Doing site searches before posting will help keep things efficient.
    02-02-09 11:35 PM
    You know they have an ignore button? If you feel someone is being a complete Ahole towards you, or in general then use it problem solved. But like someone already mentioned this is the internet so no matter where you go you're going to run into things or people you find offensive, rude, annoying, you name it. It's just the way it is unfortunately.

Like someone already mentioned I find Crackberry to be a friendly forum for the most part. Compared to other cellphone forums I'm a member of. I notice people take things less seriously here, and aren't as uptight.
    02-02-09 11:37 PM
    I knew this was going to be a warm thread. I really dont think people read the rule or guidelines when they sign u and start posting for help. Happens everyday. How do some mods allow this to happen?
    02-02-09 11:45 PM
    Kumbaya, my Lord, kumbaya
    O Lord, kumbaya

claire
    02-03-09 12:00 AM
    Communication is 50 percent visual which puts us in jeopardy of misinterpretation right out of the gate. Add to that the fact that we are writing responses and the reader has no idea of what the tone or inflection would be if the words were spoken sets us up for mis-interpretation at least half the time. Lighten up people! And I mean that in a good way. And I know someone is going to take this wrong!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-03-09 12:12 AM
    Communication is 50 percent visual which puts us in jeopardy of misinterpretation right out of the gate. Add to that the fact that we are writing responses and the reader has no idea of what the tone or inflection would be if the words were spoken sets us up for mis-interpretation at least half the time. Lighten up people! And I mean that in a good way. And I know someone is going to take this wrong!
    If you put a on it, it would easier to understand your tone.

claire
    02-03-09 12:15 AM
    Sorry, haven't figured out how to add the real emoticon from my BB yet... Will this work? :-)

02-03-09 12:29 AM
    Sorry, haven't figured out how to add the real emoticon from my BB yet... Will this work? :-)
    Get rid of the nose

claire
    02-03-09 12:31 AM
    I couldn't agree more Sha Bby this place is so great. I hope the bad apples don't ruin it for the ones who are just learning the ropes
    02-03-09 12:35 AM
    Unfortunately, I think that the "bad apples" are the ones that answer most of the questions

claire
    02-03-09 12:59 AM
    Unfortunately, I think that the "bad apples" are the ones that answer most of the questions

claire
    And that's the truth. I'm the first to admit that I've made some blatant rude posts on here in the past. But as time has gone by and experiencing this forum more and more I realized that me being a smart a$$ isn't the best way to get my point across. Rather it will encourage the same problems and encourage more arguments. I'm cool now with answering some of the same questions. Reed McLay put it best for me when he explained 1 million new subscribers to Blackberry and the fact that the search that they indeed tried led them to CB. I can't fault a person for being a human being. So here and there I try in the most nicest way to suggest a search or to properly title a thread.

On the other hand some of you should let the touchy-feely stuff not get to you. This is indeed an internet forum. No need to get so emotional over something. But please, don't mis-interpret something some of us might say in a jokingly way and take it completely out of context. Enjoy the forums and happy postings.

Last edited by poe1983; 02-03-09 at 01:41 AM.
    02-03-09 01:38 AM
    They should make an area to debate or degrate area. I know a cpl people from here would love to contribute to that cause. Me I'm carefree. The true time I'm upset when someone acts if they are better then others. It is truely sad. Some people think they are the mods themselves. I think their some who take this forum way to serious.

1. Read the subject, continue if you wish

2. Read the OP, once again with this info continue if you wish.

3. Reply to post if you can help contribute or can add anything positive. (No Need for anything Negative)

4. If the thread/post is in the wrong topic chill out and let a mod take care of it. If you don't think its been nocticed by a mod PM one and pass along your thoughts.

5. You don't need to read a post no one forces you. There is gonna be posts in wrong topics, there is gonna be not so good subject lines, there is gonna be silly stuff, sad stuff, bad stuff, if you aint a mod leave the negative crap in your head.

6. I hope the mods correct these jr mod wannbes.

7. I can put up with mistakes, non sence, even stupidity but rude negative mean selfish low self esteem I can't put up with and would move on a dif forum is this isn't handdled not a threat that means nothing to to no one. Just a cry for HHHHHHHEeeeeeeeeeelllllllppppppp

Please we don't even have to like ea other or get alone wich would be nice as chessy as it sounds but we could keep it a positive place

You all know who you are

02-03-09 03:33 AM
    This has got to be the best/funniest thread going, and a perfect reflection of the "PC" world in which we now live.
    02-03-09 03:55 AM
    I'm sorry if I am adding fuel to the fire, but I have been on this forum awhile now and ....
    I think this is the type of thing the OP was talking about. AG is extremely knowledgeable and contributes alot to these boards. Obviously you can't handle harsh realities.
    Who cares if there are 100 threads with the same topic.
    The main reason being it's against the rules, which specifically state to use the forum search tool.
    Last edited by Reed McLay; 02-03-09 at 12:40 PM. Reason: Content moderation
    02-03-09 04:19 AM
    Kvaughn. But shouldnt it be the MODS who police this.

02-03-09 07:34 AM
    I'm probably going to get the same rude comments that I am talking about in this post. But seriously why do people have to be so down-right mean about stuff. OK, so there are other posts on a subject.... don't click on the post then. Or someone doesn't know how to do something? Just leave them alone and let someone who is actually going to help them, help them. Its so sad that we are all here united by our addiction to all things Blackberry and we can't even manage to get along.
    So you are saying that people should never use the search function and should feel free to clutter the board with redundant posts because they are lazy?
    02-03-09 07:38 AM
    Just my .02 on your subject.....

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/crac...lution-118095/

Hey Folks,

2008 is winding down and man oh man has it be a crazy good year for the BlackBerry world and especially CrackBerry.com. We've seen the site grow by leaps and bounds. We've truly grown from CrackBerry village to CrackBerry community to CRACKBERRY NATION!

With this growth and size come huge benefits and also challenges. Looking at benefits, we have a huge knowledge base, a vibrant and diverse community and a lot of fun!

On the other side of the equation, we have an emerging challenge that seems to be on a bit of a slippery slope as of late and it's something we need to resolve to fix as a community - a lack of patience! In pretty much every BIG forum community I have ever visited or participated in, there always seems to be the same issue... As the site grows, the tone of the board changes a bit. Because we are such a big and active community, we are comprised of members from all parts of the BlackBerry life cycle - complete newbies, old pros and everything in between. We have members who have been here a week and members who have been here since day one. This mix causes the challenge... it's been noted in this thread and I received an email from a member just yesterday who words it so well I'm simply going to cut and paste it in here to explain:

Let me preface this by saying I enjoy the site and will continue to...
    but... I gotta say that while there is an obvious problem with people
    posting topics before they search (or search WELL, which is part of it
    because a search only works well depending on your search-terms), I am
    having a much bigger problem reading post after post of taunting or
    chastising people for failing to use the search (well).

While a poster might post one misplaced topic, the thread then keeps
    getting new life as poster after poster appoints themselves in charge
    of explaining how that topic has already been discussed and/or making
    fun of the poster for being so moronic (sometimes actually calling
    them a moron) for not doing research before excitedly posting. It's
    not merely a waste of time to see these posts--it's offputing from a
    tone-of-the-site perspective.

So here's our resolution CrackBerry Forum Nation......

As a community, let's keep it helpful and friendly in the forums for 2009.

At CrackBerry.com we take pride in keeping these forums very open. If you've been here a while you've probably noticed this yourself. We don't want the forums to be a police state where you need to be scared to post something for fear of getting banned by a moderator.

At the same time, posting on this forum is not a right... it's a privilege that's granted when you register here and agree to the terms and conditions, which include following the forum rules and guidelines, including our rules for General Member Conduct, which I'll post right here:

Play Nice, Be Helpful, and have Respect!

This means keep the language clean, keep your posts polite, and don’t get into arguments over dumb things. If somebody responds to a thread you posted in poor fashion, ignore it, and the moderation team will quickly clean it up (you can always use the Report Post function - exclamation mark inside a triangle at the top right corner of every post - to report something to the mod team that you think is offside). Think back to what your parentals and teachers used to lecture - if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Always remember that we are all unique and at different levels here - some of us are experienced BlackBerry users and forum junkies, while others are just starting out. If you’re on the experienced side, have patience for those just joining in on the fun and be helpful. With a little patience and a little help they won’t be newbies for long. Also remember that it is our differences that keeps this place interesting. If everyone was from the same place and at the same experience level it would be boring. This is a worldwide community united by a common interest - our love, or addiction as some would call it, for the BlackBerry!

When it comes to this forum resolution for 2009, it's going to take the whole community to see make it happen. We *could* put down the moderation hammer and clean things up, but honestly, that's the last thing I'd ever want to see happen here and it would be worse on the forum as a whole. We need to police our own actions and the problem will take care of itself. It really is simple. If you can't be nice in the response you're about to post, then just don't post it. The community is big and somebody who's willing to respond in a more positive tone is likely just around the corner and will step in.

Let's make it happen CrackBerry Nation! As I said above, this is an issue that all big community forums tend to run into, but I know this forum is a cut above the rest. We can continue to make this THE place to be for all things BlackBerry and do it in a friendly and fun manner.

Have a safe and happy holiday season and a HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
    02-03-09 07:45 AM
    I don't think it's rude in anyway for people to be reprimanded for not using common sense.
    of course, not everyone is as brilliant as you

heres a concept for everyone: be kind and help one another.

then again, thats not common sense
    02-03-09 07:54 AM
    I'm probably going to get the same rude comments that I am talking about in this post. But seriously why do people have to be so down-right mean about stuff. OK, so there are other posts on a subject.... don't click on the post then. Or someone doesn't know how to do something? Just leave them alone and let someone who is actually going to help them, help them. Its so sad that we are all here united by our addiction to all things Blackberry and we can't even manage to get along.
    I have been on forums for years and there will be (fill in the blank) on every forum.. The key to any forum is How well is the forum moderated? I don't know these forums that well to judge yet....
    02-03-09 07:59 AM
    Most of us are not "internet gangsters". Simply people who are fans of common sense and realities (however harsh they may be).

Also, I have no sympathy for people who post the topics with titles such as "HEEELLLLLLLPPPPP" just because they feel they need urgent help. Most times searching would get them an answer quicker.
    Then don't open the post and move on....
    02-03-09 08:05 AM
    I think the first time I signed onto a bbs was when Compuserve was considered "new" the first time... *cough* Well maybe not the 80's...

There is a difference between being a bit gruff, a bit blunt and a bit real and being straight up personal in response to what you think is a pointless, repetitive thread or comment.

For example:

1. Have you tried Search? When I try search it shows: a; b; c...
    2. Oh please. Just stop already. We like our (Storm? Fruit flavored beer?) and you don't. Ha ha ha already...

Vs

1. OMG you're such a (lazy? moron? troll?) why are you wasting our time. (SEARCH? GO AWAY?) already! CB doesn't need you or this crap!
    2. You're such a (pick a name) ... I hope they (ban? run over? emasculate?) you. Go away!

This kind of behavior is nothing new... and I'm not excusing it. It's just that on the internet, people go from zero to personal attack in a way they would usually not do in person.

I think the ignore feature can bring some peace to your life... but I think trying to AVOID conflict (and spikes in blood pressure) is a lot more successful than simply ignoring it.

The best advice in the "forum rules" is "re-read your post before you hit reply"... and then ASK if it will contribute.

I'm sure that a lot of stuff I've said could be deleted and nobody would be less enlightened... but the idea that you can personally attack someone... even for making what almost everybody agrees is a useless comment or post... is what makes this issue.. an issue. IMAO.
    02-03-09 08:17 AM
    There are thousands and thousands of posts in all these cb forums... And I would venture to say that most issues on a bb is searchable......
    02-03-09 08:28 AM
    AG... I dont think the OP ment this in the forums in general. There is so much flaming going on in the Storm forums and we have been pleading for peace there. Unless you spend all you time there, you just would not understand.
    I however do understand, there is tons of flaming in the Storm forums. That place has been a madhouse for quite some time...
    02-03-09 08:33 AM
    I however do understand, there is tons of flaming in the Storm forums. That place has been a madhouse for quite some time...
    I'm with Garz & SD. There really IS a problem in the Storm Forum. I still read it as a Storm owner, but I avoid the Rants & Raves Sub Forum, AND I much prefer the rest of the CB Forums. I LOVE BB Discussion (where we are now)!

Oh there are trolls, rude people, clueless noobs (I actually like helping them), and jackasses out here too, but the Storm Forum takes it to a new level, especially that sub section I mentioned. (OK guilty pleasure I DO read Rants & Raves occasionally for comedic relief )
    02-03-09 08:48 AM
    I think I have read at least one thread like this on ever forum I have ever been on. I always find it interesting, a little funny and a little sad every time I see it.

I have to say that I agree 100% with everyone. There is an over abundance of flaming and bashing, but then again that happens on every forum (except maybe the happy puppy hand holding forum). There is an over abundance of repetition and �stupid� questions with exceptionally vague titles, but that also happens on ever forum. What is happening here has played out on every forum that I have ever logged on and will continue to happen on forum into the future. It is human nature for some people to get frustrated when they see the �My _____ is having ____ problem� thread for the 1 billionth time. My personal favorite is when I see 2 or 3 posts with the same title right next to each other. It is also human nature for someone new to sign up, sign on and ask their question with zero regard for the rules or anyone else. These people want an answer and they want it now. It is also (in some way) human nature to expect the person with the 1,000+ post count to be a wise guru type person that is sitting atop the virtual mountain just waiting for someone to come along and ask a question.

Like I said before, I agree with everything 100%. People need to search, read, study, learn, participate, face reality, do for themselves, appreciate and try more, but no one can force them. People need to flame, attack, whine, complain, coddle, blame and bash less, but no one can force them. The only people that are going to improve anything around here are the people that are here. If you want to make things better then start with your own posts and worry less about others. The negative people tend to go away when no one feeds their negativity and the whiny people tend to go away when people quit listening and offering them cheese.
    02-03-09 08:51 AM
198 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD