This has been a pet peeve of mine since switching to Telus from Rogers in Canada .

For those that don't know, for reasons I cannot explain, Rogers has the Canadian rights to Caller ID Display. This means that if you have call display you get both the name and number displayed for incoming calls. (for people not in your address book).

With other carriers you only get number display with no name display (unless that caller is in your contacts list).

I think getting call display without seeing a name is not really call display. I think you would all agree that you also want to see a name associated with the number.

Anyone have info on whether or not the CRTC in their infinite wisdom would give Rogers this exclusivity?

Another pet peeve.... "Unknown Numbers" aren't really unknown.

When my mailbox is full and I get a call from a caller that was displayed as unknown, I get a text message saying "please call xxx-xxx-xxxx displaying the number. If that person is in my contacts I will get a text saying please call "John Doe xxx-xxx-xxxx "

So unknown numbers really aren't unknown so why can't these fricken carriers just display the info on the incoming call screen so if it is important we can take the call.

These are just a couple random thoughts that came to mind today.

Posted from my Z30 on CB10
    09-02-14 04:47 PM
    That's crazy. Hopefully with BlackBerry Blend all calls will be displayed with name and number.
    09-03-14 02:03 PM
    Where did you hear Rogers has exclusive rights?

From reading on voip forum, it sounded like the originating provider needs to provide that, and various clecs along the way may or may not pass that along.

When I call 1800 numbers from my Koodo phone, they cannot determine even my phone number let alone my name.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-14 02:44 PM
    Where did you hear Rogers has exclusive rights?

From reading on voip forum, it sounded like the originating provider needs to provide that, and various clecs along the way may or may not pass that along.

When I call 1800 numbers from my Koodo phone, they cannot determine even my phone number let alone my name.

Posted via CB10
    My best friend owns a Telus retail store. I asked him when I switched asking why I'm not getting names with my caller ID on Telus like I was when with Rogers.

Posted from my Z30 on CB10
    09-03-14 04:35 PM