I am critically aware of a character flaw that I have exposed in these forums. We have one particularly prolific family member who tries so hard to be nice and I have been very mean to him.

Rootbrian always has something to say about any subject whatsoever. Instead of being impressed by the amazing efforts he has exerted in order to achieve over 3600 posts in less than 7 months (he's a friggin crackberry GENIUS!), I find myself let down upon encountering an apparently useless post in nearly every thread in this forum. I must be missing something here. After all, who am I to imagine a GENIUS to be brain-dead? How could anyone get tired of hearing the simple answers to life's pressing challenges?

Maybe if I just learned to follow his advice:

• take my crackberry to a kiosk or phone repair shop on a regular basis
    • call my carrier
    • downgrade to the previous stable OS 5 build
    • use a search function
    • try a battery pull
    • do as the earlier poster said
    • post my thread in the appropriate forum
    • don't do something that might void my warranty
    • and just be more agreeable in every respect

And why on earth don't the mods just immediately do whatever Brian instructs them to?

I make life too complicated, apparently. After all, did we not learn everything we need to know in kindergarten? Anyway, I'm sorry for criticizing Rootbrian's fluff and drivel.

I just can't help myself!
    Last edited by OhmEye; 11-30-10 at 07:01 AM. Reason: forgot to call my carrier
    11-30-10 06:03 AM
    Best part of this post is "Last edited by OhmEye; Today at 08:06 AM. Reason: forgot to call my carrier"
    OhmEye likes this.
    11-30-10 06:13 AM
    Your apology started well enough but the last sentence was really not too bright in all honesty.

Whilst it is true that Crackberry is open to all members of the family, Crackberry insists, in our Posting Rules and Guildlines that people behave and post in our forums in a mature and respectful manner.

If then you are unable to help yourself, I am absolutely certain taht the Moderatoin team will do that for you.

I am assuming that since you have a BlackBerry, you are older than 12 years old.
    11-30-10 06:28 AM
    Your apology started well enough but the last sentence was really not too bright in all honesty.
    Sarcastic is the operative term. I'm sincerely sorry, Pete, that I seem to have zero tolerance for the politically-correct and dumbing-down trends in our society today. I hope we can get back to the truth, pure-and-simple. And for me, personally, speaking it in love. I still have much room for growth in this area.
    11-30-10 06:35 AM
    It's all good. I believe that Brian already has me on his "ignore" list anyway. He's happy as a clam in his oblivion. Just the rest of us that have to suffer. . .
    11-30-10 06:38 AM
    Crackberry insists, in our Posting Rules and Guildlines that people behave and post in our forums in a mature and respectful manner...I am assuming that since you have a BlackBerry, you are older than 12 years old.
    I am 50 years old, Pete. I could ask that you remember your first fifty years and extend me a bit of that respect as well. It's been a fair accomplishment to hang in there for this long, I think.
    11-30-10 06:45 AM
    Whilst it is true that Crackberry is open to all members of the family, Crackberry insists, in our Posting Rules and Guildlines that people behave and post in our forums in a mature and respectful manner.
    However, if the person he speaks of had stuck to those ideals himself, there would be no need for such a thread.

Not saying 2 wrongs make a right.

I like RB, but I have (On more than one occasion) tried to let him know that he was building an almost ML like reputation.

I'm not going to dog him, nor defend this thread. But, in regards to the spirit and subject matter of the thread...... if the shoe fits, then it's a good one to wear on an @$$ kickin mission!
    Fubaz, kailashr, OhmEye and 1 others like this.
    11-30-10 07:04 AM
    Brian has helped a lot of people out on here, and I have never had any personal conversation with him. He always seems to be around and jumping in to threads to help pretty fast.

But i do kinda agree with the likes of OhMyEye and Wolfman, ive seen him post some redundant stuff in threads that the likes of 2 or 3 posters above have already stated.

I like RB, but I have (On more than one occasion) tried to let him know that he was building an almost ML like reputation.
    I had to LoL pretty hard at this this morning. I can see what you mean, i used to poke fun at RB because every post for a week was about voiding warranties, whether it pertained directly to the OP or was a possible solution.

As I stated above, I dont personally dont know RB, or have had any personal interaction with him. I dont hate him or dislike him. But decided to post here anyway.

I am treating this as more of a Roast of Rootbrian than an attack or hate thread.

DO IT FOR THE LOLS!!

I consider RB a good member of the community and none of us are perfect.
    OhmEye, kailashr and WolfmanRobby like this.
    11-30-10 07:19 AM
    OhmEye,

We don't interfere in public pissing matches, but we will when you cross the line.

Don't do it again.

If you have a problem, take it private with the user.

If you cant get a hold of him privately, pm me and I will get a hold of him for you, guaranteed.

But don't pull a stunt like this again.
    11-30-10 07:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD