I'm going to bed....
    04-19-09 01:41 AM
    Obama?!?! What he will do is turn turn this nation into the USSA (United Socalist States of America) but remove the internet? I don't think so. In fact I read and artical that the FCC wants to make the internet free to everyone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-19-09 08:51 AM
    e. Also, those "tea partys" on wed. were NOT put together by media and all that bs. It was a "grass roots" movement.

Yes they were and I'm glad I was a part of that piece of history. You know it was the right thing when the New York Times won't cover it, and CNN mocks it.

04-19-09 08:55 AM
    So when's the new os coming out?
    04-19-09 09:11 AM
    I call shenanigans!

shenaaaaaaaanigaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaans!!!!!
    04-19-09 09:24 AM
    Yes they were and I'm glad I was a part of that piece of history. You know it was the right thing when the New York Times won't cover it, and CNN mocks it.

CNN mocks fox's involvment...as they should.
    04-19-09 10:01 AM
    Ok, I live with two guys that are not exactly Obama fans. One spends hours searching the internet for polotical stuff.
    The fact is if you want to spend the time looking for information on the internet to support a pre-defined opinion...true or not, you could find something that will support that position...BUT that does not make it fact, and it should not be reported as fact unless you are willing to support the information and your position in public.

I do not believe the world is flat, it is proven to be round and has been proven for centuries.
    It was not my intention to assert that YOU were part of the 10% of Americans that believe in such outlandish claims, but the point is that for what ever reason a certain percentage of the population believes these stories as true....just like your room mate and yourself believed that Obama was going to shut down the internet.

Just look at how many people believe that Elvis is still alive...or that OJ Simpson did not kill his Wife...or that the whole 9-11 event was a conspiracy by the US Government to create a reason to go to war in Iraq.

I could go on and on...but the point is there is not FACT to back up those opinions, but I am sure that given time I could go on the internet and find a link to someone else who shares such opinion and has some out of context information to support that opinion....but I would not go to a public forum and post that I believe Elvis is still alive

I do believe it is possible considering America is going to pot. Our economy is seriously deminished and no I do not believe it is the sole responsibility of this new office.
    It is your right to believe what you want...but do yourself a favor and do your own research based on Logic, reality and facts and rely less on your room mates for your information, at least then you can support your opinions in open forum with the facts that you have gained through the research you have done on the topic.

Also, those "tea partys" on wed. were NOT put together by media and all that bs. It was a "grass roots" movement.
    I wish your Tea Parties all the luck in the world going forward, it is a good start...but I wonder who will become the leader of the movement come election time...will it be just another POLITICIAN, will you have to create a third party to find the person you are looking for?

If so I doubt anything will change in our Government....sure someone is going to say that they support all of your Tea Parties concerns to win the support but in the end a politician is just that and once in Washington I am afraid you will be very disappointed in the results.
    04-19-09 10:04 AM
    I love this:
    Faking a grassroots movement is known as astroturfing. Astroturfing, as the name suggests, is named after AstroTurf, a brand of artificial grass. Astroturfing means to mimic a grassroots movement, with the powerful lobbyists behind the movement hiding their agenda by pretending to be individuals voicing their opinions.
    04-19-09 10:26 AM
    I love this:
    Faking a grassroots movement is known as astroturfing. Astroturfing, as the name suggests, is named after AstroTurf, a brand of artificial grass. Astroturfing means to mimic a grassroots movement, with the powerful lobbyists behind the movement hiding their agenda by pretending to be individuals voicing their opinions.
    I love that, too!
    04-19-09 11:47 AM
    WTF, OMG, the Earth isn't flat! That's it, I'm going to bed and pulling the sheets over my eyes. Wake me up when it's safe to come out.
    04-19-09 12:22 PM
    WTF, OMG, the Earth isn't flat! That's it, I'm going to bed and pulling the sheets over my eyes. Wake me up when it's safe to come out.
    Get comfortable cause you may never get out of that bed.
    04-19-09 01:36 PM
    Get comfortable cause you may never get out of that bed.
    Thanks for the reassurance! So you saying bring a couple packs of oreo's with me?
    04-19-09 01:46 PM
    Cyber security act of 2009. It is a Bill beings passed around. Started April 1st. I'm hoping it was an April Fool's joke. In case y'all missed all the "?!?!" In the origional post, thought I'd let you know I was looking for ppl to tell me my precious internet was safe. What's a BB w/ no web??

04-19-09 02:53 PM
    You have been told.....

I think first you need to get a clue and stop believing everything negative you hear about Obama, and then you need to find yourself a new source for information.

The real sad thing about this kind of false information is that 10% of Americans will believe even the most outlandish stories...in fact 10% of Americans believe that the earth is FLAT...I kid you not!
    You can't be serious... Funny thing is I think I've heard this before, it's just... unbelievable. If you have a link or something to an article, I would be very interested!
    04-19-09 03:10 PM
    You can't be serious... Funny thing is I think I've heard this before, it's just... unbelievable. If you have a link or something to an article, I would be very interested!
    Well...I don't have a link to the 10% documentation, but this should rock your world, for a minute.
    04-19-09 03:31 PM
    �SEC. 18. CYBERSECURITY RESPONSIBILITIES AND AUTHORITY. The President� (1) within 1 year after the date of enactment of this Act, shall develop and implement a comprehensive national cybersecurity strategy, which shall include� (A) a long-term vision of the Nation�s cybersecurity future; and (B) a plan that encompasses all aspects of national security, including the participation of the private sector, including critical infrastructure operators and managers; (2) may declare a cybersecurity emergency and order the limitation or shutdown of Internet traffic to and from any compromised Federal Government or United States critical infrastructure information system or network; (3) shall designate an agency to be responsible for coordinating the response and restoration of any Federal Government or United States critical infrastructure information system or network affected by a cybersecurity emergency declaration under paragraph (2); (4) shall, through the appropriate department or agency, review equipment that would be needed after a cybersecurity attack and develop a strategy for the acquisition, storage, and periodic replacement of such equipment; (5) shall direct the periodic mapping of Federal Government and United States critical infrastructure information systems or networks, and shall develop metrics to measure the effectiveness of the mapping process; (6) may order the disconnection of any Federal Government or United States critical infrastructure information systems or networks in the interest of national security; (7) shall, through the Office of Science and Technology Policy, direct an annual review of all Federal cyber technology research and development investments; (8) may delegate original classification authority to the appropriate Federal official for the purposes of improving the Nation�s cybersecurity posture; (9) shall, through the appropriate department or agency, promulgate rules for Federal professional responsibilities regarding cybersecurity, and shall provide to the Congress an annual report on Federal agency compliance with those rules; (10) shall withhold additional compensation, direct corrective action for Federal personnel, or terminate a Federal contract in violation of Federal rules, and shall report any such action to the Congress in an unclassified format within 48 hours after taking any such action; and (11) shall notify the Congress within 48 hours after providing a cyber-related certification of legality to a United States person.�

04-19-09 04:22 PM
    http://cdt.org/security/CYBERSEC4.pdf

04-19-09 04:28 PM
    Well...I don't have a link to the 10% documentation, but this should rock your world, for a minute.
    You neglected to read the fine print:

The Flat Earth Society is not in any way responsible for the failure of the French to repel the Germans at the Maginot Line during WWII. Nor is the Flat Earth Society responsible for the recent yeti sightings outside the Vatican, or for the unfortunate enslavement of the Nabisco Inc. factory employees by a rogue hamster insurrectionist group. Furthermore, we are not responsible for the loss of one or more of the following, which may possibly occur as the result of exposing one's self to the dogmatic and dangerously subversive statements made within: life, limb, vision, Francois Mitterand, hearing, taste, smell, touch, thumb, Aunt Mildred, citizenship, spleen, bedrock, cloves, I Love Lucy reruns, toaster, pine derby racer, toy duck, antelope, horseradish, prosthetic ankle, double-cheeseburger, tin foil, limestone, watermelon-scented air freshner, sanity, paprika, German to Pig Latin dictionary, dish towel, pet Chihuahua, pogo stick, Golf Digest subscription, floor tile, upper torso or halibut.
    04-19-09 04:31 PM
    You neglected to read the fine print:

The Flat Earth Society is not in any way responsible for the failure of the French to repel the Germans at the Maginot Line during WWII. Nor is the Flat Earth Society responsible for the recent yeti sightings outside the Vatican, or for the unfortunate enslavement of the Nabisco Inc. factory employees by a rogue hamster insurrectionist group. Furthermore, we are not responsible for the loss of one or more of the following, which may possibly occur as the result of exposing one's self to the dogmatic and dangerously subversive statements made within: life, limb, vision, Francois Mitterand, hearing, taste, smell, touch, thumb, Aunt Mildred, citizenship, spleen, bedrock, cloves, I Love Lucy reruns, toaster, pine derby racer, toy duck, antelope, horseradish, prosthetic ankle, double-cheeseburger, tin foil, limestone, watermelon-scented air freshner, sanity, paprika, German to Pig Latin dictionary, dish towel, pet Chihuahua, pogo stick, Golf Digest subscription, floor tile, upper torso or halibut.
    No...I didn't.
    04-19-09 04:34 PM
    I swear, the things both right and left wing loons come up with.
    04-19-09 04:38 PM
    �SEC. 18. CYBERSECURITY RESPONSIBILITIES AND AUTHORITY. The President� (1) within 1 year after the date of enactment of this Act, shall develop and implement a comprehensive national cybersecurity strategy, which shall include� (A) a long-term vision of the Nation�s cybersecurity future; and (B) a plan that encompasses all aspects of national security, including the participation of the private sector, including critical infrastructure operators and managers; (2) may declare a cybersecurity emergency and order the limitation or shutdown of Internet traffic to and from any compromised Federal Government or United States critical infrastructure information system or network; (3) shall designate an agency to be responsible for coordinating the response and restoration of any Federal Government or United States critical infrastructure information system or network affected by a cybersecurity emergency declaration under paragraph (2); (4) shall, through the appropriate department or agency, review equipment that would be needed after a cybersecurity attack and develop a strategy for the acquisition, storage, and periodic replacement of such equipment; (5) shall direct the periodic mapping of Federal Government and United States critical infrastructure information systems or networks, and shall develop metrics to measure the effectiveness of the mapping process; (6) may order the disconnection of any Federal Government or United States critical infrastructure information systems or networks in the interest of national security; (7) shall, through the Office of Science and Technology Policy, direct an annual review of all Federal cyber technology research and development investments; (8) may delegate original classification authority to the appropriate Federal official for the purposes of improving the Nation�s cybersecurity posture; (9) shall, through the appropriate department or agency, promulgate rules for Federal professional responsibilities regarding cybersecurity, and shall provide to the Congress an annual report on Federal agency compliance with those rules; (10) shall withhold additional compensation, direct corrective action for Federal personnel, or terminate a Federal contract in violation of Federal rules, and shall report any such action to the Congress in an unclassified format within 48 hours after taking any such action; and (11) shall notify the Congress within 48 hours after providing a cyber-related certification of legality to a United States person.�

AAAAAND no one seems to care... stop wasting time and bandwidth
    04-19-09 04:59 PM
    No...I didn't.
    So then the original post, I pray, was made with sarcasm.
    04-19-09 05:38 PM
    It was a joke, along with "Tupac is not dead".
    04-19-09 05:51 PM
    Sarcasm? Highly doubtful. It was posted by the OP w/O any research of her own. The sarcasm actually came from others before the OP responded back.
    04-19-09 06:15 PM
    Sarcasm? Highly doubtful. It was posted by the OP w/O any research of her own. The sarcasm actually came from others before the OP responded back.
    Lex, he's talking about my post.
    04-19-09 06:16 PM
129 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD