So part of my present to myself for getting a job is to get a new LCD HDTV.

I'm thinking a Sharp Aquos 40 or 42". It seems to be the best value for my $$$. I'm not a gamer, but just watch TV (will be getting digital cable with some HD channels) and movies (probably getting a blueray player as well, down the road). Anyone have any experience with the Aquos that they're willing to share? Remember, I'm not a gamer, just a casual TV watcher!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-08-09 12:43 AM
    aquos was once the best in lcd. they're still very good but i think samsung and sony bravia is now the best. regardless, nowadays u can easily find an amazing hdtv for a great price.
    06-08-09 02:26 AM
    Yeah, the Samsungs and sony bravias are a bit more than I was tooking to spend, but I know their quality (my friend has a Bravia).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-08-09 07:34 AM
    i have a Vizio - made by LG from what i understand. I have a 32" LCD 720p and i am most happy with it - has better color than Samsung's IMHO.
    06-08-09 08:00 AM
    I have a 47' LG hanging on the bedroom wall and I LOVE it. Picture and sound are fantastic .....there is a theater setting for the audio and its wicked on its own (no additional surround speakers)
    06-08-09 08:40 AM
    I have a 47' LG hanging on the bedroom wall and I LOVE it. Picture and sound are fantastic .....there is a theater setting for the audio and its wicked on its own (no additional surround speakers)
    You have a 47' tv
    06-08-09 08:54 AM
    You have a 47' tv
    In the bedroom, yes. In the living room is a 60'

Some women have a ginourmous shoe collection.....I have TV's.

*shrug*

EDIT!!!!! haha.......47 INCH not foot. I gotcha now
    Last edited by Mavis Fesselmeyer; 06-08-09 at 09:18 AM.
    06-08-09 09:09 AM
    So I think I found a Sony Bravia at Walmart for about the same price as I was going to pay at Best Buy for the Aquos. If it looks good, I'll probably wind up with the Bravia.
    06-08-09 09:27 AM
    So I think I found a Sony Bravia at Walmart for about the same price as I was going to pay at Best Buy for the Aquos. If it looks good, I'll probably wind up with the Bravia.
    nice choice - i have a Sony Bravia Surround System 5.1 set, came it box set up and run, sounds amazing.
    06-08-09 09:31 AM
    In the bedroom, yes. In the living room is a 60'

Some women have a ginourmous shoe collection.....I have TV's.

*shrug*

EDIT!!!!! haha.......47 INCH not foot. I gotcha now
    Here in Philly at the Comcast Tower, they have a wall of screens, that has become a tourist attraction. That might count as a 47 foot (I'm not sure of the actual size) TV.
    06-08-09 09:34 AM
    Here in Philly at the Comcast Tower, they have a wall of screens, that has become a tourist attraction. That might count as a 47 foot (I'm not sure of the actual size) TV.
    I'm an idi0t

The end.....*laughs to self*
    06-08-09 10:24 AM
    I'm a bug HDTV guy, you should check out some of the Samsung LCD TV's on Amazon, they have some good prices there and some with free shipping.
    06-08-09 10:31 AM
    I've got Two SHARP Aquos 1080P 42" Televisions. One in the basement living room, and one in my bedroom. They're a GREAT TV. Beautiful and very clear. I love the Aquos line. I know you can get last years model for pretty cheap right now too! And my family room has a 46" Aquos LOL
    06-08-09 10:42 AM
    I have a 56" Samsung LED DLP I love it and the picture is great, but my next tv will be an LCD no doubt.
    06-08-09 06:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD