...What would you go for?

So, the worst has happened and Blackberry ceases to be (I really do hope this does not happen). What would you chose as your 'best' alternative?

iPhone? Android? Windows Phone? Nothing seems to compare.
    09-07-13 07:32 AM
    Btw, I'm first

Now I'm going to post this and edit so I stay first. (before someone else gets the position)

EDIT:

What would I do if BlackBerry didn't exist? To be completely honest with you, I don't know. This idea of productivity is only something that I could imagine AFTER I used BlackBerry devices. Only AFTER the interface proved to be quicker than the rest. Honestly, it's quite impossible to know what we would really go for.

I mean, for all I know I might have never even been into phones. BlackBerrys have always been inspiring. I don't know what I'd use without one. But what I do know is that IF my mindset were all about productivity, I'd get the HTC One and tweak it out as much as I can so that it doesn't have excessive transitions or bloatware, I would also use some Android tweaks to make the OS gesture based (like I did with Zephyr on my iPod Touch before BB 10).

The HTC One is a good phone, and I think that its responsiveness, apps, and customisation would lead me to believe it's the most productive/best phone.

I don't know what I'd do without my Berry. It's so confusing to think about what I'd do without it, :/
    09-07-13 07:50 AM
    Honestly?no reason not to keep on using my Q10 until it dies. Then, I'd probably go with iPhone 4S, assuming BIS is not available and I can't go back to 9900. The world without BlackBerry... Sad, sad place that would be.

Posted via CB10
    09-07-13 07:59 AM
    There are million threads on this topic already.
    habs_fan likes this.
    09-07-13 08:00 AM
    Keep using my Z10 until the devil Rogers let's me upgrade in two years. It's not like my BlackBerry is going to self destruct if BlackBerry goes bust.

Support your local paramedics run with scissors.
    anon(4185604) likes this.
    09-07-13 08:01 AM
    Btw, I'm first

Now I'm going to post this and edit so I stay first. (before someone else gets the position)

EDIT:

What would I do if BlackBerry didn't exist? To be completely honest with you, I don't know. This idea of productivity is only something that I could imagine AFTER I used BlackBerry devices. Only AFTER the interface proved to be quicker than the rest. Honestly, it's quite impossible to know what we would really go for.

I mean, for all I know I might have never even been into phones. BlackBerrys have always been inspiring. I don't know what I'd use without one. But what I do know is that IF my mindset were all about productivity, I'd get the HTC One and tweak it out as much as I can so that it doesn't have excessive transitions or bloatware, I would also use some Android tweaks to make the OS gesture based (like I did with Zephyr on my iPod Touch before BB 10).

The HTC One is a good phone, and I think that its responsiveness, apps, and customisation would lead me to believe it's the most productive/best phone.

I don't know what I'd do without my Berry. It's so confusing to think about what I'd do without it, :/
    Agreed

Sent From Q10/HTC One
    09-07-13 08:13 AM
    short term I'd go for a 2nd hand lumia 920, and work out what my position was next on how the markets developer for winphone 8. I don't really want an iPhone, and I don't have any great love of the current crop of android phones in general, but I'd be more likely to get an android phone if I couldn't manage with the winphone 8 devices. The nearest hit is a galaxy s4, or possibly the upcoming note 3 even.
    09-07-13 08:21 AM
    Who knows what will be available in a couple of years from now. My phone will work till then.
    09-07-13 08:23 AM
    I've only had my first blackberry for about 3 weeks I honestly am not sure how I have gotten on the last year or two without it. If it didn't exist I'd go back to my N900 and even now I still love my Nokia N900 more than anything I have ever used in my life. The lack of updates and as it's slowly falling behind the times I had to upgrade. Nothing has come close to my N900
    OK, so what if there was no Blackberry...-nokia-n900_1.jpg

Posted via CB10
    09-07-13 09:30 AM
    It would just like palm pre died few years ago.

Posted via CB10
    09-07-13 09:32 AM
    If there had never been a BlackBerry, I would still use iPhone.
    If BlackBerry disappeared, I'd stay on the z10 as long as possible and perhaps go over to Windows Phone.
    I'd probably buy one or two Z10 to keep if mine was defective

Posted via CB10
    09-07-13 10:01 AM
    Jolla Sailfish. Closest thing to the BlackBerry experience.

Posted via CB10
    09-07-13 10:14 AM
    iPhone, most likely, although the thought is kind of depressing. After being happy with the BB10 OS, using the iPhone, although with more apps, will feel antiquated because of the home button.

Sent from my sexy white hot Z10 in Sin City ;-)
    09-07-13 10:14 AM
    What if there weren't any more "what if" threads?! lol

Posted via CB 10 on my naked Z10
    DS1331 likes this.
    09-07-13 12:09 PM
    I will go back to a winmo phone....from whence I came to BB.
    Would be a good idea to buy a second hand Z10 to keep as a spare tho. Kudos to someone for mentioning it. If BB were to stop making phones altogether...I would stock up on a few.
    raw_dog likes this.
    09-07-13 04:35 PM
    I'd go on eBay and get an old Curve 8900 to use after my Q10 dies. Nostalgia would get the better of me :P But if the phone would no longer be supported by carriers I would jump to a Windows phone or an Android like the HTC One.

Posted via the super amazing BlackBerry Q10
    09-09-13 07:31 AM