So... I'm recovered.

The reason why... I hated the solution to most of my problems being "Battery Pull". Sorry RIM goodbye.
    02-28-10 04:30 AM
    So... I'm recovered.

The reason why... I hated the solution to most of my problems being "Battery Pull". Sorry RIM goodbye.
    You don't owe RIM anything. They should be apologizing to you!!
    02-28-10 04:33 AM
    From me to you (the OP)

Not going to point fingers, or say "you'll be back..." or anything. I sincerely hope that you find a device or solution that will meet your needs.

I personally do not need a blackberry (and financially cannot justify it at this time) but that does not mean I don't like them. you see, every single thing that is manufactured will have its own quirks.... from phones to cars to stereo systems to computers. To me, battery pull = blackberry quirk. not saying it shouldn't have been fixed long ago, but if I'm going to be a berry user, its going to be part of life. If you feel different, I'm ok with that. I'm not going to flame you to death for a difference of opinion.

But hey, to each their own right? Let us know what device you switch to, and what you really like or don't like about it. And good luck.
    02-28-10 09:07 AM
    From me to you (the OP)

Not going to point fingers, or say "you'll be back..." or anything. I sincerely hope that you find a device or solution that will meet your needs.

I personally do not need a blackberry (and financially cannot justify it at this time) but that does not mean I don't like them. you see, every single thing that is manufactured will have its own quirks.... from phones to cars to stereo systems to computers. To me, battery pull = blackberry quirk. not saying it shouldn't have been fixed long ago, but if I'm going to be a berry user, its going to be part of life. If you feel different, I'm ok with that. I'm not going to flame you to death for a difference of opinion.

But hey, to each their own right? Let us know what device you switch to, and what you really like or don't like about it. And good luck.
    Very well-said! No product is perfect and you will undoubtedly find issues with the next phone you choose, but if you're particularly sick of doing battery pulls then it's understandable that you'd move on. I hope you find one that you love!

The odd thing is, I had my 8330 for a year and maybe did 4 battery pulls the entire time. I know it's recommended to do at least once every month or so but I just never needed to. I didn't have any problems. I've also had a Pearl Flip and Tour that I've never had to do a battery pull on. Granted I've had them a lot less time, but still.... Three different BBs and hardly ever had to do a pull? I guess I've just been lucky. *knock on wood*
    02-28-10 03:41 PM
    is it so hard to do a battery pull?
    I'm using an otterbox so yes it is hard to take out the battery...
    But with software like 'quickpull'....
    02-28-10 08:31 PM
    Hey at least we have a battery to pull, and its a simple fix not requiring a tech.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-01-10 03:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD