Hey guys, I just wanted to get some thoughts and opinions on many states recent decision to cut education aid by the millions, billions in some cases.

Having graduated in 2002 with a Bachelors from a 4 yr college and speaking as an alumnus, I think it is absolutely reprehensible that costs for education are going up, while the quality of what students are getting is going down.

Why should students be expected to pay more money and go into deeper debt, while classes needed for their majors/minors are being canceled and in many cases cut altogether? In a recent article, I read that instead of taking the average 4 years to graduate it is now taking students 6 years. This means more loans to try and finish and ultimately more student debt.

It makes me sick to my stomach that the lawmakers in Washington bicker like kids in a sandbox while the nation suffers. The politicians seemed more concerned with petty personal agendas then standing together to combat this issue or any other. In my opinion, vote them all out come election time and get people in there who haven't "lost touch" with reality.
    03-04-10 12:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD