View Poll Results: What should happen to Storm's Rants & Raves Topic?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Leave it alone, it's fine.

6 42.86%
  • Take post counts away, but leave in Storm forums

7 50.00%
  • Move completely somewhere else (OT or rename it...)

1 7.14%
    Alright, I've admittedly posted in off-topic, derailed conversations in the Storm Rants and Raves threads ... My question, is should this be "moved" or reclassified so that it doesn't add to post count?

I've read a couple people talk about the fact that the post counts are much higher because of the "fighting" and attacking that happens there, so are these situations grounds to move it off topic?

I do understand the reasoning for it being in the Storm section, as the POSITIVELY BASED threads can actually be useful for someone trying to decide between the Storm and other BlackBerries or the iPhone.

Let's discuss ... Because that topic (and I know that "new" or not, I can speak for quite a few people) is getting a little out of control.
    Last edited by pi_admin; 03-31-09 at 11:56 AM.
    03-31-09 11:46 AM
    Let that horrid thread stay over there.

Off Topic doesn't need any more negativity.

Besides, rants and raves is Storm specific.

Therefore, not off topic.
    03-31-09 11:52 AM
    Let that horrid thread stay over there.

Off Topic doesn't need any more negativity.

Besides, rants and raves is Storm specific.

Therefore, not off topic.
    It's a rant & rave...nothing that adds value; just a place to complain / b & m - which is all the more reason it should be in off-topic.
    04-02-09 08:08 AM
    Leave that damn thread in the thunder section of the forums. opps I meant storm.

But seriously if it pointless b&m then maybe post count should be taken away!
    04-02-09 08:12 AM
    It's a rant & rave...nothing that adds value; just a place to complain / b & m - which is all the more reason it should be in off-topic.
    I don't agree.

The Rant's and Raves sub forum is Storm specific.

It's isolated from the normal body of topics so it's not intruding on anyone else not interested in ranting or raving.

If post count is taken away from the Rant and Raves Sub Forum, then post count should be removed from the Discussion, and Rumors Threads.

Endless speculation about RIMs next BlackBerry, or discussing text-driving surely shows no knowledge of BlackBerry's.

Besides, ranting/raving directly about the Storm is not nearly as off topic as Obama Politics and Video Gaming, which is what is found in the off topic boards.

If that were the case, then Rants/Raves about the Storm would be off topic, in the off topic section!

04-02-09 04:42 PM
    I agree Prada, all the way...
    04-02-09 04:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD