So I woke earlier today to see that I had a PIN message, the first one I have ever received. In it, it states that I just won a Honda Jazz car. I don't know how they would have gotten my pin as I haven't given it out randomly ever before and have only 4 trusted people on BBM, Kevin being one of them. So my question today is, Has anyone else received such a message also? I called BBRY tech to inquire about it and they have referred me to BBRY HQ. Calling there now and I will keep you all posted as to if I did actually win a brand new car or if it is a phishing scam.
    08-17-13 04:40 PM
    It's probably Kevin, he did say if Instagram doesn't come he'll buy someone a car.

Congratulations

Although that's been n gone now

Posted via CB10
    thatplaybookguy and 00stryder like this.
    08-17-13 04:45 PM
    It's probably Kevin, he did say if Instagram doesn't come he'll buy someone a car.

Congratulations

Although that's been n gone now

Posted via CB10
    Kevin was buying someone a R/C car. This is a new 2013 Honda Jazz.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    08-17-13 04:47 PM
    Hope it's true and you did win...fingers crossed.

Posted via CB10
    08-17-13 04:56 PM
    Have you messaged them back?
    Would be awesome if you've won just be weary of the scammers.

Posted via CB10
    thatplaybookguy likes this.
    08-17-13 04:58 PM
    Hope it's true and you did win...fingers crossed.

Posted via CB10
    Me too! It would be the most awesome thing to happen to me ever. the message was notarized and all.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    08-17-13 04:58 PM
    I hope it's not something like:
    http://www.pinoytechblog.com/archive...y-a-honda-jazz

But Google the pin message.

Beat of luck

Posted via CB10
    08-17-13 05:03 PM
    It's gotta be a scam!
    but I hope it's not!
    thatplaybookguy likes this.
    08-17-13 05:12 PM
    gonna send an email address that I am going to make now, that way if it is fake, I will be able to backtrack through any replies from them, get their address, work numbers, home phone etc. I used to be a white hat hacker in my younger days....
    Shanerredflag and jaydee5799 like this.
    08-17-13 05:15 PM
    It's gotta be a scam!
    but I hope it's not!
    I know the old saying, if its too good to be true it usually is, but the BBRY tech support person said that it indeed did come from someone at BBRY and as I said previous to get in touch with Waterloo.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    08-17-13 05:16 PM
    gonna send an email address that I am going to make now, that way if it is fake, I will be able to backtrack through any replies from them, get their address, work numbers, home phone etc. I used to be a white hat hacker in my younger days....
    wow!! Good thinking!!!!!!!!!!!
    I hope you do win one!
    08-17-13 07:15 PM
    You used to be a white hat hacker back in the day?

You can't differentiate from an actual message to a scam? Smh

I don't drink anymore........ or any less, double scotch please
    08-17-13 07:37 PM
    You used to be a white hat hacker back in the day?

You can't differentiate from an actual message to a scam? Smh

I don't drink anymore........ or any less, double scotch please
    when I contacted BBRY here in Canukia, they said it indeed came from someone at BBRY. so after hearing that from tech support it tends to lean more to factual But the call i will make to Thor this coming Monday should clear things up.
    Last edited by thatplaybookguy; 08-18-13 at 09:10 AM.
    08-18-13 08:18 AM
    It'll be cool come Monday and they say sorry the Honda Jazz was a mistake, you've in fact won the QNX powered Bentley showcased at BlackBerry Live, sorry to cause you any inconvenience please accept a full tank of fuel and insurance as compensation.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-13 03:21 PM
    It'll be cool come Monday and they say sorry the Honda Jazz was a mistake, you've in fact won the QNX powered Bentley showcased at BlackBerry Live, sorry to cause you any inconvenience please accept a full tank of fuel and insurance as compensation.

Posted via CB10
    Turned out to be fake.Oh well
    Last edited by thatplaybookguy; 08-22-13 at 10:31 AM.
    08-20-13 11:33 PM
    Turned out to be fake.Oh well
    That's a real shame, on another note, did Blackberry say anything else, considering had it been anyone else their security may of been compromised and in turn scammed.

I'd like to know what blackberry is doing to combat spam and fraud through their devices.
    08-21-13 03:15 AM
    Wow, that really sucks.
    But it would've been fun to flood their blackberry for the hell of it to teach them a lesson!

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold Touch 9900 using Tapatalk
    08-21-13 03:24 AM
    just got another pin message from them, I think they think they are going to spam me. well tracked them a bit over the weekend. have a domain and their whois info. Now I have their home address and phone numbers and personal email addresses. it does not pay to mess with me ever.
    08-22-13 06:16 AM
    just got another pin message from them, I think they think they are going to spam me. well tracked them a bit over the weekend. have a domain and their whois info. Now I have their home address and phone numbers and personal email addresses. it does not pay to mess with me ever.
    Now it's time to really mess with them. Send the police, alert the telecom provider and... Report the e-mail addresses for phishing after using them to write a confession and taking themselves in to the polce/authorities of their state/province/country/shire/town/village/city. Remember, the address could really be fake too. I would drop it in google or bing maps.Thought I should edit to make it more amusing.
    08-22-13 06:28 AM
    How about sharing that information so some of us here can have some fun over the weekend?

SILENCE!!! For I have spoken...
    08-22-13 06:59 AM
    How about sharing that information so some of us here can have some fun over the weekend?

Well I odnt know if posting others info on here is legal or not, maybe a Moderator could tell me if it is. But it's just been escalated to BBRY Security and we have open up an on going ticket and follow up process. Sometime, the CS said, that there may just be a 'Raffle' Happening and if I had registered for anything bbry, that I could indeed win a car.. That is what they are really checking into. When I said fake the other day, it was because of many searches and finding forums where people said it was fake but the information of who was sending it was different. I will keep everyone updated as this progresses. Here's a partial screencap.

Also, can a Mod keep this from hitting the front page until I know exactly what is transpiring?
    Attached Thumbnails PIN message from Blackberry Indonesia, Think I JUST WON A CAR-img_20130825.jpg  
    Last edited by thatplaybookguy; 08-22-13 at 10:31 AM.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    08-22-13 10:20 AM

My kind of thinking!
    08-22-13 10:30 AM
    My kind of thinking!

If a Moderator says its ok, then and only then. I dont want to risk CB getting into legal troubles.
    08-22-13 12:23 PM
    If a Moderator says its ok, then and only then. I dont want to risk CB getting into legal troubles.
    I got mine to. Here..
    In english,

Reseacrh IN MOTION LIMITED
    RIM BlackBerry �
    COMMUNITY TO ANNOUNCE BlackBerry � Smartphone Users in all of Indonesia.

� That PT.RIM BlackBerry � Canada Through Branches in Each State Holding Gebyar Promo.

� And PT.RIM BlackBerry � Indonesia Saying Welcome To Your Own Smart Phone BlackBerry �.

� You Lucky Winning Gebyar Promo From Research In Motion Limited Canada Through CEO Suite DKI Jakarta.

� Gand PRIZE (1) Unit One Car HONDA JAZZ RS.

� With No.. Recapitulation of Winners:
    � NO RKP / ID:...................

� Sweepstakes Official Promo Program With
    Letter of Endorsement and legalized By:

� Police METRO JAYA:
    No.. 117/017/-Pol.005/512-2013 permission.

� NOTARY city government:
    No.S.Izin.Dki/1081/IV/Rkpd-PR2013.

� DEPSOS RI:
    No.. 217-01-IV Und / MOSA RI-2013.

� DGT RI:
    No.Pjk-npwp5720/01und-Rkp/399-IX.2013.

Permit Official Website of the Broadcasting Content DEPKOMINFO With No.1571/SE/DJPT/KOMINFO
    Rkp/07/2013.

INFO:
    � The Official Winners will receive a confirmation notice accompanied by RKP No / ID winner.

� Through MESSAGE which accepted the right of RIM BlackBerry � Indonesia.

� In order to avoid the things that harm winners
    PT.BlackBerry � Indonesia did not deliver a gift through the branches.

� TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
    � The winner must report the full identity of personal data in accordance
    ID card / driving license in the interest of the maintenance and validation in winning form.

� specially for the Grand Prize winner of the gift tax has been fully covered by the:
    PT.RECEACRH IN MOTION LIMITED
    and PT.BlackBerry � Indonesia
    lottery as the executor in accordance with the letter of authorization from the Director General Ri tax.

� The lucky winner in the compulsory to complete the administrative costs the documents, vehicle registration / reg vehicle in accordance with prizes get.

� Administrative costs / Handling is only (Warranty While) are in charge to the winner
    to the interests of the maintenance of the mutation behind the name of vehicle registration papers / reg vehicles from the company name to the name of the winner.

� Especially for outside Jakarta prize winner can deliver directly to the winners by flight service address or expeditionary after winning the file handling is resolved.

� Limit retrieval Gifts (2) days of notification in accepted the message.

� To address and your Identity Reporting Please Call
    Information Services:

RIM CEO:
    BLACKBERRY INDONESIA
    JAKARTA BRANCH CENTER

Drs.BUDI MULYA
    Call :0016-2852-5608-2888

PT.Research in Motion Limited Indonesia
    CEO Suite Jakarta
    One Pacific Place, 15th floor Sudirman Central Business District
    Jl. Gen.. Sudirman Kav. 52-53 Jakarta 12190 INDONESIA

Please Verify RKP / your ID at:
    www.gebyarpromorim.webs.com

THANK YOU
    Research In Motion Limited
     BlackBerry �

****************************************-̶̶ � ̸ Ϟ � ̸ ~.
    *********************************** BlackBerry �
    Attached Thumbnails PIN message from Blackberry Indonesia, Think I JUST WON A CAR-img_00000747.jpg   PIN message from Blackberry Indonesia, Think I JUST WON A CAR-img_00000748.jpg   PIN message from Blackberry Indonesia, Think I JUST WON A CAR-img_00000749.jpg  
    08-25-13 11:10 PM
    Iv got mine to bro. It has also a website. gebyar promo rim
    08-25-13 11:15 PM
83 123 ...