where are all the trolls now the once that say rim is going down watch for apple and my personal fav android rim did you see that 3q wow!
    12-17-09 04:46 PM
    RIM & BlackBerry Rule!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-17-09 06:18 PM
    Word Go RIM!!!
    12-17-09 06:25 PM
    Tried iPhone 3 days... Hate it can't multitask , if I needed a toy I would buy a iPod Touch...

Tried HTC with WM as a demo line for the job... Hate it, too much unstable...

Tried HTC with Android(also as a demo line)... Very cool, but not useful if you dont use Google services. Work very well, but ONLY if you use google...

The only real thing is Berry

Canada Power!
    12-17-09 06:30 PM
    I wonder where all the fanboi's are talking about the imminent failure of Rim?...absolutely blowout qtr. and outlook...boooyahhh
    12-17-09 06:36 PM
    Lol, I keep checking back to the thread looking for some action, sadly non, although I am truly happy about the good RIM news!

12-17-09 07:03 PM
    Funny...I wanted to post a thread like this but I guess I got beat to it. I think we all knew this Android fad was not really gonna affect RIM as much as some clamored it would. Now we have the proof! LOL. Android gonna make RIM buckle.. LOL Yeah right! LOL
    12-17-09 07:07 PM
    Jim Goldman lays it out pretty well => RIM Soars, Stuns the Street - CNBC
    12-17-09 07:10 PM
    Way to go RIM! Just goes to show how dumb some people can be thinking Apple and Google android are going to hurt RIM not gonna happen!
    12-17-09 07:22 PM
    Always thought the analysts were smoking crack the one day they decided to change their minds and get wary about RIMs outcast a while back...
    12-17-09 07:25 PM
    lol. Good thread. About 20% of all my posts on crackberry are rebuttals to the "RIM-is-going-down-if-they-don't-get-their-act-together" crowd, not necessarily fanbois/gurls, but those who blow their complaints out of proportion and make it seem like RIM's shortcomings are the rule rather than the exceptin. Btw, RIM is still holding strong in overall smartphone sales! ComScore: iPhone overtakes Windows Mobile use for the first time in US -- Engadget
    12-17-09 07:26 PM
    lol. Good thread. About 20% of all my posts on crackberry are rebuttals to the "RIM-is-going-down-if-they-don't-get-their-act-together" crowd, not necessarily fanbois/gurls, but those who blow their complaints out of proportion and make it seem like RIM's shortcomings are the rule rather than the exceptin. Btw, RIM is still holding strong in overall smartphone sales! ComScore: iPhone overtakes Windows Mobile use for the first time in US -- Engadget
    Funny thing is most of the financial analysts sounded just like that...
    12-17-09 07:31 PM
    WAY TO GO RIM! Rim has nothing to be scared of!
    12-17-09 07:57 PM
    its funny the way they made rim sound like they where going bankcrupt. did any one see palms earnings lol! what a joke !
    12-17-09 08:03 PM
    Way to go RIM! Just goes to show how dumb some people can be thinking Apple and Google android are going to hurt RIM not gonna happen!
    Haha! RIM will never be hurt by any cell manufacturer

12-17-09 09:13 PM
    I will have a blackberry til I die!!!!!

12-17-09 09:22 PM
    Dang, this is insane. Wait 'till my iPhone friends hear this.
    12-17-09 09:51 PM
    I think everyone is singing an early victory, results take time and are not immediate. RIM is not going down unless someone comes up with a better security structure than RIM but they will lose market share. Companies rise and have low points and when you count them out they manage to pull themselves out of the gutter. I think RIM will go through some downtime over the next year or two but they will remain, we simply need to accept it and quit acting like this is never going to happen.
    12-17-09 11:01 PM
    I will have a blackberry til I die!!!!!

Or until your contract expires
    12-17-09 11:02 PM
    RIM had a very successful quarter but to say that they will never have anything to worry about is ignorant...competition will always be there and they will need to continue to perform well to keep their place at the top...any lapses or stagnant thinking in the way they develop their hardware and OS and they will surely fail

12-17-09 11:02 PM
    This is good to hear. Rim is still the top dog in the neighborhood.

12-17-09 11:45 PM
    the thing that always intrigued me and also convinced me to have BB for the last 3 years was i have friend who have been happy with his BB for years its got to be 5 or 6 years old and on the other hand i have a friend with a iphone and a friend with treo windows phone and both are bored to death with there phones and there both cool phones but only a year or so old come on whats wrong with picture lol
    12-18-09 12:00 AM
    no one is saying rim has nothing to worry about in business you always have to be on your toes there at are to many people tryn to knock you down its about time we start telling android,palm,apple and nokia to watch out for rim
    12-18-09 04:30 AM
    These "analyst" obviously don't know what they are doing. They keep underestimating the attractiveness of Blackberries. They keep over thinking the smart phone market. I think user friendly-ness of an actual physical keyboard and the trackball/ trackpad its what triumphs over everything. They keep coming out with new touch screen technology, like Swype the new one, but nothing beats the keyboard and trackball/ trackpad. Even RIM is guilty of this with the Storm.

Now, if and when RIM comes out with a new better processor and and OS. Forget it. Game Over.
    12-18-09 08:04 AM
    Okay, I'll bite. I think you guys are flat out smoking crack if you think Google isn't going to take a piece of RIM's consumer marketshare. I LOVE RIM, and I love my Blackberry. After using every other platform on the market, I think I can safely say that I'll be using Blackberries until the day I die.

That being said, both RIM and Apple are facing some very serious competition from Google. And what you have to understand about Google, is that they have the money and the clout to bully their way into almost any venture. RIM's third quarter numbers were hot, but Verizon and Sprint's Android phones didn't come out until the end of the quarter. And there are still American carriers that aren't yet selling any Android phones at all.

I think you'll see the impact of Google on RIM's numbers over the next 4 quarters. Luckily, I think RIM is doing a good job of staying ahead of the competition by working hard at pushing out better phones and continually improving the OS and application infrastructure; although, I still don't think that many of RIM upper management really understand the threat. If you ask me, I think Apple stands to get hit the hardest by Android. Apple's single phone, single US carrier, locked down OS, and virtually nonexistent room for personalization of its device leave it very exposed to a company like Google which has the ability and cash to step in and simply do what Apple does but do it better.

RIM still dominates the physical QWERTY smartphone market, and it doesn't look as if Apple or Google are in the least bit interested in trying to challenge them on that front.

Bravo, RIM. Keep up the good work! But let's not pretend that RIM has nothing to fear.

Last edited by Dsmithjr; 12-18-09 at 09:27 AM.
    12-18-09 08:58 AM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD