Except for the screen it looks completely new! I love the feeling. Highly recommended for everyone.
    04-07-11 06:06 AM
    can you post pictures? also -where did you get the parts? are they OEM?
    04-07-11 10:21 AM
    can you post pictures? also -where did you get the parts? are they OEM?
    I tried to take some with my webcam but the pictures were too unclear. I bought the housing on ebay for 40 bucks. It's OEM and has the Verizon logo on it, and yes, it's completely new and shiny.
    JMountainDew likes this.
    04-07-11 05:48 PM
    Is it black, or a different color? I just went around, In Toronto looking for someone with a housing unit for the 9650 in white. No luck
    04-07-11 06:14 PM
    Is it black, or a different color? I just went around, In Toronto looking for someone with a housing unit for the 9650 in white. No luck
    It was black. I have only seen one non-black 9650 housing before, but it had skulls on it.
    04-07-11 06:46 PM
    God a blue BB would be flippin sweet.
    04-07-11 08:43 PM
    Faceplate | Housing | Repair parts | Accessories | Mobile parts - Cellular Accessories | Mobile & Truesupplier - Blackberry Accessories,iPhone Accessories & HTC Accessories wholesale Co. have a different assortment of white parts for the 9650. I ordered the keyboard and silver bezel with white speaker cover, and everything went on fine. I ordered a white battery door, but that doesn't fit properly. If you do order just keep in mind they ship from Hong Kong, and with normal shipping can take a little under a month to actually receive the parts.

This is what it looks like (haven't found a white carrier bottom piece yet)

Last edited by justin.clements; 04-07-11 at 10:37 PM. Reason: add shipping info
    jshrz likes this.
    04-07-11 10:36 PM
    God a blue BB would be flippin sweet.
    I agree, blue would be really sweet. Had an Innocase around my 9650 when I first got it, which left some ugly scratches on the top front housing on either side of the BB logo. Some sort of grit must've gotten in. Anyway, just took a look on Ebay and made the same purchase Norli did. Can't wait til it arrives so that I can make the switch as well.

So thanks for posting, Norli!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by JMountainDew; 04-07-11 at 11:11 PM.
    04-07-11 11:07 PM
    @justin - how is the keyboard? i've tried a few of these 3rd party parts from the same site for my old tour and the keyboard was defintiely not as solid as the OEM keyboard.

EDIT: just checked out the sites. seems these parts are all OEM? is that right justin?
    Last edited by bik2101; 04-07-11 at 11:17 PM.
    04-07-11 11:11 PM
    Faceplate | Housing | Repair parts | Accessories | Mobile parts - Cellular Accessories | Mobile & Truesupplier - Blackberry Accessories,iPhone Accessories & HTC Accessories wholesale Co. have a different assortment of white parts for the 9650. I ordered the keyboard and silver bezel with white speaker cover, and everything went on fine. I ordered a white battery door, but that doesn't fit properly. If you do order just keep in mind they ship from Hong Kong, and with normal shipping can take a little under a month to actually receive the parts.

How hard is installation?
    04-08-11 12:20 AM
    Except for the screen it looks completely new! I love the feeling. Highly recommended for everyone.
    Could you tell us a little more about your experience? Run into any difficulties?
    04-08-11 01:16 AM
    Could you tell us a little more about your experience? Run into any difficulties?
    No. No difficulties so far. It shouldn't take more than 10 minutes to replace the housing and it feels completely new now. The only thing that bothers me a little is that the keyboard feels a little cheaper than the one I had before.
    04-08-11 06:49 AM
    No. No difficulties so far. It shouldn't take more than 10 minutes to replace the housing and it feels completely new now. The only thing that bothers me a little is that the keyboard feels a little cheaper than the one I had before.
    Did you replace both the front plate (w/ bezel) and backplate?

If so, did you have to switch the top buttons over?
    04-08-11 11:28 AM
    You mention that you replaced the Housing but in your last post you mention that the keyboard does not feel as good as OEM so what did you actually replace since you bought this and to quote you from yesterdays post that you got in arguments with everyone you also ordered a 9700 from ebay.

You said you hated BBs pricing and other things but bought 2 off ebay, I just don't get where you are coming from??
    04-08-11 02:14 PM
    Did you replace both the front plate (w/ bezel) and backplate?

If so, did you have to switch the top buttons over?
    I replaced everything. Including the top keys. It took me less than 10 minutes, and it's just like changing the housing of a 9630. Very easy.
    04-08-11 03:09 PM
    You mention that you replaced the Housing but in your last post you mention that the keyboard does not feel as good as OEM so what did you actually replace since you bought this and to quote you from yesterdays post that you got in arguments with everyone you also ordered a 9700 from ebay.

You said you hated BBs pricing and other things but bought 2 off ebay, I just don't get where you are coming from??
    On Ebay there's a dude that sells the complete housing, front cover, back cover, bezel, keyboard, top keys - the whole package for 40.98.

While the keyboard doesn't feel as good as my other one, it does look better and the painting is far nicer.

I am on my 3rd Blackberry and the 4th is coming soon. I have bought all used on Ebay because I can't afford a new one, and especially not here.
    04-08-11 03:13 PM
    Looks awesome man. Wish there were OEM colored parts, I'm not sure how I feel about knock-offs. I bought a knockoff black housing for my 8330 and the sun turned it purple.
    04-08-11 03:21 PM
    @justin.clements

That black and white looks pretty damn sharp IMO, might look into doing the same in the near future, thanks for posting the pic.
    04-08-11 03:24 PM

Damn, looks awesome!
    04-08-11 07:06 PM
    Here's a couple of pics I took with my webcam of the 9650 with a new housing...
    Two first ones are high resolution...

Bildr.no

Bildr.no

These one's are 640x480 resolution but they look better than the high resolution ones...

Bildr.no

Bildr.no

Bildr.no
    04-09-11 07:53 AM
    Your new housing looks good.

I want to replace my front bezel but from watching the youtube video, replacing those little buttons on top seem like a pain. They are small and glued down and I feel like I might break them when I try ripping off the buttons and moving them over. But that's the only part I don't like.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-09-11 12:15 PM
    Getting those buttons off isn't really too tough. For me though, what I didn't like is putting the speaker cover back on - I could never get it to go back on flush and flat with the phone like it originally was.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    04-09-11 12:42 PM
    Getting those buttons off isn't really too tough. For me though, what I didn't like is putting the speaker cover back on - I could never get it to go back on flush and flat with the phone like it originally was.

That's assuming that you're replacing the back plate and you have to move over the speaker and flash?
    04-09-11 02:32 PM
    ===== QUOTE bik2101 ====

===== /QUOTE ====

That's assuming that you're replacing the back plate and you have to move over the speaker and flash?
    Sorry - when I said speaker cover I meant the on the front - the piece with the mute and lock buttons

04-09-11 03:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD