ok... this is gonna be a pure vent. rebates. does anyone remember the exact origin of the rebate. i'm old but yes, i do remember. the rebate scam started in the mid 70's as a gimmick to get you to buy something with the offer of giving you cash back after you bought the item. now.... i was a teenager in high school back then but i DO remember saying something like, " wa ? why not just take the amount of the rebate off the initial price ? duh me " well....as i later found out...the rebate is just an elaborate scam to get more money from you. there is an entire building full of rebate processors somewhere in el paso texas that do nothing all day but check all those rebates you though you filled out properly. the moment they find an error like oops, no email or ooops, not the upc from the side of the box but from the top of the box,(as what happened to me recently with a coors light rebate, i'm planning a quick roadtrip to el paso in august but thats another story)they can disallow the rebate and keep your money. which by the way, the rebate company gets a % of the actuall rebate so thats their incentive. why not stop wasting my time and your's big company and just forget about the rebate. its been almost 30 years now and most of us are totally on to you. stop, please. just tell me the price and i will pay it. the moment i smell rebate in the air, i get turned off and start looking at another item from a vender without a rebate. ok...thats about it....i know....this was way to long for a simple post and i'm sure i'll get edited. whatever... i'll give you a rebate. lol !
    07-08-09 08:05 PM
    I wasn't aware companies would use deceitful practices to increase profits...
    07-09-09 02:57 PM
    I wasn't aware companies would use deceitful practices to increase profits...
    oh yeah totally man. where have you been the last 30 years?
    07-09-09 03:04 PM
    Why would you think your post would get edited?

You didn't use any four letter words-
    07-09-09 03:22 PM
    Why would you think your post would get edited?

You didn't use any four letter words-

i see alot of 4 letter words. none of them are so called "bad words" tho.

back on topic-
    I never use those mail-in rebates anyway so i didn't know any of this.
    07-09-09 03:40 PM
    I hate that they send a little gift card.

Id rather get a check to use to pay of my bills.

Kinda defeats the purpose of the rebate to pay off the phone you just got.
    07-09-09 03:47 PM
    it seems pretty obvious to me a rebate is a scam. who would ask you to send in proof of purchase for an item and then send you a rebate instead of just slashing the price if they were honest?

nobody, thats who.

there just gathering info on people and surely making money in more way than one.
    07-09-09 03:51 PM
    you're right... i didn't swear like i normally do in a face to face convo with a co-worker or mahaps my b***ch wife or my potty mouthed teenage son. so no edit. ya, i'm new to CB and learned alot from the many many topics, had a pearl, traded that for a pre (crap) then argued my way back to a full refund and a re-instate of my original 2 yr upgrade status after talking to a regional vp and promising i would leave her family alone. but anyways..... i still hate rebates and yes, the ones that come back as visa debit cards make me nuts cause sahib at the hess station won't take it cause it dunt have my pic on it. ugh.
    07-09-09 07:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD