When will my boss learn that I can clearly see he's playing Solitaire on his computer from the reflection on the window behind him. I don't mind this at all, it's only when he ask me to hold on a second like he's trying to finish something important.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576 -Q10SQN100-5/10.3.1.2576 Posted via CB
    Start trying to help him. "You can put the 2 of spades up".
    HonnyBrown likes this.
    05-13-15 01:31 PM
    Why does my boss undo everything we do, then when the **** starts to hit the fan, she freaks out and tells us to go back to the original plan?

Posted via CB10
    HonnyBrown likes this.
    05-28-15 12:12 AM
    Why do they have a damn sign in the fridge saying don't touch food that doesn't belong to u but ppl continue doing it ?

Tapatalk'n On The IPhone 6 Plus 
    05-28-15 12:22 AM
    Why does HR clean out the fridges, and throw everything away. Even unopened soda. No mercy!

 Classic
    06-02-15 04:36 PM
    Why do they have a damn sign in the fridge saying don't touch food that doesn't belong to u but ppl continue doing it ?
    That reminds of a place I used to work. On the container of butter in the fridge was a Post-It that simply said "Not Yours".

Brilliant!
    06-02-15 06:53 PM
    I'm having a good one over here. Some managers are as smart as a horses azz.
    06-04-15 10:19 AM
    We have a guest from Sweden in town. He is staying an hour away from the office, so he can shop at the Mall of America.

I pick him up and he says "Can you take me here?". Shows me an address for Florida. I understand most Europeans don't understand how big the US is, but at least look at a map before you travel. Just get an idea of the size.

 Classic
    HonnyBrown likes this.
    06-21-15 04:18 PM
    From the outside: why do some office dwellers tell customers "your order will be with you before lunch" when it's coming on a 44 tonne truck, their works is 300 miles away and it's not even loaded yet?
    And yes, that is from personal experience!

Posted via CB10
    06-21-15 05:57 PM
    That's funny yet painful.

 Classic
    06-21-15 06:01 PM
    Carry on from previous post:
    Did you also know that drivers on regular runs to a limited number of customers have the mobile phone numbers of the blue collar guys who actually use the stuff we deliver so we can get to know how "urgent" it really is, and how much is white collar power games

Posted via CB10
    06-21-15 06:05 PM
    Aviation-related:

Why managers won't tell you to fix a landscape camera near the top of the horizontal stabilizer almost 50 ft. in height but pressures you to fix it when the aircraft's outside and its 104 degrees Fahrenheit?

Cave, cave, moderator videt
    06-21-15 06:31 PM
    Out of country visitors:

I would love to drive you around while you buy makeup for your wife. Polo shirts for your brother. Shoes for yourself. I would like nothing more than driving you across town for coffee.

Oh damn, you leave tomorrow and we have not gone over the budget, how we will boost sales. But no worries, we can Skype next Monday.

Thanks!

 Classic
    06-24-15 01:49 PM
    Once they hit their 40's they'll just suspect everything! I was the world's worst "know everything" in my 20's, my 30's and 40's cured that condition !

Posted via CB10
    HonnyBrown likes this.
    06-29-15 07:42 AM
    Why do the 20-somethings in the office think they know everything about everything?
    I forgot to include your post in my reply !

Z10STL100-2/10.3.1.2576

Posted via CB10
    06-29-15 07:46 AM
    Why am I the only one who either knows how or is willing to dump the coffee storage tray when it becomes full.
    If this tray isn't freed of all the empty coffee packets the machine ceases to operate.

So, if you have a Flavia model coffee maker at your office this is how you dump the packet tray.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.680 Q10SQN100-5/10.3.1.2576 Posted via CB
    Attachment 360378
    Last edited by 93Aero; 07-01-15 at 12:26 PM.
    07-01-15 12:13 PM
    You get coffee at the office?

Say what!

German manager has private espresso machine. Nothing for no one else.

Thankful for Caribou and Starbucks.

 Classic
    07-01-15 12:54 PM
    I can follow the office dress code. I really don't mind, but come on. When the C level execs can't. Really! Is it that hard.

Just throw on some decent dress shoes. It's not like anyone is asking for a new office chair or coffee maker.

 Classic
    07-13-15 10:21 AM
    I can follow the office dress code. I really don't mind, but come on. When the C level execs can't. Really! Is it that hard.

Just throw on some decent dress shoes. It's not like anyone is asking for a new office chair or coffee maker.

 Classic
    Complaints about shoes has no place in this thread. Unless you work at a shoe store.

Unless the dude is wearing sandals with socks, I think you're in the wrong.
    07-13-15 05:59 PM
    The C level execs wrote the dress code. Only dress shoes in the office. No white sole shoes, nothing athletic based.

So being an office rant thread, it's a rant.

 Classic
    07-13-15 07:56 PM
    The C level execs wrote the dress code. Only dress shoes in the office. No white sole shoes, nothing athletic based.

So being an office rant thread, it's a rant.

 Classic
    Oh you didn't get the memo, the rules don't apply to them. Just to everyone below them.

/me gets to wear funny T-shirts and shorts and sneakers, so sucks for you.
    07-14-15 12:26 AM
    Oh you didn't get the memo, the rules don't apply to them. Just to everyone below them.

/me gets to wear funny T-shirts and shorts and sneakers, so sucks for you.
    So you automatically declass yourself from ever becoming C-level...?

That's how some are thinking.... :-)

�   "BB Android Armageddon: Chenisys is uploading in 5,4,3..."   �
    07-16-15 04:34 PM
    So you automatically declass yourself from ever becoming C-level...?

That's how some are thinking.... :-)

•   "BB Android Armageddon: Chenisys is uploading in 5,4,3..."   •
    I don't consider myself an executive, but I report to the President/CEO directly and am a Manager of my department.

Like I said, the rules are not made for the executives, just by the executives.. hehe

Back over a decade ago when I worked in production, where it gets dirty, I was asked (kindly suggested?) to wear slacks or jeans instead of sweat pants. That has been the extent of clothing policy for me at this company. The expectation is "business casual".

I don't work in a position where I'm really face to face with the customers, though. My next job will be in a stuffy office with more dressy attire
    07-16-15 06:56 PM
    No, you can't use my Keurig. Stop asking.
    anon(9088244) likes this.
    07-20-15 07:26 AM
    I don't consider myself an executive, but I report to the President/CEO directly and am a Manager of my department.

Like I said, the rules are not made for the executives, just by the executives.. hehe

Back over a decade ago when I worked in production, where it gets dirty, I was asked (kindly suggested?) to wear slacks or jeans instead of sweat pants. That has been the extent of clothing policy for me at this company. The expectation is "business casual".

I don't work in a position where I'm really face to face with the customers, though. My next job will be in a stuffy office with more dressy attire
    Glad I'm self-employed and am free to wear what I want...
    Smart casual, Business casual, or a bit fancier than that, and after 4, 5 or six... whatever "suits" best. And that can be (even) more than casual than casual... ;-)

Here in the tropics you will rarely ever see anyone wear a full suit, if you leave the aircon, you'll be dripping wet (either from rain or sweat) within a few minutes in the hotter months or the monsoon season ...

:-D

�   "BB Android Armageddon: Chenisys is uploading in 5,4,3..."   �
    07-21-15 03:15 AM
    A classic and well known example of corporate hypocrisy; up until 2000 Disney male (and I assume female) Castmembers (employees) weren't allowed to have mustaches, even though Walt Disney wore one.

On the obsession of email, my estimating co-worker and I shared an office so small we sat just 3-4 feet apart. If we extended our arms they would touch. Instead of looking up and asking me a question he would send me a email. I would just look up and answer his question. I would then get a email from him "Thanks". Who was working with? Harpo Marx?

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport.
    07-21-15 05:44 AM
60 123