I still say they should have played this game old school (out doors).

Congrats to the Canadian team, it was a great game.
    02-28-10 05:29 PM
    Excellent job Canada...great game, great action and the better team won.
    What an exciting tournament for hockey fans.
    I feel for my boys in blue, especially Ryan Miller, but they came up against a team that would not be denied.
    Congratulations.
    Guess where Crosby went to get even better.. Rimouski Oceanic in THE Q!

Why don't you just admit that you're wrong within this argument?

It has been proven that most of your best players came to Canada to "fine tune" their game (in your own words)

I don't know why you're getting so defensive, I was merely stating FACTS.

Guess Miller time is over.

Go have fun with your family celebrating silver, I'll be with mine celebrating GOLD.
    02-28-10 05:29 PM
    What I loved about this match up was the interconnectedness of it. Guys playing against each other who will go back to playing on the same team this week.

There was a home made sign that summed up the Canada/US relationship.
    It was held up by someone serving with the Canadian military, watching the game in Kandahar, Afghanistan. It read:

Canada/USA.
    Brothers in arms, but not on the ice.

To Team USA:
    Good game guys. You had our whole nation on the edge of their seats.
    Last edited by LazyStarGazer; 02-28-10 at 06:47 PM.
    02-28-10 05:57 PM
    Yes!!! Canada! Canada! Canada! We our the champions!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    And this asss hat wants to give me an english lesson???

02-28-10 06:30 PM
    Congrats Canada! 87 always delivers.

02-28-10 06:44 PM
    And this asss hat wants to give me an english lesson???

hahahahaha that made me laugh

LSCUP7187 I bet we'll be butting heads in the playoffs, a little friendly rivalry
    02-28-10 07:05 PM
    hahahahaha that made me laugh

LSCUP7187 I bet we'll be butting heads in the playoffs, a little friendly rivalry
    No doubt...and you know it killed Ovi to see Crosby pot the winner today...he and the Caps should be highly motivated

02-28-10 07:20 PM
    Guess where Crosby went to get even better.. Rimouski Oceanic in THE Q!

Why don't you just admit that you're wrong within this argument?

It has been proven that most of your best players came to Canada to "fine tune" their game (in your own words)

I don't know why you're getting so defensive, I was merely stating FACTS.

Guess Miller time is over.

Go have fun with your family celebrating silver, I'll be with mine celebrating GOLD.
    I tip my hat with grace to the Canadian Men's Ice Hockey Team. Excellent team, amazing talent and they got the job done. The better team won, congratulations.

As far as our 'argument'...epic fail on your part...very few players go directly from Canadian major junior leagues to the NHL. This is undeniable to anyone with knowledge of the workings of the NHL draft. I never said Americans don't go to Canada to hone their skills, of course some do, my point was that the players you listed except for one had more 'honing' of their skills from American minor league and American college hockey AFTER their Canadian major junior stints.
    It's also obvious that you didn't read the entire thread or you would have understood the joke I was making about spending time with my family.
    02-28-10 07:45 PM
    I tip my hat with grace to the Canadian Men's Ice Hockey Team. Excellent team, amazing talent and they got the job done. The better team won, congratulations.

As far as our 'argument'...epic fail on your part...very few players go directly from Canadian major junior leagues to the NHL. This is undeniable to anyone with knowledge of the workings of the NHL draft. I never said Americans don't go to Canada to hone their skills, of course some do, my point was that the players you listed except for one had more 'honing' of their skills from American minor league and American college hockey AFTER their Canadian major junior stints.
    It's also obvious that you didn't read the entire thread or you would have understood the joke I was making about spending time with my family.
    oh christopherp, I really don't understand you. I was stating the facts that your beloved American team has a lot of Canadian ties so I guess it's an epic fail on your part for trying to make it seem like I don't know my hockey.
    I would love to say something stereotypical right now but I won't because I don't want to insult or offend any Americans here since a lot aren't stereotypical.

I was just saying the facts for fun, I think you took it a little too seriously.
    02-28-10 08:23 PM
    I was just saying the facts for fun, I think you took it a little too seriously.
    My friend OVI,
    I take life seriously, not the baldersnacky I read on the CBerry forums.
    You mis-stated several 'facts'...I corrected you...that's all.
    A dwindling lot I admit, but the true hockey families here in the good ol' USofA appreciate hockey for the worldwide sport it is.
    Cheers to you!
    02-28-10 08:46 PM
    Why Canada is Better Than America | Points in Case

I came across this on the internet a while ago It's actually quite funny Had me lmao Enjoy.
    02-28-10 10:34 PM
    And now that the games are over, I suppose we can all be friends again Until next time....
    02-28-10 10:40 PM
    And thusly does the optimist speak!
    Probably a (closet) Slovak fan, eh?
    Last edited by christopherp; 02-28-10 at 11:33 PM.
    02-28-10 11:30 PM
    Canada? Oh you mean those syrup suckers who think they're getting free health
    care but are really paying for it through their paychecks? America's hat? The nice
    loft above the really good party going on down below?
    Yeh some party you have going on there...seeing as you guys ie Americans screwed the worlds economy...ironic that Canada has the most soundest banking system in the world and even your President when he visited Canada gave us respect for that...Canada isnt in such a ****hole that USA is in.

Oh btw...3-2!!!...paybacks a ***** isnt it???
    03-01-10 08:52 AM
    Yeh some party you have going on there...seeing as you guys ie Americans screwed the worlds economy...ironic that Canada has the most soundest banking system in the world and even your President when he visited Canada gave us respect for that...Canada isnt in such a ****hole that USA is in.

Oh btw...3-2!!!...paybacks a ***** isnt it???
    No point arguing with him He's obviously got some serious problems with his own country, so he dumps on ours to feel better. We don't really have to prove anything....
    03-01-10 08:57 AM
    the US = Canada's beard. anyone?
    03-01-10 02:34 PM
116 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD