Now I'm a pretty laid back girl but I must say EVERY single time I hear someone yakking away in public on their cell phone it drives me absolutely nuts!!! Whether most people want to realize it or not when you talk on a cell phone you speak way louder than on a home phone almost to the point of yelling, most people anyway. Its just plain inconsiderate. If u came to do business or purchase something in a public place DO IT!! That's what everyone else is there to do to. Nobody nobody nobody wants to hear how much you dislike the girl in your office, what you watched on TV last night, your business plans, or anything else like that, especially me!

I mean I'm not unreasonable. There are exceptions to this such as in cases of emergencies, places that are already loud like malls, etc. I think people who do this are just plain rude, want attention, or are just clueless. I always save phone conversations for my car or if it that important I step outside. People it all comes down to manners and etiquette!!

Ok END RANT, I just had to get some of that off my chest.

And yes it does take some of the annoyance away if that device that the offender is so rudely yakking away on so happens to be a BB : ) but not enough : /

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-22-08 03:28 PM
    You say loud places like the mall are fine so I'm just curious as to what places you think its rude to talk on the phone at?
    07-22-08 03:34 PM
    Banks which I happen to work @ and see this happen all day. Grocery stores, offices, any places that is not specifically a social environment. For example, IMO walking through the mall is ok but waiting in like to check out at say old navy in said mall is not.

07-22-08 03:43 PM
    The worst for me is if I am driving in my car with my friends, and they are on the phone the entire time... turning down the radio. Talking forever, that drives me insane!
    07-22-08 03:51 PM
    Lol yup I know exactly what u mean.

07-22-08 04:05 PM
    Nahhh u can't get mad for somebody shoppin and talkin on the phone it doesn't annoy me not that big of a deal at a bank nah never keep talkin maybe a short pick up or I jus text

I hav a restaurant and I hate it when customers keep blabbin off in there like a short convo is coo but they keep goin then they start yellin so I gotta tell em to keep it down or jus stop

07-22-08 04:47 PM
    I work EMS, its the worst when I pick up a patient and they are on their cell and they have the nerve to shush me when I try to get information from them....like why they needed an ambulance
    07-22-08 06:32 PM
    I used to work at a grocery store and I actually found it really funny when people would be talking on their cellphones, I would actually do my best to eavesdrop on their convos just because they were usually more interesting than stacking apples. Now I work in an office and I plug the ear with headphones so I don't have to listen to anyone!
    07-22-08 07:58 PM
    I work EMS, its the worst when I pick up a patient and they are on their cell and they have the nerve to shush me when I try to get information from them....like why they needed an ambulance
    Screw those guys. Just give them 400J and start drawing some blood

07-22-08 08:17 PM
    I think it more than a little bizarre to be in a stall at a public restroom, doing what God intended, and to suddenly hear a one-sided conversation emanating from the next stall.
    07-22-08 08:28 PM
    I think it more than a little bizarre to be in a stall at a public restroom, doing what God intended, and to suddenly hear a one-sided conversation emanating from the next stall.
    I'd rather listen to a convo than...you know...splashes.
    07-22-08 08:34 PM
    It doesn't bother me at all. Talk all the **** you want.

Just be careful what you talk about. Some things should not be discussed over the phone, mmkay?
    07-22-08 10:06 PM
    I work in a grocery store too. I usually dont mind if customers are talking on the phone as long they acknowledge that I'm trying to do my job. Not hold the line up while trying to get their crap together.
    07-22-08 11:32 PM
    It doesn't bother me at all. Talk all the **** you want.

Just be careful what you talk about. Some hings should not be discussed over the phone, mmkay?
    OMG!! I feel u on that I wuz on my yahoo msgr las nite & tha person I wuz talkn bout wuz getn tha convo as a txt msg. How?? IDK but I am tha type person that can repeat it twice wit no problem errthang still cool but I gotz 2 b mo careful!!
    07-29-08 01:12 PM
    I rarely talk in public on my cellphone. If it so important, go somewhere that the whole world does not have to hear what you are saying!
    07-29-08 01:16 PM
    I can't stand people that talk on the phone in public. I don't like talking on the phone very often, but when I must, I always do it in private. That even means if i'm at home, i'll step out of the room or go on my deck. I just find it rude when people talk on the phone in front of others.

Don't even get me started with the ******-canoes that always have their bluetooth shoved in their ear either. Must feel pretty badass looking like a Sprint phone operator.

And if you are on the phone in your car while on the road, you deserve to be smashed by a semi truck. Idiots.
    07-29-08 01:20 PM
    OMG!! I feel u on that I wuz on my yahoo msgr las nite & tha person I wuz talkn bout wuz getn tha convo as a txt msg. How?? IDK but I am tha type person that can repeat it twice wit no problem errthang still cool but I gotz 2 b mo careful!!
    Can somebody please translate this into English?

Thanks.
    07-29-08 01:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD