WARNING -- Pretty long read ahead.

I realize there's plenty of 'general' sites about it, but none that I've seen have let me somehow combine the various symbols, etc, in this particular dream. Meaning, I have to read up on each individual symbol/thing I remember from the dream. I really want a way to combine all the symbols in to one big interpretation...Hopefully this is making some sense, haha. OR, if anyone else knows about dream interpretation and would be kind enough to throw in your 2 cents, I'd greatly appreciate that as well!

This dream happened maybe 4 or 5 days ago. I rarely remember my dreams, especially several days after the fact, but for whatever reason, I've been thinking about this one even still.

I must stress that I don't remember a great deal of it, but here's what I DO remember:
    * I was in a car.
    * I was the only person in the car.
    * I was in the front passenger seat.
    * I had one hand gripping the side of the steering wheel to keep the car going straight and everything.
    * The car had just left from somewhere (don't remember where).
    * As the car was leaving, it passed a police car.
    * Being the only one in the car, and in the passenger seat, steering was difficult and I wasn't keeping the car completely straight the whole time.
    * I was very nervous about if the cop was gonna turn around and chase me and pull the car over.

And that's all I remember of it. Kinda weird, I think.
    01-20-09 12:11 AM
    ***Let me put a disclaimer on this first and foremost. It's only fair, being that you gave a disclaimer in your Opening Post Besides, I think Mines Longer

I've Been Sitting On This Topic A Bit- So Let Me Take A Wack At Your Dream, and Answer a Few of your questions.

Unfortunately, I don't know many good, nor credible websites that could possibly help you.

Heck I don't know many Books either-

Dreams, Dreamwalking, Dream Incubation, And All of It's Subdivisions are highly personal topics.

I don't buy into the whole "Car = X" Theory because to Me a Car may mean one thing, and to you a Car may mean a totally different thing.

Understand?

That's why I feel that Websites/Books aren't really helpful. (Unless we're looking at things from the perspective of archetypes. But That's a totally different beast of a topic.)

People Always Dream, Whether We Remember Them Or Not, and there is a Whole Set of Metaphysical Systems devoted to such disciplines.

The Average Person Has About Six Dreams A Night.

Why We Dream? Well No One Knows, It's a Mystery.

First Off, It's very important to be aware of your emotions throughout the dream.

Also, was your dream in Full Blown Color? Or Was it only shades of greys, Or Any Other Monochromatic Schemes?

**Remember, This is MY Interpretation.**

I was in a car. I was the only person in the car. I was in the front passenger seat. I had one hand gripping the side of the steering wheel to keep the car going straight and everything.

Subconsciously Maybe You Feel that your in a situation or position that your at a loss of control, but your still trying to coop or do your best at doing some form of "damage control" and fix the situation to the best of your abilities. Or Maybe Your Going in a Direction You Really Have No Say In.

The car had just left from somewhere (don't remember where). As the car was leaving, it passed a police car. Being the only one in the car, and in the passenger seat, steering was difficult and I wasn't keeping the car completely straight the whole time. I was very nervous about if the cop was gonna turn around and chase me and pull the car over.

Being that you were unaware of your starting Location, this only further emphasizes that the situation that you are in, you have no idea how you got yourself into it. (Do you Have a goal, but really haven't gotten around to it- or have you lost sight of that said goal?)

In reference to the cop: In your job, or Personal Life- Do you have a person that is constantly watching over you? Do you feel that they are like vultures, only waiting for you to mess up? Does this sense of "Paranoia" easily translate into your day to day life? In other words, are you constantly walking on "Egg Shells"? Are you performing your "duties" as well as you would like to, but still not performing them up to par as they should be performed?

~~~

Like I said- All of this is Highly Personal.

If I were you, I would breakdown this dream as you already have and sit down and really digest these little tidbits in your dream.
    I asked a bunch of questions, Answering them will help you.

But don't look to others interpretations to be the "The Be All and All" For Dream Interpretation.
    Last edited by xxxxpradaxxxx; 01-20-09 at 12:20 PM.
    01-20-09 11:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD