View Poll Results: What would you have done in this situation?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ignore the b*tch and listen to music

0 0%
  • Sit there quietly, mind your own business & do nothing

0 0%
  • Sit there, mind your business until you can't handle her anymore, THEN say something

9 60.00%
  • Say something right away once she starts up on the plane

6 40.00%
    So I flew into Philly (Philidelphia) Friday night and go figure, its raining and my flight's delayed 2 hours. Everyone starts getting irritated and pissed off. I'm fine cuz I'm in no hurry and I'm traveling with my 4yr old, so I have to keep my composure. There was one particular lady, a blonde business woman who was just rambling on & on a mile a minute about anything and everything; including the flight being delayed.

Finally, we board the plane and BTW its a tiny aircraft (max 30 people). It's a full flight with 3 young children, ages 4 - 8. So we're sitting there....20 minutes goes by and the lady keeps rambling. She's sitting 1 row behind me & across of me. The man next to her puts his huge sony headfonez on and shuts her out. She continues to complain, "Are we leaving yet? When are we gonna leave? Can someone get me a cocktail?! I'm getting all figity, I'm getting on my blackberry!!!" She calls someone on it (yelling and talking REALLY LOUD TOO), "I'm on the plane! NO we haven't even left the f**kin' gate yet!" I know.... it gets worse too.

She chats for about 10 more minutes, complaining about not leaving, about how late it is and how she "supposedly" hadn't eaten since the day b4. She gets off her BB and claps her hands loudly, "Lets go, lets go, lets go!!! Are we leaving?! We're not leaving are we?" This behavior continues for another 20 minutes. Spontaneously, she stands and goes, "That's it, I'm getting my latop!!!" and opens the over -head compartment across from me, yanks her laptop bag out and it falls right towards the side of my head!!!!! The guy behind me catches it right before it hits me. My husband sitting across from me goes, "WTH are you doing lady?! You almost hit my wife in the head." She's like, "I'm sorry it fell" pft... lol. The flight attendant comes over & is like, "MAM! Do not get out of your seat while we are taxi-ing!" My husband motioned to the flight attendant without speaking out loud, as if "GET HER OFF THE PLANE!" LOL.

The lady gets back on her BB, "Darin, don't ever f**kin book me on US Airways or out of Philly airport again! I swear to God!!!" I was boiling at this point. Her dirty *** mouth wouldn't shut up, she almost gave me a fricken concusion with her falling out laptop overhead and it was obvious that everyone wanted her to shut up, but no one would say ANYTHING!

She gets off her BB and yells, "Everyone would be happy if we would take off now!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Then.... I snapped.

I turned towards her and said (under my breath, but enough so that at least 4-6 people in the plane could hear me), "Everyone would be happy if you would STFU!"

LOL half the plane started clapping and the guy behind me said, "Hahaha YEA!!"

I'm sorry there was so much reading, just needed to tell my tale lol It was like a short story. Hey I could be an author! nahhh.....
    06-09-09 09:15 AM
    HAHA its people like that who shouldn't be flying! she should of drove that crazy crazy biaaa! glad she didnt knock you out with the laptop though.

sorry you had to go through that!
    if it would of been me she definatly would have been cussed out within five minutes of her acting like an ***.
    06-09-09 09:20 AM
    I would have to be restrained by the Air Marshal
    06-09-09 10:29 AM
    I don't know how you kept your composure for so long without punchin her lights out......well not literally cuz that wouldve gotten you in trouble! But really-i would have told her to STFU sooner! I have no patience for arrogant people.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-09-09 11:00 AM
    I probably would have said something sooner, but I know it's one of those situations where hope the person just suddenly clams up.
    06-09-09 11:10 AM
    That is insane...I have flown us airways...those are some tiny planes...

06-09-09 12:15 PM
    Freaking self-important people.

"I'm getting on my Blackberry!"

really....who says that???
    06-09-09 12:44 PM
    Good Job, she deserved it...
    06-09-09 12:48 PM
    This is why I bring my attack Chihuahua on flights with them.

He puts people in their place.

Good for you. Lord knows my little London would have done worse.

06-09-09 01:12 PM
    yikes - that woman needed to be put under. glad you said something!
    06-09-09 01:15 PM
    Oh dear oh dear, sounds like a pretty awful flight to be on. Was it not awkward for the rest of the flight?

06-09-09 06:28 PM
    I was thinking either she was really boozed up or boozed up and she snorted coke cuz she was hyped and figity. When she was quiet from time to time when we were flying, she had this necklace that she twittered in her hands LMAO. Some kind of self-passifyer. I dunno but I really wanted to punch her. I didn't wanna be the one to get in trouble tho. Plus, punching someone on a tiny aircraft with 3 kids on it...? That wouldn't look good on Channel 5 news, lol.
    06-09-09 10:57 PM
    I commend you on your self control...I would have snapped long before that..she wouldnt have been talking on her BB she would have been eating it for lunch..great story,thanks for sharing!

JC
    06-10-09 03:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD