My 9yr old daughter is always onto me, dad can i have a go on your BB - NO, 2min's later - dad can i have a go on your BB - NO for the second time, and so it continues for days on end.

She seems obsessed with this really cool phone that dad has, She doesn't really get what BB's are all about she just loves scrolling through the OS and all the apps.

So i have my BB password protected with auto lock enabled, had a sleep in the other day, got up out of bed checked my BB as usual to find:

9 incorrect password attempts out of 10, only 1 attempt left before the handset wipes. My heart stopped for a spilt second and i had to do a double take.

I have since warned her about playing with my BB, what a close shave that was.
    05-20-09 03:20 PM
    Wow that was close. Are you backing up your device info on a regular basis? If not with close calls like that �ou should be. Good to hear it worked out for ya...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-20-09 03:24 PM
    Oh my God I would have had a heartattack. Like stated above I would make sure you do a back up regulary just incase your daughter decides to play again.
    05-20-09 03:40 PM
    Maybe you should by your daughter a old 7100 or 8100 for her to play with...
    05-20-09 03:43 PM
    Sounds like a great idea to me!
    05-20-09 04:19 PM
    Oh boy.
    I am the victim of my peers wanting to see my BlackBerry... here is the story:
    While at school playing football with some friends, a friend of mine wanted to see my phone. Being the nice person I am, and also wanting to show off , I let him check it out. Lucky me, the football comes towards us, and my genius friend decides to throw my phone up in the air in favor of catching the very expensive ball that is no match for my phone. Bam, falls right onto the parking lot. Luckily, my silicon case protected my phone so well .. not a single scratch.
    God loves me
    05-20-09 04:21 PM
    Wow that was close. Are you backing up your device info on a regular basis? If not with close calls like that �ou should be. Good to hear it worked out for ya...

yeah i do back-up, but to be honest probably not as often as i should.

Think i need to get in the routine of doing a weekly back-up.

My daughters cool with it now once i explained to her, but she has jokingly started to ask me questions like " what's your fav colour?" " what football team do you support? " etc.

These kids are crafty so watch out people.
    05-20-09 04:49 PM
    Erm, No thanks, the last thing i need is for my 9yr old to sending me BBM's all day long. Get enough of them from the wife.
    05-20-09 04:52 PM
    Oh boy.
    I am the victim of my peers wanting to see my BlackBerry... here is the story:
    While at school playing football with some friends, a friend of mine wanted to see my phone. Being the nice person I am, and also wanting to show off , I let him check it out. Lucky me, the football comes towards us, and my genius friend decides to throw my phone up in the air in favor of catching the very expensive ball that is no match for my phone. Bam, falls right onto the parking lot. Luckily, my silicon case protected my phone so well .. not a single scratch.
    God loves me
    Did you confront him on something like that? Scratch or not, that is an irresponsible way to treat other people's property. A football is designed to hit the ground, a BlackBerry is not.
    05-20-09 04:53 PM
    Can someone pls explain why this thread has been moved to Off Topic?
    05-20-09 04:54 PM
    Thats why you do a backup on your computer
    05-20-09 05:14 PM
    My humble opinion is, 9 years old is 4 years past the time a child should know what the word NO is and what it means. Also 4 years past they time they should know that if it's not theirs, they should keep their hands off of it.

So having said that. STONE HER! <just kidding>
    05-20-09 06:44 PM
    You should get her something more interesting than a BB which suits her age, and she will be busy with that...
    that was close though, u got up from sleep....just in time!
    05-23-09 06:52 AM
    my kids do the same thing.
    05-23-09 02:11 PM
    I think it's a kid thing they just love to play with dads phone whatever the make, to stop my youngest 18mth daughter I got her an identical 8900 dummy handset hopeing that would do the trick, gave it to her she pressed the buttons, realised in didn't light up and threw it over her shoulder. Lol

05-24-09 10:01 AM
    hide it when your sleeping lol
    05-24-09 10:11 AM
    You shouldn't have to hide your phone from your children. If you tell your children, "My phone is off limits", then it's a done deal. No explaining necessary, whether they're cool with it, or not. It's your phone, you're the parent, and the children don't run the show. I can see a toddler not quite understanding how things go, but not an older child.

If they disobey, then as a parent you have to decide how you're going to handle that. If you don't handle it, and decide to make the phone the issue ("You know kids! They just love shiny, noisy things! What to do?"), then...

Good luck with the phone.
    05-24-09 11:03 AM
    Good thing I have no kids yet. I'd be so mad if stuff like this happened to me. But yea, backing upr your device is a good idea

05-24-09 06:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD