Have any of you used redbox?

I rented a movie last night using redbox, and I'm quite impressed. The movie selections are pretty current so I'm a huge fan!

Your first rental is free if you subscribe to the mailing list. Also, there's an option to receive text alerts and then you're set for a free one-night DVD rental every Monday in May.

Pretty rad.
    Last edited by cate; 05-01-08 at 07:27 AM.
    05-01-08 07:25 AM
    Thanks for the link, Cate!

There's one very close to me, and never heard of it.
    My previous rental place closed up - perfect timing.
    05-01-08 08:04 AM
    i use it all the time its pretty great, makes renting movies easier
    05-01-08 02:11 PM
    yo i jus go to safeway and they have em in the store a movie rental is like a dollar good stuff easy in an out. but we dont call em a redbox there called some other wack ish. DVD KIOSK OR SUMTHIN watever its a smart thing there shuttin down blockbuster and all them other movie shops.
    05-01-08 11:46 PM
    I just use Netflix. I order online, I get one and a half day turn around. If I am juggling 3 discs at all times, I am never dry for a flick.

On topic: So redbox is like at the store or something? Or are they trying to take Netflix out? Blockbuster online sucked and I haven't been in a real video store since I worked in one in the late 90s.
    05-02-08 10:56 AM
    So redbox is like at the store or something? Or are they trying to take Netflix out? Blockbuster online sucked and I haven't been in a real video store since I worked in one in the late 90s.
    It's like a combo deal - go online to rent it, go to the store and pick it up. pretty sweet, you're in and out.
    05-02-08 10:59 AM
    it's so sweet!

i just rented mr. magorium's wonder emporium, lol...

for the kids, of course!
    05-02-08 02:08 PM
    I just use Netflix. I order online, I get one and a half day turn around. If I am juggling 3 discs at all times, I am never dry for a flick.

On topic: So redbox is like at the store or something? Or are they trying to take Netflix out? Blockbuster online sucked and I haven't been in a real video store since I worked in one in the late 90s.
    I use Netflix too and love it! They have a great turn around time, and I just drop them in the mailbox when I'm done.
    05-02-08 02:28 PM
    Sometime, I get the stuff the next day. It is that good.
    05-02-08 03:32 PM
    I love Redbox.....Charlotte has them at all of the Harris Teetors. It's just a buck. Rent online or at the machine. Drop off at any location and not required to return to the original pickup loc, new releases on Tuesday just like Blockbuster, always due back the following day at 9pm no matter what time you rent it....it's great! Even when I run a couple days late returning it, the price only runs a $1 per day charge......still cheaper and quicker and more convenient than Blockbuster anyday.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-02-08 11:03 PM
    That's how much rental prices should be in the first place. Can't believe I had to pony up 6-9 bucks before for one movie at Blockbuster. Greedy s.o.b.s.

05-02-08 11:46 PM
    OMG I LOVE REDBOX...at first my friends were like mg u get the boot leg version: and they thought they were too good for it...but now everyone is just "i dont want to go out, lets just redbox it" lol...i recently got 27 dresses, i was thinking about renting cloverfield this morning...dude its seriously the best thing ever!!! the only bad thing is some ppl get on the kiosk when they dont even know what they want yet! ITS ANNOYING, but o well for a dollar and 8 cents, im down to wait...
    05-06-08 12:36 PM
    if you go to the redbox website they will email you a free rental(if you use more than one email address you can get more than one)
    05-06-08 04:55 PM
    Has anyone used the Redbox website to reserve a movie from the blackberry? I know i've done this in the past and it worked great. But somethings changed and now I cannot get the site to load. I've tried enabling/disabling many different browser settings but no luck. Is anyone else having the same problem??
    Thanks,
    JC
    06-22-08 10:03 AM
    Redbox pwns blockbuster. .99vs$4?

06-22-08 11:13 AM
    i love redbox! and i love that it is a $1 WHEN i remember to get it back the next day! hehe...i recommened it to everyone!!

i have been thinking of netflix but havent done it yet! everyone i know seems to love it...
    06-22-08 08:25 PM
    I love REDBOX too!! Its quick and easy its $1.00 and you can return it to any other redbox. VERY COOL!!!
    06-23-08 02:10 AM
    I love REDBOX too!! Its quick and easy its $1.00 and you can return it to any other redbox. VERY COOL!!!
    oh oh oh!! i didnt know that i could return it to another redbox!! that makes it even more ahmazing!!

thanks!!!!!!
    06-23-08 08:49 PM
    I have Netflix which takes care of most of my movie wants. New released seem to get held up quite often with Netflix, so that's where the three Redboxes in my town come in real handy. With Redbox's online rental feature, I was able to snag Inglorious Basterds, The Hangover, and District 9 without any headache.
    01-03-10 03:44 PM
    Redbox is what we used to call a woman's woo-hoo on a certain day of the month.
    01-03-10 05:27 PM
    You know, they have a apps for redbox now, you can browse what is available and reserve a movie from your phone, read about the movies, parental ratings, BUT it is not supported for Blackberry.

Go to http://www.change.org/petitions/redb...ckberry-phones and sign this petition so you to can get the same redbox experience that iPhone and Android users have, Thank You
    Last edited by JamesWolford; 03-02-12 at 10:08 AM.
    03-02-12 09:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD