I came home to pick up something I forgot and turned on the news and saw
    that Paul Newman passed away.

One of the greatest actors of my time (IMO) a great philanthropist and
    truly a gentleman. Such a loss.
    09-27-08 09:35 AM
    Man! Another great one gone. RIP Paul...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-27-08 09:38 AM
    Wow that is unbelieveable, he will be missed
    09-27-08 09:41 AM
    Statement from the team regarding the passing of Paul Newman:

“On behalf of Newman/Haas/Lanigan Racing, my wife Bernadette and myself, I want to express our most sincere condolences to Joanne and the entire Newman family on the loss of a great human being. Paul and I have been partners for 26 years and I have come to know his passion, humor and above all, his generosity. Not just economic generosity, but generosity of spirit. His support of the team’s drivers, crew and the racing industry is legendary. His pure joy at winning a pole position or winning a race exemplified the spirit he brought to his life and to all those that knew him. We will truly miss him.”

- Carl A. Haas, co-owner of Newman/Haas/Lanigan Racing

"We truly lost a great man. Most of us knew him as Butch or Fast Eddie from the theater or from our living rooms at home. He was much more than a great actor. His legacy will be his five children, his wife, Joanne and all the sick children around the world who desperately needed his help. Paul was a man of character who cared about the world and the people who lived in it. Putting a smile on a young person’s face and helping people in need was a virtue he excelled at. Little did anyone realize a child born of such humble beginnings could affect our lives in so many positive ways. We should all learn to live by his example. We will miss him dearly but will never forget him."

- Michael Lanigan, co-owner of Newman/Haas/Lanigan Racing
    09-27-08 09:44 AM
    sad to see him go ...
    gone but not forgotten
    09-27-08 10:41 AM
    "Says here you was arrested for breaking heads pahking meta's. Don't make sense boy"

He will be missed.
    09-27-08 11:09 AM
    One of the tue greats of modern cinema. He will be sorely missed.

"The drop will probably kill ya."
    09-27-08 11:21 AM
    "Why would I go out for a hamburger, when I have steak at home".

...in reference to how the married Newman said he felt about sex icons/symbols feeling they can get away with adultery just because of the label placed on them.

Way back when, I didn't even know who the guy was until I saw his 'Newman's Own' brand of dressing. After asking/finding out who he was; I realized he was a stand-up guy...especially taking into account he was a hollywood figure who are more often than not individualistic creatures (which says a lot about Paul).
    09-27-08 11:33 AM
    Rest in peace Paul N

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-27-08 11:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD