Consumer Fanboys Confuse Brand Identity With Their Own

Have you ever found yourself frothing at the fingertips while explaining why someone doesn�t deserve to use an iPhone because of the offender�s deeply flawed sense of aesthetics? Have you been the type to declare that those who don�t use Android are cylons who are under mind control from Cupertino? Or are you Peter Bright, turning up your nose at all of us while you wax on about the unappreciated genius of the Windows 7 Phone?

You may think you�re defending your favorite platform, because it�s just that good. But, according to a recently published study out of the University of Illinois, you may instead be defending yourself because you view criticisms of your favorite brand as a threat to your self image. The study, which will be published in the next issue of the Journal of Consumer Psychology, examines the strength of consumer-brand relationships, concluding that those who have more knowledge of and experience with a brand are more personally impacted by incidents of brand �failure.�
    Click on the link at the top for the rest of the article.

This to an extent does help explain why some of the arguments on this forum tend to proceed to an irrational extent.
    anon2100101 and chiefbroski like this.
    08-17-11 10:21 PM
    My bb is better than your bb(sticks tongue out).take that lol.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-11 12:05 AM
    My bb is better than your bb(sticks tongue out).take that lol.

that's a lie, my bb is the best
    08-18-11 03:32 AM
    It's called the "mine is bigger" syndrome!

08-18-11 08:47 AM
    but mine really is bigger. its an ethnic thang
    08-18-11 09:51 AM
    White people invented that "ethnic thang" rumor. One day a white guy said "you know what? Black guys have tremendous d***s but I don't believe it"

Please no racial tension needed, for reference to my above comment, please also see "Eddie Murphy: Delirious" to understand what I meant...

09-07-11 09:00 PM

Consumer Fanboys Confuse Brand Identity With Their Own

Click on the link at the top for the rest of the article.

This to an extent does help explain why some of the arguments on this forum tend to proceed to an irrational extent.
    Bulls..t! I�m really (really really!) rational, unemotional and do never exaggerate (never, NEVER, NEEEEVER...! ...NEVER!), but BlackBerry IS God�s device and he pukes the hole day about iPhone (Cross my heart: who wants to use a brand with an pitted-pipfruit-logo and a phone which looks like a piece of soap?!). Beside this my BlackBerry works in another way: it makes me so outstanding cool and confident, that I couls save a lot of money every month... I need no blue pills anymore for "other performances"... (BTW- BlackBerry assists in this context also the rising damp... towards...)

So you have to note that my view to BlackBerry is really, really factual and self-reflexive...

09-09-11 03:55 AM
    Bulls..t! I�m really (really really!) rational, unemotional and do never exaggerate (never, NEVER, NEEEEVER...! ...NEVER!), but BlackBerry IS God�s device and he pukes the hole day about iPhone (Cross my heart: who wants to use a brand with an pitted-pipfruit-logo and a phone which looks like a piece of soap?!). Beside this my BlackBerry works in another way: it makes me so outstanding cool and confident, that I couls save a lot of money every month... I need no blue pills anymore for "other performances"... (BTW- BlackBerry assists in this context also the rising damp... towards...)

So you have to note that my view to BlackBerry is really, really factual and self-reflexive...

Remember the apple was the devils tool to corrupt Adam and Eve.
    anon2100101 likes this.
    09-10-11 06:58 PM
    People let their ego's run their lives. Wars are fought over ego's regarding religious hatreds. Geezus..Our country had it's credit rating downgraded by egotistical !d!ots in congress who basically said "my way or the highway". I find it interesting how so many get their almighty ego bruised by someone claiming to think another device is better and your device sucks. I think the new 99xx/98xx BB's are pretty disappointing. My opinion only. Maybe I should go over to those forums and bruise some !d!ot ego's.
    09-12-11 07:11 PM
    People let their ego's run their lives. Wars are fought over ego's regarding religious hatreds. Geezus..Our country had it's credit rating downgraded by egotistical !d!ots in congress who basically said "my way or the highway". I find it interesting how so many get their almighty ego bruised by someone claiming to think another device is better and your device sucks. I think the new 99xx/98xx BB's are pretty disappointing. My opinion only. Maybe I should go over to those forums and bruise some !d!ot ego's.
    You got it right Jim. It's only human nature to want to think we are smart and have the best and know more than others. If someone disagrees with us it's a hit to the self-esteem and ego.

I'm still using my 9650 and it's the greatest device ever , please don't say anything and bruise my ego.
    09-12-11 10:44 PM
    I'm still using my 9650 and it's the greatest device ever , please don't say anything and bruise my ego.
    Never! That is the most excellent BB to come down the pike in a long, long time. And it still floats a lot of boats. It served me well. I'm not surprised your still using it. It's better than the new ones in my opinion. Did you read that post in the 9850 thread, "I love this thing, feels so good in my hand, best device ever, just wish the browser and email worked".
    09-13-11 12:52 AM
    Never! That is the most excellent BB to come down the pike in a long, long time. And it still floats a lot of boats. It served me well. I'm not surprised your still using it. It's better than the new ones in my opinion. Did you read that post in the 9850 thread, "I love this thing, feels so good in my hand, best device ever, just wish the browser and email worked".
    That's crazy to love a device just on the feel. No browser, no email...no go for me. I don't care how good it "feels".
    09-13-11 12:13 PM
    That's crazy to love a device just on the feel. No browser, no email...no go for me. I don't care how good it "feels".
    The folks in the 9850 forum are certainly entitled to their opinions as we all are. I just find it interesting how the new torch seems to have so many issues, not unlike the 99xx series, but I'm digressing. One out of several of the torch's big problems seems to be the hardware buttons cease to function. One guy had just bought 4 for his business to use and all were the same. For someone trying to decide(like me) as to whether to go for one of these, it becomes a huge WTF! Why would I want that kind of aggravation? Then you have on the other hand the one's who are having a "great" experience once they fixed it by upgrading the os before it could be used. Another huge WTF, from me wondering if I want to go there. No thanks. To much trouble/hassle. I'm getting to the point where I just want it to work out of the box. Guess I'm weird. geez,, it's $500 bucks after all.
    09-13-11 01:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD