J.D. Power: iPhone tops in customer satisfaction

Why would they do that, they are a research company used by top companies to get analysis on consumer buying demographics, etc. I doubt these companies would be using them if they were doing their surveys like that. The JD Power survey with business people also had the iphone on top, I guess they were also biased.

So I guess both surveys were biased. I mean in both surveys they asked more blackberry users than iphone users, therefore it's biased, LOL.
    Ok I'm not sure if you fully read the artical you posted but if JD Power wanted to be fair with their survey they would have gotten more than 4293 people to do their survey. Cause I doubt that they would have surveyed 429.3 owners of each of the 10 phones they have on that survey. And why didn't they post the exact niumbers of each demograph that responded? Why do a survey that ends with an odd number? Why do their survey on an apple forum? And why was the question that they originaly asked: "Would you trade your iphone for a Palm Pre?" Then ask: "what smartphone do you own? Are you satisfied with it? Yes or no?"

Why? Cause apple wanted to know if the palm pre was going to hurt their market or not.

The survey you posted honestly was irrelevent since JD Power, even though they are an independent survey company, was contracted by Apple to verify wether or not they would loose sales. And anyone who has taken a marketing class (atleast) can tell you that surveys can be manipulated to say what your client wants to hear even if its incorrect.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-10-09 06:48 AM
    Ok I'm not sure if you fully read the artical you posted but if JD Power wanted to be fair with their survey they would have gotten more than 4293 people to do their survey. Cause I doubt that they would have surveyed 429.3 owners of each of the 10 phones they have on that survey. And why didn't they post the exact niumbers of each demograph that responded? Why do a survey that ends with an odd number? Why do their survey on an apple forum? And why was the question that they originaly asked: "Would you trade your iphone for a Palm Pre?" Then ask: "what smartphone do you own? Are you satisfied with it? Yes or no?"

Why? Cause apple wanted to know if the palm pre was going to hurt their market or not.

The survey you posted honestly was irrelevent since JD Power, even though they are an independent survey company, was contracted by Apple to verify wether or not they would loose sales. And anyone who has taken a marketing class (atleast) can tell you that surveys can be manipulated to say what your client wants to hear even if its incorrect.

Please show me where it states JD Power were contracted by Apple.
    04-10-09 09:46 AM
    Isn't it odviouse who did the contracting? On the format that the questioner was made? And where the survey was taken and what the original question was?

And if you look at JDPower's website, you won't find that particular survey in their press releases. Which makes me now ask if it was even made... The last press release regarding mobile phones shows Alltell as the company with highest customer satisfaction regarding service providers and Sonny Erricson as the highest in customer satisfaction and that was dated Nov. 2008.

Now I'm wondering where did that site that you postrd get their information from?

04-10-09 12:33 PM
    Isn't it odviouse who did the contracting? On the format that the questioner was made? And where the survey was taken and what the original question was?

And if you look at JDPower's website, you won't find that particular survey in their press releases. Which makes me now ask if it was even made... The last press release regarding mobile phones shows Alltell as the company with highest customer satisfaction regarding service providers and Sonny Erricson as the highest in customer satisfaction and that was dated Nov. 2008.

Now I'm wondering where did that site that you postrd get their information from?

2008 Business Wireless Smartphone Customer Satisfaction Study | J.D. Power and Associates
    04-10-09 02:13 PM
    Thank you, and yet just a few days later on Nov 13 2008 they posted this and this wich indicates that not only is the Sony Erricson the best selling mobile phone but has the highest customer satisfaction rating for "the third consecutive time".

So now if the iphone in November 8 2008 was the highest customer satisfing phone on the market. How could they say that the Erricson was that same thing 3 time in a row? What did they take 3 more polls in 5 days?
    Last edited by Yokomohoyo; 04-11-09 at 06:21 AM.
    04-11-09 06:18 AM
    Thank you, and yet just a few days later on Nov 13 2008 they posted this and this wich indicates that not only is the Sony Erricson the best selling mobile phone but has the highest customer satisfaction rating for "the third consecutive time".

So now if the iphone in November 8 2008 was the highest customer satisfing phone on the market. How could they say that the Erricson was that same thing 3 time in a row? What did they take 3 more polls in 5 days?
    First those aren't smartphones, just regular everyday phones and the iphone study is comparing satisfaction amongst business users, notice that iphone and blackberry aren't present amongst the study you posted, I wonder why.
    04-11-09 06:47 AM

The iPhone is for smartphones. The ones you posted were for regular phones.
    04-11-09 11:30 AM
    First those aren't smartphones, just regular everyday phones and the iphone study is comparing satisfaction amongst business users, notice that iphone and blackberry aren't present amongst the study you posted, I wonder why.
    LOL. I had that ready prior to falling asleep again.
    04-11-09 11:31 AM
    So you mean all this time RIM who has been making phones all these years has only sold 50 million, while Apple in less than 2 years has sold 17 million iphones, who would have known.
    Apple targeted the iphone at as big a demographic as it could from day one.

RIM started out with a much smaller demographic target, but has been expanding it over time.

The iphone had Apples billions to start, support and market it.

RIM started with a fraction of that.

04-11-09 01:57 PM
    Very impressive !!!!! Way to go RIM

04-12-09 01:09 AM
    Apple targeted the iphone at as big a demographic as it could from day one.

RIM started out with a much smaller demographic target, but has been expanding it over time.

The iphone had Apples billions to start, support and market it.

RIM started with a fraction of that.

LOL at the excuses being given. When Apple first started with the iphone, they had it only 1 market in the United States with an expensive price tag, then they started lowering the price and allowing it in more markets. They are still continually expanding so your point is irrelevant.
    04-12-09 02:04 PM
    Most of this thread is irrelevant actually. Who gives a stuff about Apple, they released a product, people bought it, good on them.

This thread is about RIM's glory in selling 50million devices, why should we argue this?
    04-12-09 09:53 PM
    LOL at the excuses being given. When Apple first started with the iphone, they had it only 1 market in the United States with an expensive price tag, then they started lowering the price and allowing it in more markets. They are still continually expanding so your point is irrelevant.
    Excuses? Okay, first, don't try to drag me in to the iphone vs. Blackberry tribal debate. I don't give a rats a** what device you or anyone else uses. I was only pointing out that apple and rim used two different strategies to get where they are today because their starting points were different. Apple has done well with the iphone in 2 years because: a. They had the money of the mac and ipod behind them.
    B. They had brand recognition/loyalty because of mac and ipod.
    C. Their target market has a high percentage of disposable income versus fixed costs.
    D. The "only one market" they launched in was the USA, which if not still the largest consumer market in the world, is in the top three.

P.S. Top of the line blackberrys aren't cheap either.

04-12-09 10:37 PM
    no comparison btw iPhone and BB.....simple
    04-13-09 04:37 AM
    Wow, 50 million. That's why you see everyone carrying a BB. I never see anyone with an iPhone but maybe that's just Toronto.
    04-13-09 12:31 PM
    My 7290 worked first time and still does.
    My 8100 worked first time and still does.
    My 8310 worked first time and still does.
    My 8000 worked first time and still does.

What are you talking about?

The OS is under continuous development. I think that it is credit to RIM that they are able to service so many carrier requests for so many phone models in all those languages so frequenty

What are you talking about?
    The scale of their software development is perhaps not as great as you have imagined.

Being based on Java means that 99% of the code is written and maintained for them by Sun Microsystems.

Furthermore, the carriers contribute some of the time consuming modifications. Despite this, RIM have not explicitly released an official update for my Vodafone 8707V since OS4.1 or OS4.2 (I forgot which) and where is my update??

Returning to the topic, I bought one of those 50 million phones and it's my claim to fame! :P

Last edited by flop; 04-13-09 at 01:00 PM.
    04-13-09 12:56 PM
    Why is the low-resolution digital HCI iPhone compared to high-resolution analogue-HCI BlackBerrys with physical feedback?

The products are as different as chalk and cheese.

If you don't know what I'm talking about: I am emphasising the keyboard buttons. Ironically, it was Apple that originally identified the pressing need to provide physical and audible clicks as part of prolonged human computer interaction. If the iPhone doesn't have it then Apple are implying that their device is a toy for occational use, rather than a workhorse of mobile communications!

04-13-09 01:10 PM
    Yay go RIM! I bought 2 of those devices.....lol.
    And just to cut in for a second....
    Comparing the iPhone to a Blackberry is like comparing Apples to Oranges.
    In case you guys who are bickering aren't aware, this is a Blackberry forum, and there are lots of people who are loyal to RIM (Myself included)....
    Let's get back to the original topic at hand of RIM selling 50 Million devices....not APPLE selling 17 Million iPhones.
    If I wanted to read about those, I would've joined an iPhone forum

04-13-09 07:19 PM
    Most of this thread is irrelevant actually. Who gives a stuff about Apple, they released a product, people bought it, good on them.

This thread is about RIM's glory in selling 50million devices, why should we argue this?
    Ask the person who decided to bring up Apple.
    04-15-09 07:00 PM
    Wow, 50 million. That's why you see everyone carrying a BB. I never see anyone with an iPhone but maybe that's just Toronto.
    You must not go out much in Toronto.
    04-15-09 07:01 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD