I was helping a friend out that i met online. i payed her phone bill for her using my visa credit card. Can she see my personal information like home address and my real name after i have given it to pay her bill? or will it just say something as simple as " bill payed". Just want to know if im protected im not looking for any uninvited gusts lol.
    11-06-11 12:39 PM
    Ummmmmm the gravity of your stupidity worries me :/
    11-06-11 12:43 PM
    Yeeaaahh.... Why would you do that if you were worried about this happening?

As for the original question, I don't know.
    11-07-11 11:54 PM
    You are a very nice person.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk
    11-08-11 12:00 AM
    I think it depends really. Some companies will send the bill with the full payment info. Don't know which company or anything like that so can't say. Others will not have details - just that it was paid. Just hope that it only shows paid and nothing else. If you use the same provider then check one of their bills to see what details are printed.
    11-08-11 12:49 AM
    She will not see your personal information. The next bill should just indicate the payment method.
    11-08-11 08:53 AM
    Hey old friend, I've a few bills I could use a hand with, what say you? JK

Wait though. So if I understand this correctly, you paid a bill for someone whom you don't know or trust well enough to trust with information such as your address or real name?

The information is now out there, and depending on what the company normally does, it may list all of your information and it may just show paid.

So, there's a valuable lesson in here somewhere: if you don't know someone well enough to trust them knowing your personal information, such as name and address, you shouldn't write them a check or put any bill of theirs on your credit card.
    11-08-11 09:01 AM
    To whom did you give your credit card information to?

If it was directly to the phone company then I would say, nothing to worry about. If, on the other hand, you gave your credit card information to said girl, I would consider calling in your card as lost and get a new number.

There is no way to know if anything has been compromised in the 2nd situation, and there is a sense that you have less than complete trust in the person involved.
    11-08-11 10:28 AM
    Do me a favor....when you identity has been stolen or there are fraudulent charges on your Visa card, come back here and let us know.

Thanks!
    11-08-11 12:07 PM
    did she at least send you some "nice" pics online??
    11-08-11 01:09 PM
    11-09-11 07:59 AM
    did she at least send you some "nice" pics online??
    YUP.

I hope they were worth it.

11-09-11 03:09 PM
    I would have used paypal for that.
    Or a prepaid credit card. Look for any fraudulent charges, then dispute them. That was a very stupid thing to do.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-09-11 07:41 PM
    Why would Paypal have been better? I know it doesn't have to be, but it could be linked to a bank account. I don't know how their fraud policy differs from the bank/CC company's though.

Perhaps just mail cash or a money order, something not linked to your identity. Or here's an idea: if you don't trust people to know who you are, don't give them money.
    11-09-11 10:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD