True my friend, very true

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-17-08 11:48 AM
    omg you're only 15! That explains a lot.
    I guess you did not read the beginning or just did not pay attention and jump on the bandwagon.
    10-17-08 11:50 AM
    I think it was a joke ms mari

10-17-08 11:51 AM
    I guess you did not read the beginning or just did not pay attention and jump on the bandwagon.
    Uh yeah. I read it all.

10-17-08 11:58 AM
    You know, my brothers and I weep at some of the comments posted on this thread. Although I firmly believe (and fought for) the right for an individual to express his/her point of view, it saddens me that there are people out there that think this country has it that bad. I'm not referring to the OP, but I've seen some comments here that makes my skin crawl.

Semper Fi
    10-17-08 11:58 AM

Semper Fi
    Amen

10-17-08 12:00 PM
    Vinnie,
    Thanks for your service. It's because of brave men and women like you that little mamby-pamby folks get to sit around and wine about silly stuff.

Hip,
    Rights and respect are not the same thing. While I Respect your right to believe whatever you believe. I don't respect your opinion.

Your latest few posts have illustrated what I said previously. You don't care "about" America becuase you don't know what it stands for or why you should. And as I said earlier:

I blame your parents.
    My 9yr. old could tell you today many of the things I've said here. He understands that America isn't perfect because "people" arent' perfect. But he also knows how fortunate he is to live here. He knows that people like Vinnie had to fight and die for that freedom.

Many people today only care what America can give them---but I am one citizen who understands what sacrifices have been made for us to live this free.
    I understand that there is freedom in many parts of the world "only" because Americans like you were willing to selflessly step forward.
    10-17-08 12:03 PM
    Respect stewdaddy, much respect for you...

10-17-08 12:11 PM
    Didn't yall know...its cool to be different.

Something tells me this kid paints his finger nails black because no one understands him.

10-17-08 04:36 PM
    Hipkak, the sacrifice of our fathers and fore fathers guaranteed your right to say or not say anything that you choose which, imo is the most basic reason why I myself will never choose to not recite the pledge with pride. With that said, no one has the right to force you to(we are not a dictatorship or communist country- another basic reason).
    I encourage you to always hold true to your convictions but do make sure that the reasons for those convictions are grounded in solid education and research.
    This is not meant in anyway to be an attack- as a father of a 16 year old son, I have to investigate and get as Paul Harvey says 'the rest of the story' because I am continually amazed at how his perspective leaves facts out of a sequence of events thus stacking a situation in which he feels wronged in his favor to validate his justification for feeling the way he may at the time.
    Good luck to you and God bless.

10-17-08 05:31 PM
    omg im so glad im canadian. And by the way Why are Americans so patriotic? We all know Canada is the greatest country in the whole word
    10-17-08 06:39 PM
    omg im so glad im canadian. And by the way Why are Americans so patriotic? We all know Canada is the greatest country in the whole word
    I love Canada. We'll have to defend you if there's a war, but on the other hand you guys gave us the BlackBerry so....................win/win, right?
    10-17-08 08:53 PM
    I love Canada. We'll have to defend you if there's a war, but on the other hand you guys gave us the BlackBerry so....................win/win, right?
    Bwthwahahahaha!!! Good one stewdaddy!!
    10-18-08 07:48 AM
    Just wanted to add that in highschool i did not want to say the pledge. i didn't make a big deal out of it. i'm an atheist and i don't agree with the under god line.

all i did was talk with the principal, who in turned bought in the guidance counsler, and there was a brief meeting. i just explained my view. i was told to just stay in my seat during the pledge. i did this all 4 years.

no big deal.

as a side, i have jury duty soon and i wonder if i'll have to swear on a bible. i really hate confrontation (right or wrong) so i am worried about this.
    10-18-08 11:11 AM
    I did the same as Chrisy. I just sat and it has nothing to do with not supporting or believing in my country.
    By the way, I don't think you have to use a bible anymore, just put up your hand and "swear."
    10-18-08 11:15 AM
165 ... 567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD