Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By lorax1284
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default off subject cant post anywhere else because of blackberry

Well needless to say I've been searching the web and working on these for about 5 days now and have had no luck. Then when attempting to post on a actual computer help forum I was unable to because captchas and blackberries don't work together. Ok so I'm hoping since most of this community is tech savvy that someone on here will possibly be able to help me.
    I am currently working on two computers in attempts to get at least one up and running the first is a custom built msi kt3 ultra3 aru onboard raid board with a amd anthalon xp 2000+ processor well this computer was built in 02 and after checking mobo specs and making sure everything was plugged in correctly I was able to get it to boot kinda however it was unable to find a hd I tried several different hds and decided it was the hd port that was broken malfunctioning I manage to get that working by cleaning it after doing so I got a hd to load and went on to install windows at which point I noticed the boot order was wrong. So I restarted and tried to go to bios this then gave me issues as it took me like 15 attempts to get there unsure as y? Well I then changed the boot order to cd 1st and it failed to even post ... I pulled ram and reset bios with cmos jumper(I replaced the jumper to standard before turning computer on) and turned computer on (I know it won't post without ram) I was hoping to hear beeping ... However there was none ... Well I replaced the ram and tried new ram however it still did not post. At said point in time is where I pulled the atx-350 psu and tried it on my other computer it is a dell 4600i which only calls for a 300 watt psu however I felt that it should be powerhungry enough to test the psu (especially since the mobo on the custom has the processor speed set to default lows with minimal extras plugged in graphics card ram mobo that's it) I'm coming to the conclusion that this mobo may be fried or that the processor may be. While I have never actually oced this and I'm quite certain my brother didn't as he doesn't know how and stands firm he wouldn't even try that it has never been set beyond 2ghz well within the specified safe limits. Any ideas on anything I should try or other things that may be wrong ... O I tried a different graphics card on it as well ... Ok onto the dell which I believe may have a similar problem this was bought a few days back by myself to attempt to fix to get a computer up and running 20$ can't pass up its a dell 4600i 3ghz processor 300 watt psu ram is being interchanged betweek computers I have 2 512 ddr1 ram pc3200 and 2 ddr 256 pc3200 I plan on putting into wichever I get working this is a dual channel configuration board so I have identical twin ram to make sure there are no issues therer and have tested with different combinations of ram in each comp well needless to say this one is presenting with an inability to read hds as well so I put on a pci raid card to bypass standard drives (was just laying around thought I'd try it) well this board will 1/2 the time recognize a hd plugged into it but never a second and seems to only want to see one dvd drive at a time as well... So I plugged hds directly into the raid drive however the computer doesn't boot to a point where it will read off the raid card so I plugged in a hd to the mobo again and and tried to get it to boot to the point of seeing the raid card and booting off it so I can install an os anyways I'm at a complete loss and am trying to figure this out any help would be extremely appreciated thanks in advance chris
    CrackBerry Genius

^^^How is this Blackberry related....
    BlackBerry Z10 OS 10.3.1.1016

Sent from my PC using my finger tips...

Unfortunately with all the run on sentences I had a really hard time following what you were trying to say.
    I'm Rambling in Rehab and Be 5000
    Need help? Just ask.
    Want to know how to do stuff here on the forums? Try the Forum Help Videos & Guides sections.

CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    947 Global Posts

I think the person is posting here because they can't post anywhere else because their only way to access the 'net is via Blackberry and CrackBerry.com is the only place they know of that they can access using their blackberry.

I think.

In an effort to help this user, I will reformat the post so that it is human readable.

I've been searching the web and working on these for about 5 days now and have had no luck.

I am currently working on two computers in attempts to get at least one up and running

the first is a custom built msi kt3 ultra3 aru onboard raid with a amd athalon xp 2000+ processor

this computer was built in 2002 and after checking mobo specs and making sure everything was plugged in correctly I was able to get it to boot kinda, however it was unable to see my hard drive

I tried several different hds and decided it was the connector port that was broken malfunctioning I manage to get that working by cleaning it

after doing so I got a hd to load and went on to install windows at which point I noticed the boot order was wrong. So I restarted and tried to go into the bios this then gave me issues as it took me like 15 attempts to get there

I then changed the boot order to cd 1st and it failed to even post ... I pulled ram and reset bios with cmos jumper (I replaced the jumper to standard before turning computer on) and turned computer on (I know it won't post without ram) I was hoping to hear beeping ... However there was none ...

I replaced the ram and tried new ram however it still did not post. At said point in time is where I pulled the atx-350 psu and tried it on my other computer it is a dell 4600i which only calls for a 300 watt psu however I felt that it should be powerhungry enough to test the psu

I'm coming to the conclusion that this mobo may be fried or that the processor may be. While I have never actually overclocked this: it has never been set beyond 2 ghz, well within the specified safe limits.

I tried a different graphics card on it as well ...

The dell may have a similar problem

this was bought a few days back by myself to attempt to fix to get a computer up and running

its a dell 4600i 3ghz processor 300 watt psu

ram is being interchanged between computers

I have 2 512 ddr1 ram pc3200 and 2 ddr 256 pc3200

I plan on putting into whichever I get working

this is a dual channel configuration board so I have identical twin ram to make sure there are no issues there and have tested with different combinations of ram in each computer

This one is presenting with an inability to read hds as well so I put on a pci raid card to bypass standard drives (was just laying around thought I'd try it)

This board will recognize a hd plugged into
    1/2 the time it but never a second time and seems to only want to see one dvd drive at a time as well.

So I plugged hds directly into the raid drive however the computer doesn't boot to a point where it will read off the raid card so I plugged in a hd to the mobo again and and tried to get it to boot to the point of seeing the raid card and booting off it so I can install an os

anyways I'm at a complete loss and am trying to figure this out any help would be extremely appreciated

thanks in advance
    chris
    Your motherboards and or disks are fried. You need a known WORKING machine to test components against... what you have are two UNKNOWN machines so it's all random chance if you ever get a combination of components together that will work.
    I was tapering off. I'm all tapered out now.
    Thanked by 2:
    BigBadWulf (01-30-2013),  mrrsquared79 (01-30-2013) 
    BigBadWulf and si001 like this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    432 Global Posts

Thank you lorax, however it's still useless lol
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,056 Global Posts

It could be the power supply not producing enough power anymore to boot the pc as dell is famous for crappy psu's, or the mobo is done or cpu, but check to see if any compacitors are gone on the mobo and look inside psu as well, if so then they can be replaced if u know how to solder or know someone.
    New Phone: Iphone 4s, Old Phones: Blackberry Z10, Samsung Galaxy S3 (Sold), Iphone 4 (Used By Family)
    LTE Playbook 32gb (Dec 2012), OS version is 1753.
    On Rogers Service

"When in doubt, buy a laptop"
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

Well I appreciate the attempts at help and thank you lorax, I was coming to the same conclusion. I do have a working system however it runs on a much lower wattage and is ide not sata. so testing my psu on that system is not gonna work and even using a voltage meter doesn't work all the time I've gotten false oks with those before. Otherwise I have been testing the parts I can. Honestly was just hoping that someone might have some idea as to something to try otherwise. However, it looks like ya'll are coming to the same conclusion. I was however able to find a power supply with about the same wattage to test with, it is however an ide psu and I'm not sure whether this computer will boot from an ide hard drive it comes up showing that it found the hard drive however makes no attempts to boot from it and would not try to install windows to it. This was a tested working hd. actually I attempted this test with two or three hds. So I guess my real question is can a SATA system w/ IDE connectors boot from a IDE drive or will it always show that as a secondary(data disc)? Any further constructive help on the matter would be greatly appreciated.